Basilio Defending Barnes Post Season Tournament Record with Caller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basilio Defending Barnes Post Season Tournament Record with Caller

This is from today's show. Fast forward to 45:07 and listen to them defending Barnes post season record. I listen on Twitter so I can avoid commercials and hear them chat with each other off air. If there was a link for that I'd post it with them talking about the caller off air.

http://tclub.team/index.php?&page=mp3_archives

Tony was a whiny little bitch today so no desire to hear him again but by and large I really enjoy his shows

Barnes is 1-12 as a lower seed while Izzo has 16 such wins. Why that is I have no idea but with those sample sizes it’s more than just bad luck / good luck. Barnes is such a good underdog in the regular season so it’s even more puzzling. IDK maybe he treats the tournament too much like the regular season and sticks to his tried and true methods too much in the tournament which requires a greater sense of urgency
    Doubtful anything he could’ve done yesterday to change the outcome yesterday but every Purdue possession in the the 2nd half was a carbon copy of the others so as mentioned by others maybe you try something different to keep Edey from getting the ball in his desired spots.

The guy deserves a NC and at the very least another F4 so hopefully he gets it, who knows maybe it’ll come from a 5 or 6 seed when it’s less expected

Comment

Originally posted by awinatl View Post
      Tony was a whiny little bitch today so no desire to hear him again but by and large I really enjoy his shows

Barnes is 1-12 as a lower seed while Izzo has 16 such wins. Why that is I have no idea but with those sample sizes it’s more than just bad luck / good luck. Barnes is such a good underdog in the regular season so it’s even more puzzling. IDK maybe he treats the tournament too much like the regular season and sticks to his tried and true methods too much in the tournament which requires a greater sense of urgency
      Doubtful anything he could’ve done yesterday to change the outcome yesterday but every Purdue possession in the the 2nd half was a carbon copy of the others so as mentioned by others maybe you try something different to keep Edey from getting the ball in his desired spots.

The guy deserves a NC and at the very least another F4 so hopefully he gets it, who knows maybe it’ll come from a 5 or 6 seed when it’s less expected
      The guy upset with Barnes questioned why they didn’t try double teaming him with a guy in front and back since they only shot 20% from 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Volatl View Post

The guy upset with Barnes questioned why they didn’t try double teaming him with a guy in front and back since they only shot 20% from 3.
        It’s a tough call for a coach because the game was closely contested the entire 2nd half so you don’t want do anything too drastic to take your team out of the game but Purdue going a possession without either a made FG or at least 1 made FT coming down the stretch was unlikely , kinda like the Creighton coach give them a different look for just a few possessions to break the rythym

Comment

Originally posted by Volatl View Post

Well, Purdue was the #1 3 point shooting team entering the tourney. They did some double teams and had some success but I would of liked to see them try fronting the zipperhead.

Comment

Working...
          X