Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ya'll want to know when Nico will take over for Joe?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Ya'll want to know when Nico will take over for Joe?

    I don't know IF Nico takes over for Joe this year (I believe he will, but no promises). If he does, he'll be in there ONLY when Cooper Mays comes back to play, and not a minute before. Heupel isn't a dumb ass...he won't take the chance of Nico getting the shit kicked out of him until the quarterback of our offensive line comes back. Will he get in some against UTSA and shit teams like that? Yes...but he'll see no serious action until Cooper returns.
    It's TIME. The Vols are back.




    #2
    I agree 100% and have been saying as much in several posts. The Oline is a mess but once Mays gets back, he will be able to make everyone better and less resposibilty on the QB.

    Comment


      #3
      Mays coming back should make Milton better. Bless this centers heart....but he's awful.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Tnphil View Post
        Mays coming back should make Milton better. Bless this centers heart....but he's awful.
        Basilio said they had to beg Ollie Lane to come back this year because he had already graduated and was ready to move on. I banged on him a lot, but Basilio said imagine what would have been if he didn't return.

        We lose 4 OL this year and next years line appears to be a fuck of cluster proportions. We need to pay these prices and pay some more for proven OL in the TransPort, evaluation and KBB value be damned. It's non-negotiable.


        Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        YOUR 2021 AND 2023 Picking Match Champion.

        https://www.wwe.com/f/styles/gallery..._BIB_Props.jpg

        Tammy, get me some hash-browns... GFYWD.

        It ain't nothing to me to whoop a man's ass.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Bill Morgan View Post

          Basilio said they had to beg Ollie Lane to come back this year because he had already graduated and was ready to move on. I banged on him a lot, but Basilio said imagine what would have been if he didn't return.

          We lose 4 OL this year and next years line appears to be a fuck of cluster proportions. We need to pay these prices and pay some more for proven OL in the TransPort, evaluation and KBB value be damned. It's non-negotiable.


          Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Yep....Use the NIL for some big uglies that's worth a damn....We as in the staff has missed the boat on getting some portal help.

          Comment


            #6
            OL is the worst possible position to have to play catch up , a line of transfers will have zero continuity and take a half season to gel not to mention coming from various S&C philosophies. And if I had to guess the good OL guys probably don’t portal nearly as much as the prima dona skill guys …..it’s not good

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by awinatl View Post
              OL is the worst possible position to have to play catch up , a line of transfers will have zero continuity and take a half season to gel not to mention coming from various S&C philosophies. And if I had to guess the good OL guys probably don't portal nearly as much as the prima dona skill guys …..it's not good
              Yep, our shit sandwich is losing bread. We need to get some all conference OL from C-USA and Sunbelt. Ellarbee will have to coach them up quickly, but we have to have experience.


              Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              YOUR 2021 AND 2023 Picking Match Champion.

              https://www.wwe.com/f/styles/gallery..._BIB_Props.jpg

              Tammy, get me some hash-browns... GFYWD.

              It ain't nothing to me to whoop a man's ass.

              Comment


                #8
                One or two transfers would help up front. Don't Need a whole line of them. And of course having some of our better ones actually play would damn help.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Tnphil View Post
                  One or two transfers would help up front. Don't Need a whole line of them. And of course having some of our better ones actually play would damn help.
                  we need 6 or 8 minimum. You see the future with this current line. One thing ShitPruit did right- he bigged up the Oline

                  Comment


                    #10
                    How are Andrej Karic and Addison Nichols worse than 2 walk-ons?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      When you have a under performing QB, the oline always gets a lions share of the blame. When a better QB is inserted, everyone is sure to credit the improved play of the oline. Happens every damn time.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Carl Pickens View Post
                        How are Andrej Karic and Addison Nichols worse than 2 walk-ons?
                        According to Basilio either Friday or on the postgame, most if not all the staff wanted to pass on Karic but the OLine coach wanted him and got him and he hasn't at all panned out.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Well….fahr his ass too

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Volicious View Post

                            According to Basilio either Friday or on the postgame, most if not all the staff wanted to pass on Karic but the OLine coach wanted him and got him and he hasn't at all panned out.
                            Seems he did pretty damn well in his time at Tejas so im not sure why he comes here and sucks worse than what we have already

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Volicious View Post

                              According to Basilio either Friday or on the postgame, most if not all the staff wanted to pass on Karic but the OLine coach wanted him and got him and he hasn't at all panned out.
                              I heard that as well (I think it was the post game show)…yet Karic is starting. Yeesh. What a mess.


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X