No announcement yet.

After speaking with the wifey last night after the game, I've come to realize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After speaking with the wifey last night after the game, I've come to realize

that The University of Tennessee really does, without a doubt, have the best, most loyal, unrelenting, fanbase in ALL of sports. My wife simply said something like "at least they made it this far..." or something close. But it made me realize that this fanbase has been absolutely TORTURED by the "almost had it" results over the years. I started thinking back as far as I could and I remember being in school in '92 and having a chance to go to the very 1st SECCG against rival Bama, only to blow it by giving up a freak punt to Arkansas at home. Then we lose a chance at a return natty in '01 because we can't stop a QB sneak. We had the greatest pitcher in softball history and she inexplicably gives up a HR to ruin any NC chance and to be the FIRST SEC team to win it. We had the greatest baseball team to walk the NCAA planet only to come up short in the CWS. We had a shot at the CFP in '22 and lost to a suck ass South Carolina team and blew it... on and on and on... I seriously doubt we could find ANY other program that has been SO close to the precipice of greatness only to "just miss it" for one reason or another. And those are just a few examples. Losing to LSU because Dooley cant fucking count. Or UNC rekick in which the NCAA change the damn rule! It's astonishing.
    Having said all that, my hat is off to all the THOUSANDS of UT fans that still give their all for UT! It has definitely not been an easy job. It really is remarkable. Any other fanbase in the world would've caved by now.

We are gluttons for punishment… but when we do get our one shining moment, like the upset of Bama 2 years ago, it's all worth it.

GBO
    GFYWD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    YOUR 2021 AND 2023 Picking Match Champion.

https://www.wwe.com/f/styles/gallery..._BIB_Props.jpg

Tammy, get me some hash-browns... GFYWD.

It ain't nothing to me to whoop a man's ass.

Comment

You forgot the loss to Purdue the last time in the NCAA basketball tourney where they changed the rules so that the shooter can't kick out their legs and get a foul called on the defense. The guard that got fouled shooting a 3 pointer made the free throws, game goes into OT and the Vols lose.

Comment

Originally posted by lexkyvol View Post
        You forgot the loss to Purdue the last time in the NCAA basketball tourney where they changed the rules so that the shooter can't kick out their legs and get a foul called on the defense. The guard that got fouled shooting a 3 pointer made the free throws, game goes into OT and the Vols lose.
        Forgot about that...FK

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Morgan View Post
          We are gluttons for punishment… but when we do get our one shining moment, like the upset of Bama 2 years ago, it's all worth it.

GBO
          GFYWD

It was a great moment in time but I would rather not have lost to them 26 straight years making it a great moment in time

Comment

Truth be told.....most schools can't come close to sniffing where are and where we have been. There's just one champion in football and one champion in basketball each year. There are perhaps 10 - 12 schools who routinely get close...and if you're one of those (we are), then you're going to need luck, and health, and people all pulling on the same end of the rope, and other variables to perfectly align. Just be glad we're somewhere where we can whine about this......most other schools can't.

Comment

Holy shit. Are you kidding me? They really changed the rule? I didn't know that. Unreal. That's TWO rule changes because of us getting screwed. Rule changes!!!

Comment

There's only one champion per sport each year. Just look at Bama football season. They were lucky to hit the final play against Auburn and make the playoff over Florida State. But they were unlucky to have a mismatched QB and center who botched the final play against Michigan. The stars have to align to win the title. We have great programs now! We just need to keep plugging, and eventually the 1998 luck will repeat and we'll win a major championship!

Comment

Originally posted by awinatl View Post

It was a great moment in time but I would rather not have lost to them 26 straight years making it a great moment in time
                  Well you can get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up your butcher's ass.

Comment

I'm in NYC for Spring break. Watched the game yesterday afternoon in a sports bar and realized I was likely the only true fan of either UT or Purdue. Yet, the patrons were equally excited about the game. Overhearing other's comments, most everyone was in some way invested in UT, either as a passive fan... or a foe. We are a name brand that almost everyone identifies with, either good or bad. I always knew that we were a national brand, but it really hit me yesterday of the magnitude of what that means.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Steal your face right off your head.

