Thanks for the memories Dalton Knecht

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the memories Dalton Knecht

Once in a decade (or generation) talent. Wish our other "big guns" had given him some help today but nobody was able to rise to the occasion. I'm officially disappointed with an EE berth...I'll look back on the season more fondly later, but I'm very disappointed in the way nobody else stepped up today. It was there, we had our chances, but we just don't have any alphas outside of Knecht and ZZ, and ZZ just had a rotten game. It happens, but it sucks.

The roster needs a big overhaul for next year. Outside of ZZ and maybe Awaka at times, I'm not sure we have an alpha coming back.

Originally posted by egbert View Post
    Once in a decade (or generation) talent. Wish our other "big guns" had given him some help today but nobody was able to rise to the occasion. I'm officially disappointed with an EE berth...I'll look back on the season more fondly later, but I'm very disappointed in the way nobody else stepped up today. It was there, we had our chances, but we just don't have any alphas outside of Knecht and ZZ, and ZZ just had a rotten game. It happens, but it sucks.

The roster needs a big overhaul for next year. Outside of ZZ and maybe Awaka at times, I'm not sure we have an alpha coming back.
    I think Dilione will step up next season and Carr will provide much needed athleticism along with Mashack.

It will definitely be a re-tool season though.

We need to hit the portal for some muscle down low and power forward.

Comment

A great player played great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sometimes, a simple chart has wisdom that hits us between our eyes.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/401638642

Dang it, anyway.

Comment

Agree with all you said. Lots of work to do and we really need a high quality big man plus another pg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Absolutely…..thank you Dalton Knecht, JJJ, and Vescovi it was a pleasure watching you play on The Hill (although a little frustrating at times)

Comment

In the end Vescovi's disappearance (sickness) did hurt us badly. Knecht shouldn't be the only option.

Comment

I would bet my house ZZ has the same bug Vescovi had(has). Our F4 chance was probably blocked by a bug.

Comment

Dalton will be a heavily called name at HS graduations in TN for the Class of 2042.

Seriously, he is a top 3 all time Vol with King and Houston. I hope he goes to a team I can root for in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by FLAVOLS View Post

I think Dilione will step up next season and Carr will provide much needed athleticism along with Mashack.

It will definitely be a re-tool season though.

We need to hit the portal for some muscle down low and power forward.
                    Hope so...the talent appears to be there. I wish they had gotten more PT. Definitely need some talent influx inside...that's what I mean by retooling. And I don't mean 6'8" Awaka clones...he's a very good player but we need more height.

Comment

Sigh Bama is in the ff and volunteers were 7 points away and #3 gave it hix all. Sounds like the story of my life so close yet only to have it ripped out of my hands.

Comment

Originally posted by egbert View Post

Neither one of those guys are tall enough. Gonna have to get Estrella, Dillione and Carr game ready and hit the portal hard. Concerned about Dillione being average at best. Aidoo can be a back up or hit the portal. He sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Tennessee View Post
                          Sigh Bama is in the ff and volunteers were 7 points away and #3 gave it hix all. Sounds like the story of my life so close yet only to have it ripped out of my hands.
                          Yep....We beat the Turd bastards twice and they are in the F4 and we aren't. Unreal and unfair.

Comment

Konnect is way better player than Eddy who is ja tall goon that gets a lot of help from the refs. I absolutely 100% believe the refs are under a directive to get him as many calls as possible and more call Anthony him. Fucking shit’s rigged, Can’t wait to see him get roughed up in NBA.
                            Last edited by Volatl; March 31, 2024, 04:15 PM.

Comment

DK got little help from the others. Estrella showed alot of potential. Mashack, Tobe and Gainey showed flashes but didn't maintain it. JJJ had good stats and should have taken more shots. ZZ looked tired at the end. Aidoo has lost his job to Estrella. If a couple of DK's treys would have hit at the end we'd be happier.
                              Wish we had DK another year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoojang View Post
                                DK got little help from the others. Estrella showed alot of potential. Mashack, Tobe and Gainey showed flashes but didn't maintain it. JJJ had good stats and should have taken more shots. ZZ looked tired at the end. Aidoo has lost his job to Estrella. If a couple of DK's treys would have hit at the end we'd be happier.
                                Wish we had DK another year.
                                I gotta say I have an all knew appreciation and respect for Barnes for pulling Aidoo the last 2 games. Now find his replacement.

Comment

He was the highlight of a very enjoyable season
                                  Self appointed number 1 Vol Fan

Comment

Basilio just said that TN spent their portal budget on Konnect. Wonder how much that was

Comment

Cant win missing 4-8 ft jump shots. Terrible shooting near the rim. That was open ALL DAY, yet we didnt have anyone that could make a HS gimme.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Volatl View Post
                                        Basilio just said that TN spent their portal budget on Konnect. Wonder how much that was
                                        Was a good investment.

Comment

Working...
                                        X