Refs made up their mind at half time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by utsc View Post

This is not the reason we lost. Game plan was great. Let him get his and defend the 3. Didn't plan on nobody but DK showing up. If Zeke has a normal game we win. Not having vescovi was a killer to the offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Didn't say it was. But it was definitely part of the reason. When Edey can take half the game off from not having to work as hard defending his man then it definitely helps his stamina. Why the fuck do you think he can play the entire game and not be gassed if he's really working hard on the defensive end. And don't even get me started on the rebounding. Even if they were working hard to keep him off the boards (obviously not great since he got 16 rebounds too) so other guys on the team could rebound we still did a piss poor job.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannabis Vol View Post

He was bad defensively too. I cant remember a game where he got beat off the dribble as much as he did today. They hit like four 3 pointers and 2 of them were because ZZ was slow on closing out.

The refs were terrible but the Vols win if they knock down some open looks.
      We didn't challenge Edey enough on the offensive end - at all

Comment

Originally posted by FLAVOLS View Post

But not challenging edey gives you the lesser of two evils - don't challenge him and he dominates the game, challenge him all the time, and your team fouls out.

I'll just leave this here. I guess our guy was called for running into edey's elbow.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tnjimbob View Post
          But not challenging edey gives you the lesser of two evils - don't challenge him and he dominates the game, challenge him all the time, and your team fouls out.

I'll just leave this here. I guess our guy was called for running into edey's elbow.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
          Yep…but I'm talking more about on the offensive side of the ball. He didn't have to work hardly at all down low except to get rebound position. He did not get challenged hardly at all in the paint. I had hopes Awaka was going to come out and give him a run but alas…those pesky fouls on the other end killed that.

Aidoo - fuhgitaboutit

Estrella - we were just happy to have his size on the defensive end or Edey might have scored 60.

He played a lot of minutes and I think mainly because he didn’t have to work hard on the defensive end.

Comment

Didn't say it was. But it was definitely part of the reason. When Edey can take half the game off from not having to work as hard defending his man then it definitely helps his stamina. Why the fuck do you think he can play the entire game and not be gassed if he's really working hard on the defensive end. And don't even get me started on the rebounding. Even if they were working hard to keep him off the boards (obviously not great since he got 16 rebounds too) so other guys on the team could rebound we still did a piss poor job.
            Don't disagree with this. We didn't challenge him at all. Even awaka faded away every shot. Why not a shot fake and go at him? I just don't get it. I agree with the defensive plan not the offensive one in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by utsc View Post

Don't disagree with this. We didn't challenge him at all. Even awaka faded away every shot. Why not a shot fake and go at him? I just don't get it. I agree with the defensive plan not the offensive one in that regard.

Yep, many of us in le chat were screaming to DRIVE the ball. Go right at his big ass and draw contact hoping the refs would call a foul. They certainly show they don't call 3 seconds, over the back, or elbowing people out of his way. Dog eating piece of Chernobyl spawn looking shit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              YOUR 2021 AND 2023 Picking Match Champion.

https://www.wwe.com/f/styles/gallery..._BIB_Props.jpg

Tammy, get me some hash-browns... GFYWD.

It ain't nothing to me to whoop a man's ass.

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                X