Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I bet Coachwatch loved the halftime show!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Volatl View Post

Thanks for sharing. I was at Prince's very last show at the Fox Theatre in ATL a week before he died. I almost didn't go because it was the piano and a microphone show. One of the best shows of any artist I've ever seen. Glad I got to see him in the 80s with a band.
    Damn… that went from an incredible show to an historically out of this world show.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    YOUR 2021 AND 2023 Picking Match Champion.

https://www.wwe.com/f/styles/gallery..._BIB_Props.jpg

Tammy, get me some hash-browns... GFYWD.

It ain't nothing to me to whoop a man's ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Morgan View Post

Damn… that went from an incredible show to an historically out of this world show.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      This was a tour of only 9 shows. 3 in Oakland, 2 in Montreal, 2 in Toronto and 2 in Atlanta. They were pop up shows and the ticket sales weren’t announced ahead of time and they were scheduled the following week. Of course all sold out. Not sure about the others but the Atlanta shows were cancelled and all the tickets were refunded and then put on sale a few weeks later. He was ODing almost daily and staying alive with Narcan. TMZ released video the week after the Atlanta shows of him pacing outside a Walgreens in Minneapolis wearing a hoodie in the summer while someone was filling his Narcan prescription. There were 2 shows in Atlanta 7 and 10. I was at the final 10 show. Met a friend at the Georgian hotel across the street and hung out while the other show was happening. When they let out at 9 the atmosphere was electric and people were sharing stories of how incredible it was. I shit you not, when my show started I’ve never heard a crowd of women scream like they did at this show. It was blood curdling and made the hair on the back of your kneck stand up. After the show he flew back to Minneapolis but stopped in Moline 45 mins away from his destination. It was said because of the flu hit we now know he had another OD. The week after same as the final OD he told a small group of people who were touring Paisley Park how happy he was about the Atlanta shows and that he was going to release a recording of them. He would occasionally do pop up shows at Paisley and if you happened to be there you got in. I’m guessing most people don’t know this but Prince played all the instruments on his records but was rarely happy with them. Supposedly there’s a treasure trove of albums he recorded but never saw the light of day that the masters were locked in his vault I’m kicking myself that I didn’t keep my ticket stub but I did take a picture of it. Those were going for 300 the next day. I bought a tshirt and haven’t worn it so have that. Theres a bootleg of the show that someone recorded on their cell phone. We weren’t allowed to bring in phones so not sure how they got it in.

Sorry I didn’t use paragraphs.

Comment

Last edited by Volatl; February 12, 2024, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X