Comment

I was at the game in Louisville. It was brutal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Elvis said find em young and Fred said old fashion girls are fun

Comment

Kind words from a gator.

Elvis said find em young and Fred said old fashion girls are fun

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Smokey View Post
                          I'm in NYC for Spring break. Watched the game yesterday afternoon in a sports bar and realized I was likely the only true fan of either UT or Purdue. Yet, the patrons were equally excited about the game. Overhearing other's comments, most everyone was in some way invested in UT, either as a passive fan... or a foe. We are a name brand that almost everyone identifies with, either good or bad. I always knew that we were a national brand, but it really hit me yesterday of the magnitude of what that means.

What the hell are you doing in NYC for spring break?? What did the casual think about Whang not getting any fouls called on him while we were whistled for breathing on him.

Comment

Originally posted by clintonaldo View Post
                            Kind words from a gator.

Bahahaaha! Good one! Clown.

Comment

Don't forget all the runners-up for the heisman!

I was looking at SEC final four teams over history…Tennessee, A&M, Ole Miss, Vandy, and Mizzou are the only ones to never make it. Even Oklahoma and Texas have made it. The turd and Auburn have both made it now over the past few seasons.

It does get old having to wear a cup for every sport, every season. But you keep plugging and hopefully the breaks eventually fall your way. I'm actually OK with being disappointed in an elite eight, because I felt like this team could/should be a FF team. That means a) I still have the passion and b) the program is getting closer. Maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

What the hell are you doing in NYC for spring break?? What did the casual think about Whang not getting any fouls called on him while we were whistled for breathing on him.

The wife and son love to travel. It's the only time of the year I really want to leave the beach. We went to Islamorada (2021). My son was 9 and saw more titties than what I saw in all the Porkies movies. Since then, my son picks the location. He took us to Philly (2022), Copenhagen (2023), and NYC. Guess he prefers the city life. I expect we'll get back to Islamorada when the hormones kick in.

Comment

What did the casual think about Whang not getting any fouls called on him while we were whistled for breathing on him.

NYC is a very tolerant place.

Credit Warner for the meme.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Smokey View Post
                                    The wife and son love to travel. It's the only time of the year I really want to leave the beach. We went to Islamorada (2021). My son was 9 and saw more titties than what I saw in all the Porkies movies. Since then, my son picks the location. He took us to Philly (2022), Copenhagen (2023), and NYC. Guess he prefers the city life. I expect we'll get back to Islamorada when the hormones kick in.

Use to dive and fish in Islandmorada ....I love the Keys. Not much on Key West though.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff1vol View Post
                                      that The University of Tennessee really does, without a doubt, have the best, most loyal, unrelenting, fanbase in ALL of sports. My wife simply said something like "at least they made it this far..." or something close. But it made me realize that this fanbase has been absolutely TORTURED by the "almost had it" results over the years. I started thinking back as far as I could and I remember being in school in '92 and having a chance to go to the very 1st SECCG against rival Bama, only to blow it by giving up a freak punt to Arkansas at home. Then we lose a chance at a return natty in '01 because we can't stop a QB sneak. We had the greatest pitcher in softball history and she inexplicably gives up a HR to ruin any NC chance and to be the FIRST SEC team to win it. We had the greatest baseball team to walk the NCAA planet only to come up short in the CWS. We had a shot at the CFP in '22 and lost to a suck ass South Carolina team and blew it... on and on and on... I seriously doubt we could find ANY other program that has been SO close to the precipice of greatness only to "just miss it" for one reason or another. And those are just a few examples. Losing to LSU because Dooley cant fucking count. Or UNC rekick in which the NCAA change the damn rule! It's astonishing.
                                      Having said all that, my hat is off to all the THOUSANDS of UT fans that still give their all for UT! It has definitely not been an easy job. It really is remarkable. Any other fanbase in the world would've caved by now.
                                      You are correct Jeff. We do have the Clint Stoener fumble though. Thank goodness for that!

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ChattanoogaVol View Post
                                        You are correct Jeff. We do have the Clint Stoener fumble though. Thank goodness for that!

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
                                        And the redirected FG to beat bammer was pretty nice too

Comment

Working...
                                        X