No announcement yet.

We lost Softie today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horrible news, but my hope is that he was saved and is now in a much better place than we are.
    Before you respond please note the following:
    JMHO
    YMMV

Comment

Terrible to hear.

Godspeed Softie. RIP

Comment

Originally posted by nasavol View Post
        He beat all of our posts with that one didn’t he Warner.
        +1000
        He sure did. I used to love to talk a little softball with him too. We never disagreed much except on slapping vs bunting. He knew his stuff.

Comment

Sad to lose a great poster.

Comment

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obit...martin-9226813

I will more than likely attend Monday evening and then proceed to Scotties (if I can get a room nextdoor) and have a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Napervol View Post

I will more than likely attend Monday evening and then proceed to Scotties (if I can get a room nextdoor) and have a few.
              Thanks for sharing Naper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "Symbolism will be their downfall" - Q WWG1WGA
              "when people fear the government there is tyranny, When government fears the people there is Liberty" Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by NGage View Post
                Horrible news, but my hope is that he was saved and is now in a much better place than we are.
                My hope as well, for all of us. God bless.

Comment

If there is a way to contribute to an arrangement from his OM family I’ll be glad to chip in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ill meet you there if you want company. Touch base with BrwnWhiskey he can get you in if you need help.

Comment

After having a day to process,I can say that Softie was a consistently poignant poster and that he offered his help to me, a stranger, in a time of need. You can’t do better than that. Rest In Peace.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Napervol View Post

I would be interested in doing that Monday if you want to.
                        Elvis said find em young and Fred said old fashion girls are fun

Comment

Just found the thread, and hate to hear the news. RIP Softie...
                          If I wanted to commit suicide, I would climb Pruitt's ego and jump down to his IQ.

Comment

On the deck having a cigar and some rye whiskey in Softie's memory.

RIP.
                            Pissin' in the wind, bettin' on a losing friend
                            Makin' the same mistakes, we swore we'd never make again
                            And we're pissin' in the wind, but it's blowing on all our friends
                            We're gonna sit and grin and tell our grandchildren

Jerry Jeff Walker, RIP

I'm gonna live forever
                            I'm gonna cross that river
                            I'm gonna catch tomorrow now

Billy Joe Shaver, RIP

Comment

So sorry for his family. RIP Softie

Comment

I am just now seeing this guys, damn. Softie was a giant on this board, just an excellent poster, prayers for his family. Like others have said, this place is a family. It’s like the neighborhood bar for degenerate Vol football junkies and we stop by as often as we can. I have been a regular since 06 and the cast of characters here is second to none, some great people here and this one hurts. RIP SoftballVol, you will be missed.
                                Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand
                                Workin' in the dark against your fellow man
                                But as sure as God made black and white
                                What’s done in the dark will be brought to the light

Comment

David's (SBV) Obituary has been updated with more info and a photo.

Comment

Notice there is a link where one can share a memory, lets flood it with OM memories.

Comment

My memory:

I never had the privilege of meeting David in person but we shared many messages on a Tennessee football forum called Outermonvolia. He was a wonderful cyber friend and what an impressive life he led. Deepest sympathy to the family and RIP Softie(softballvol) , a true VFL.

Comment

Working...
                                      X