Edey Postgame Ripped Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tnphil View Post

Still can't believe he dropped 40 on our asses.
    That's on Barnes for not having a plan to slow him down. Former assistant beat Purdue twice. How? Our center, I believe, is the DJ on NCSU in the final 4 that had off court issues at UT. Could have used him.

Comment

Originally posted by El Diablo View Post

That's on Barnes for not having a plan to slow him down. Former assistant beat Purdue twice. How? Our center, I believe, is the DJ on NCSU in the final 4 that had off court issues at UT. Could have used him.
      Yep...we could have used him in the middle.

Bob Kesling was on a local radio show this morning and the host asked him about Burns at UT and what his issue was....Kesling said.....Not everybody is made for Barnes. Burns was big bodied and not in the best of shape....Barnes wanted him in much better shape inorder to play defense the way Barnes wanted. They put Burns through the ringer in the weight and cardio rooms...Kesling said at times when he saw what they were putting Burns through he thought when they were done they would have to drag him out he was so exhausted.....He got tired of it and left and the rest is history.

Comment

Not many plans could have slowed him down Sunday. He was motivated by so called slight from Barne$, making a FF, oh and he committed 1 foul while drawing 17 on him and camping out in the paint 10+ seconds, walking, all the while being over the back and throwing elbows. If ZZ played his normal game, we win. We tried to front him and they threw it over our head. He backed/knocked Adieu out of bounds for a layup. The one hope we had is if we had prime Shaq.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        YOUR 2021 AND 2023 Picking Match Champion.

https://www.wwe.com/f/styles/gallery..._BIB_Props.jpg

Tammy, get me some hash-browns... GFYWD.

It ain't nothing to me to whoop a man's ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Morgan View Post

Not many plans could have slowed him down Sunday. He was motivated by so called slight from Barne$, making a FF, oh and he committed 1 foul while drawing 17 on him and camping out in the paint 10+ seconds, walking, all the while being over the back and throwing elbows. If ZZ played his normal game, we win. We tried to front him and they threw it over our head. He backed/knocked Adieu out of bounds for a layup. The one hope we had is if we had prime Shaq.

There was a 14 minute span where no one on TN scored except Konnect.

Comment

Originally posted by Volatl View Post

There was a 14 minute span where no one on TN scored except Konnect.
            Yep I'm baffled why JJJ didn't shoot or attack more, especially after the first half he had. He regressed to the mean in the 2nd.

Comment

Yep I'm baffled why JJJ didn't shoot or attack more, especially after the first half he had. He regressed to the mean in the 2nd.

Yep...we got up 11 at that point and started downhill. Damnit

Comment

Originally posted by Tnphil View Post

Yep...we got up 11 at that point and started downhill. Damnit
                I thought we had a good chance to win. It's amazing how fast that switched. Complete 180.

Comment

Big buy behind him with small guy in front. I would have my big guys flopping with each contact. Make them shoot 3s and live with results. Also, full court pressure the whole game (need to play 10 guys) and run after every made basket to beat him down court. Lay ups would not be allowed.

Comment

Big buy behind him with small guy in front. I would have my big guys flopping with each contact. Make them shoot 3s and live with results. Also, full court pressure the whole game (need to play 10 guys) and run after every made basket to beat him down court. Lay ups would not be allowed.
                    The wide open layups were the difference in the score… just mental lapses to let them drive and lay it up unencumbered. Had we shut those down, and ZZ been ZZ… we are getting ready to play NC St again.

Damnit, so close, and it still stings.

Comment

The wide open layups were the difference in the score… just mental lapses to let them drive and lay it up unencumbered. Had we shut those down, and ZZ been ZZ… we are getting ready to play NC St again.

Jeff Galooly would’ve neutralized him

Comment

Your right. Not only did ZZ suck offensively he got abused by the little white guy who beat him off the dribble multiple times and his help was screened off by the zipperhead. ZZ has been great for UTBB but he let all his teammates and fans down with his no show.

Comment

Working...
                        X