The basketball gods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The basketball gods

A petition to replace Cuonzo Martin (Purdue alum) during a sweet 16 run, the Grant/Admiral team hold the #1 ranking for more than a month only to be ousted by Purdue in heartbreaking fashion, Purdue yesterday knocks out our SEC championship team with our best player in 25 years

yeah the basketball gods don’t forget and are some cruel sumbitches

Maybe the Gods would have been more favorable if we had fronted Zach Edey with Aidoo instead of playing behind him. Also maybe we should limit our shooting to threes and layups since we cannot hit 12-15 foot shots. You never play behind a seven foot center and allow him to bully you. Deny him the ball is the better play.
    Last edited by Vespid; April 1, 2024, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Aidoo was this year's Nkamhoua (is that how you spell it?). He was simply terrible the last two games. Basillio mentioned on his blog this morning that Aidoo has bad knees, which I have never heard of before. In all seriousness, if that is the case, I think Aidoo needs to take a medical hardship and concentrate on his studies.

Comment

Originally posted by Pump Guy View Post
        Aidoo was this year's Nkamhoua (is that how you spell it?). He was simply terrible the last two games. Basillio mentioned on his blog this morning that Aidoo has bad knees, which I have never heard of before. In all seriousness, if that is the case, I think Aidoo needs to take a medical hardship and concentrate on his studies.
        Too funny the ole undisclosed injury excuse …..his knees looked just fine in the games where he had like 8 dunks

Comment

Originally posted by Pump Guy View Post
          Had never heard this before either.

Comment

Originally posted by awinatl View Post

Too funny the ole undisclosed injury excuse …..his knees looked just fine in the games where he had like 8 dunks
            ZZ looked fine with the flu and no legs too. LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by awinatl View Post

Yeah the 3 good games he had he seemed just fine. His problem is that he's softer and skinnier than sg, he continues to try to shoot jump shots instead of posting up, and if he misses his first couple of shots then he's a liability. Credit Barne$ for snatching his ass and playing Wocka and freshman Estrada over him. If he portals he portals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              YOUR 2021 AND 2023 Picking Match Champion.

https://www.wwe.com/f/styles/gallery..._BIB_Props.jpg

Tammy, get me some hash-browns... GFYWD.

It ain't nothing to me to whoop a man's ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Morgan View Post

If he portals he portals.

Isn't that what the Russian said about Apollo Creed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by egbert View Post

Isn't that what the Russian said about Apollo Creed?

We must break him.

Comment

To make matters worse this morning the ESPN gurus spent a lot of time showing highlights and talking about Burns and how good he is....They also said Burns was the only one in the tournament that could matchup with Edey....Shit

Comment

Originally posted by Tnphil View Post
                      To make matters worse this morning the ESPN gurus spent a lot of time showing highlights and talking about Burns and how good he is....They also said Burns was the only one in the tournament that could matchup with Edey....Shit
                      Burns will foul out in 10 minutes. He's shorter and fatter with no vertical so Whang will catch and dunk all game. I hope Burns eats his lunch.

Comment

Burns will foul out in 10 minutes. He's shorter and fatter with no vertical so Whang will catch and dunk all game. I hope Burns eats his lunch.

Burns will eat all of their lunches if they leave it unguarded.

Seriously, he really does have a great story. I hate that it didn't work out for him, but I really have zero ill feelings toward him. Just not a good fit at Tennessee.

I did not realize that he's an entrepreneur… Apparently was talking with one of the assistant coaches about needing money, and the assistant suggested he go into franchising vending machines and he's now making money off of that. Maybe I've got the story wrong with that the gist of it. His post game interview made him very likable and I love that he smiles while he plays.

Comment

Originally posted by egbert View Post

Burns will eat all of their lunches if they leave it unguarded.

Seriously, he really does have a great story. I hate that it didn't work out for him, but I really have zero ill feelings toward him. Just not a good fit at Tennessee.

I did not realize that he's an entrepreneur… Apparently was talking with one of the assistant coaches about needing money, and the assistant suggested he go into franchising vending machines and he's now making money off of that. Maybe I've got the story wrong with that the gist of it. His post game interview made him very likable and I love that he smiles while he plays.

Yep I'm a DJ Burns fan. Basilio said the coaches told him to get in better shape, that they would tell him he's not getting in shape, and he would tell them it didn't matter because he was better than the rest of the team. Lulz…

Comment

Originally posted by Vespid View Post
                            Maybe the Gods would have been more favorable if we had fronted Zach Edey with Aidoo instead of playing behind him. Also maybe we should limit our shooting to threes and layups since we cannot hit 12-15 foot shots. You never play behind a seven foot center and allow him to bully you. Deny him the ball is the better play.
                            Glad to see someone finally saying that beside myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Vespid View Post
                              In hindsight I’d have to agree, should’ve mixed up how we defended him. They weren’t shooting the 3 well at all so maybe try a little more double teams. But we trailed the entire 2H and an 8 pt deficit kinda felt like a 15. Not an easy team to make runs on because Edey gets fouled so much

Comment

Yeah the 3 good games he had he seemed just fine. His problem is that he's softer and skinnier than sg, he continues to try to shoot jump shots instead of posting up, and if he misses his first couple of shots then he's a liability. Credit Barne$ for snatching his ass and playing Wocka and freshman Estrada over him. If he portals he portals.

KEep oN.

Comment

Awaka had started fronting him and was successful pushing him under the basket where they couldn't make a pass. He fouled out next time down the floor. Refs saw what was about to happen and weren't going to let it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                  X