Edey Postgame Ripped Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edey Postgame Ripped Barnes

Said he was interested in coming to TN and they had no interest in him. Said Barnes came to see him at practice. Said it was good to get his career high against us.
    Last edited by Volatl; March 31, 2024, 05:14 PM.

Originally posted by Volatl View Post
    Said he was interested in coming to TN and they had no interest in him. Said Barnes came to see him at practice. Said it was good to get his career high against us.
    Barnes HATES huge 5's. Obviously. Not having a dominant big is his downfall. Over and over again. How many tourney games have we had where we said "only wish" we had someone that could dominate the paint. It was our missing piece this year.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

Probably passed over Edey for that strange white guy from Delaware who transferred to a HBCU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I only saw a short snip from that interview and he didn't say all that in what they posted. He did talk about All the doubters something like this…”so many coaches that looked over me. Name a program and I can name a coach that looked over me. Look at Tennessee, Rick Barnes is a great coach but he was at a bunch of our practices and he looked over me. That is the story of my life. People doubted me and looked past me. They can't do that anymore.”

I would love to see that whole interview. Someone post it.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff1vol View Post
          Barnes HATES huge 5's. Obviously. Not having a dominant big is his downfall. Over and over again. How many tourney games have we had where we said "only wish" we had someone that could dominate the paint. It was our missing piece this year.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
          Told you guys last year we would miss Uros.

Comment

Originally posted by egbert View Post
            Probably passed over Edey for that strange white guy from Delaware who transferred to a HBCU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Since 247 had him ranked as the 75th best center in the nation and 33rd best player in FL, it's easy to see why coaches weren't beating a path to his door. It makes his statement a big nothing burger….he must have been a real stiff in high school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FLAVOLS View Post
              I only saw a short snip from that interview and he didn't say all that in what they posted. He did talk about All the doubters something like this…”so many coaches that looked over me. Name a program and I can name a coach that looked over me. Look at Tennessee, Rick Barnes is a great coach but he was at a bunch of our practices and he looked over me. That is the story of my life. People doubted me and looked past me. They can't do that anymore.”

I would love to see that whole interview. Someone post it.
              That’s a little different then. Basilio just said he didn’t even start at IMG. Obviously it’s personal but not isolated to just Barnes. It doesn’t look like many were interested for good reason if he was a back up. Maybe he really wanted to play for TN but why didn’t he do this after other games? He is a senior and should already been drafted.

Comment

He sounded very bitter.
                One very angry Asian.
                Kind of like Yamamoto after Midway.

Comment

Originally posted by FLAVOLS View Post

Told you guys last year we would miss Uros.
                  IDK Uros probably lasts about 5 minutes today before fouling out

Comment

Originally posted by awinatl View Post

IDK Uros probably lasts about 5 minutes today before fouling out
                    But he sure as hell would have made Edey feel it!

Comment

https://x.com/marchmadnessmbb/status...zbrTqEoDKL4ZvQ

Comment

Ouch. That doesn’t look good. Shitty to say that though. It’s not like Barnes screwed him over. He wasn’t the only one. He also used the F word in national tv. After all he is given and was given this season he’s a punk assed bitch. He’s a pussy for not saying something before the game and instead after.
                        Last edited by Volatl; March 31, 2024, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Screw Edey. He's a big stiff that most likely will never post up down low in the NBA b/c both his team and the other team will pass him twice on the way to their respective baskets. If gettng passed over spurred him to work on his game then more power to him. He's got a soft touch around the basket, but he gets away with a lot of pushing and shoving. IF 3 seconds were still a thing he'd be forced to play furher out.

As I said in chat: he'll be paid millions to run from the top of one key to the other.

Comment

Dude's a loudmouth pussy. He'll get the Cherokee Parks treatment wherever he plays. Can't take 4-5 steps a drive or pop guys in the face with impunity without terrible reciprocity.

Comment

He probably used that chip on his shoulder for motivation and it's gotten him & his team to the FF... As an aside, who saw & picked Dalton K? You win some you lose some....

To the victors go the spoils. They'll have to play better against a team with a good big....

Comment

Originally posted by tenneddie View Post
                                He sounded very bitter.
                                One very angry Asian.
                                Kind of like Yamamoto after Midway.
                                if he had come here he couldn't have walked and chewed gum at the same time and Barnes would have run him off.

Let's be honest though....There isn't a swinging dick on this sight that wouldn't have loved to have in a Vol uniform.

Comment

Just makes him look bad. After this year he will be forgotten.
                                  Self appointed number 1 Vol Fan

Comment

Good luck to Edey in the Chinese pros.

Comment

Coming out of high school, Edey was a 3 star and rated by 247 sports the #76 center in the nation. As a senior at IMG he was 3rd team behind Brandon Huntley-Hatfield and Mark Williams. Rick Barnes wasn't the only person that overlooked him.
                                      Last edited by volmeister; March 31, 2024, 08:33 PM.
                                      Self appointed number 1 Vol Fan

Comment

Besides the F bomb

https://x.com/boness305/status/17745...y-xbBzc3WyzNDg

Comment

Working...
                                        X