Sad News, GallaVol has passed away.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad News, GallaVol has passed away.

I believe he was here on this board from the beginning. He was a kind, thoughtful man and loved the Volunteers. RIP Galla, and say hello to the General for us sometime!

David Garland, 66, of Gallatin, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 13, after a long illness. Visitation with the family will be held Friday, Aug. 16, from 3-7 p.m. at Alexander Funeral Home. Mr. Garland was born Nov. 12, 1946, in Murray, Ky., to the late Dallas Garland and Margaret Bell Garland. He is preceded in death by his sister, Anne. Mr. Garland is survived by his wife of 23 years, Margaret Garland, and daughter, Araceli Garland, both of Gallatin. David is an alumnus of the University of Tennessee graduating class of 1972, where he played football and majored in history. He was a member of the Alpha Tau Omega fraternity. He will be missed. Online condolences may be submitted at www.alexanderfh.info. Alexander Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.

If you have a moment, please submit online condolences. thanks.

Thanks for the info. Much much too young as is often the case these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Knew he hadn't been doing well.

A true Volunteer. RIP Galla.

T-A-P Out!

Comment

Damn.

Comment

Galla was a good member here ... My condolences to his family ...

Comment

RIP Galla.

Comment

Sorry to hear it. Galla was a good guy. RIP

Comment

Even though I never met him

always felt like a friend to Dave. We had a mutual friend from Gallatin who ironically passed away almost exactly 6 years ago at the age of 60.

RIP Dave, a damn good vol friend

Comment

Sad news.

Galla will be missed, he was a great Volunteer and OMer.
                  Why can't we all just get along?

Comment

Very Sad

Galla was one of my favorite posters, both here and on the old Gridscape. He was excellent at taunting and ridiculing the sheep during the last days of Flummo. RIP.

Comment

RIP Galla. Never did understand why he quit posting here but, regardless, he was a good 'un.

Comment

RIP GallaVol. A true VFL.

Comment

SAD day, RIP

Comment

Had lunch with him a couple of years ago and we were friends on FB. He contacted me a few months ago on FB and was trying to log in here. Me and BlackSheep tried to help him get his account straightened out, but I have been so scattered I never knew if he was able to log in here and post or not. He never mentioned being gravely ill. In retrospect, he wasn't in great health when we met for lunch with Tux and Doug "E" Doug from Clarksvegas. He was a fine man.

Comment

My heart goes out to the family.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

This one is for GallaVol.

Comment

I was thinking about all the Vol fans who will miss the great Gruvival of Tennessee football. I'm sad for those lost like Blacksheepvol Sr. and GallaVol. When it happens, pour one out for MonVOLs lost.
                                  yup.

Comment

RIP
                                    Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand
                                    Workin' in the dark against your fellow man
                                    But as sure as God made black and white
                                    What’s done in the dark will be brought to the light

Comment

Originally posted by Blacksheepvol View Post
                                      I was thinking about all the Vol fans who will miss the great Gruvival of Tennessee football. I'm sad for those lost like Blacksheepvol Sr. and GallaVol. When it happens, pour one out for MonVOLs lost.
                                      Well said Blackie.

Comment

Originally posted by Blacksheepvol View Post
                                        My bud RobertNAtlanta among those.
                                        "INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT"

Comment

Working...
                                        X