• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chip Kelly. WOW!

Bruce Feldman
    @BruceFeldmanCFB
    ·
    6m
    BREAKING: UCLA’s Chip Kelly is expected to become the new OC at Ohio State, per source. Buckeyes head coach Ryan Day played for Kelly at UNH and later coached with him at three stops. twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCF…
    Self appointed number 1 Vol Fan

He left for a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by smooth View Post
      He left for a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yup...Kelly is nothing more than a OC. He is getting out while he can. Osu is trying to buy a NC with NIL money and coaches salaries. Who knows if it will work but I would take the field over osu and their money. Kelly is more overrated than Kiffen if that tells you anything.

Comment

Yep, he whored himself out to many NFL teams as a candidate for OC, now he is scurrying off the ship to avoid being terminated. On to the next job and next guaranteed salary contract. The Chipacrite left a once proud UCLA in shambles.

Comment

No clue how his buyout is structured, but seems like he would stand to make more money in a buyout from UCLA, and then becoming an OC somewhere if he desired in a year or two. Maybe the opportunity to work with Ryan Day was more of a pull. I would guess Ohio State is going to have to pay a pretty penny in a buyout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Got to tip the cap to tOSU as they are going all in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            YOUR 2021 AND 2023 Picking Match Champion.

https://www.wwe.com/f/styles/gallery..._BIB_Props.jpg

Tammy, get me some hash-browns... GFYWD.

It ain't nothing to me to whoop a man's ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannabis Vol View Post

Yup...Kelly is nothing more than a OC. He is getting out while he can. Osu is trying to buy a NC with NIL money and coaches salaries. Who knows if it will work but I would take the field over osu and their money. Kelly is more overrated than Kiffen if that tells you anything.
              Kelly was much better than Kiffin , Oregon was most relevant while he was there with sick speed guys everywhere, playing in a super fast break offense and sometimes wearing cool uniforms and his stuff even worked in the NFL for a brief instant. But he refused to change and adapt and one of those guys who thought his stuff can work regardless of talent and certainly not one to put in the work recruiting

NIL and the portal especially is taxing on the guys who just want to coach football and now he just gets to draw up plays and run them but he’s a control freak so no idea how this will work out

Comment

Originally posted by egbert View Post
                No clue how his buyout is structured, but seems like he would stand to make more money in a buyout from UCLA, and then becoming an OC somewhere if he desired in a year or two. Maybe the opportunity to work with Ryan Day was more of a pull. I would guess Ohio State is going to have to pay a pretty penny in a buyout.

Ive got a feeling he is trying to "Cuonzo" and get a better gig prior to being fired. He can call plays with a far superior amount of talent compared to whats in UCLA right now. He gets tOSU in the championship he becomes a hot commodity again, rather then being viewed as an also ran.

Comment

Michigan firing back
                  Top College Football Program Hiring ex-NFL Coach As Defensive Coordinator (msn.com)

Comment

Originally posted by awinatl View Post

Kelly was much better than Kiffin , Oregon was most relevant while he was there with sick speed guys everywhere, playing in a super fast break offense and sometimes wearing cool uniforms and his stuff even worked in the NFL for a brief instant. But he refused to change and adapt and one of those guys who thought his stuff can work regardless of talent and certainly not one to put in the work recruiting

NIL and the portal especially is taxing on the guys who just want to coach football and now he just gets to draw up plays and run them but he’s a control freak so no idea how this will work out
                    Wasn't he also the Saban/Bama of the West? IIRC they were Bama level cheating while he was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Volatl View Post

Wasn't he also the Saban/Bama of the West? IIRC they were Bama level cheating while he was there.
                      Where there were good teams you would find cheating ……lots of it. He probably didn’t have to recruit as hard at Oregon because the 2 SoCal programs were down and the Nike shit had Oregon as “the IT” school on the west coast

Comment

NIL an just want to coach football and now he just gets to draw up plays and run them but he’s a control freak so no idea how this will work out
                        ANY college coach from HC down the list has to deal with NIL. Kelly is NOT a head coach. Overrated...absolutely...good coach...I have never seen him out coach anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by CA Vol Guy View Post

Ive got a feeling he is trying to "Cuonzo" and get a better gig prior to being fired. He can call plays with a far superior amount of talent compared to whats in UCLA right now. He gets tOSU in the championship he becomes a hot commodity again, rather then being viewed as an also ran.
                          Good points. I suppose there are times when “it's not about the money” in sports. They're rare, but I'm sure they're out there.

And it's not like he'll be a pauper at OSU…

Comment

Wow, Pac 12 (well, former PAC 12) contracts are not written like SEC contracts…buyout is only $1.5 million.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannabis Vol View Post

I’d say he’s a pretty damn good head coach
                              Oregon Ducks (Pac-10/Pac-12 Conference) (2009–2012)
                              2009 Oregon 10–3 8–1 1st L Rose 11 11
                              2010 Oregon 12–1 9–0 1st L BCS NCG 3 3
                              2011 Oregon 12–2 8–1 T–1st (North) W Rose 4 4
                              2012 Oregon 12–1 8–1 T–1st(North) W Fiesta 2 2
                              Oregon: 46–7 33–3

Comment

Reports say he'll take a $4M pay cut and OSU will pay UCLA $1.5M. All that to move from LA to Ohio. He must really want out.
                                Was that 'the opportunity to work with Ryan Day' sarcasm? It's the first time I've ever read those words together.

Comment

Originally posted by PGVaVol View Post

Reports say he'll take a $4M pay cut and OSU will pay UCLA $1.5M. All that to move from LA to Ohio. He must really want out.
                                  Was that 'the opportunity to work with Ryan Day' sarcasm? It's the first time I've ever read those words together.
                                  Opportunity for him — I believe he was Day's coach and Day worked for him previously. So for most folks, not much of one, but with their history together, it's one for Kelly.

Comment

Originally posted by nasavol View Post

I’d say he’s a pretty damn good head coach
                                    Oregon Ducks (Pac-10/Pac-12 Conference) (2009–2012)
                                    2009 Oregon 10–3 8–1 1st L Rose 11 11
                                    2010 Oregon 12–1 9–0 1st L BCS NCG 3 3
                                    2011 Oregon 12–2 8–1 T–1st (North) W Rose 4 4
                                    2012 Oregon 12–1 8–1 T–1st(North) W Fiesta 2 2
                                    Oregon: 46–7 33–3
                                    I’d say he WAS a pretty damn good coach , his stuff was cutting edge at Oregon but after everyone else started running it and got used to it he never really adapted and changed ……some decent years at UCLA to go along with some not so decent years

I don’t think he ever really like recruiting and now that you have to re-recruit much of your team every year he probably just said F it

Comment

I’d say he WAS a pretty damn good coach , his stuff was cutting edge at Oregon but after everyone else started running it and got used to it he never really adapted and changed ……some decent years at UCLA to go along with some not so decent years

I don’t think he ever really like recruiting and now that you have to re-recruit much of your team every year he probably just said F it
                                      Don't blame him....It's a younger man's game now.

Comment

Got out while the gittin' was good... never had the cache after the Oregon gig...

Comment

Working...
                                        X