Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cardinals and Braves fans comment please...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Cardinals and Braves fans comment please...

    As Cards fans know, Dan McLaughlin will not do play-by-play this year due to multiple DUIs. It was announced today that Chip Caray will take Danny's place and do the play-by-play for Cardinals Television.
    It's TIME. The Vols are back.




    #2
    I'm blown away, I never even thought about Chip as a possible replacement. The Cardinals replacing a great one with great one. I have long enjoyed Chip's work, I'm ecstatic to have him on Bally's broadcasts. Skip Carey was one of the very best ever, the TBS crew in the 70's and 80's was as good as baseball broadcasting got, in this case, the apple did not far from the tree at all.
    "If people in the media cannot decide whether they are in the business of reporting news or manufacturing propaganda, it is all the more important that the public understand that difference, and choose their news sources accordingly.?"
    -Thomas Sowell

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Mallon Faircloth View Post
      As Cards fans know, Dan McLaughlin will not do play-by-play this year due to multiple DUIs. It was announced today that Chip Caray will take Danny's place and do the play-by-play for Cardinals Television.
      If they can replace him with someone young and willing to learn and evolve I’m happy. Chip is ok, but good lord he’s so old school and refuses to learn any better. Has no feel or care for analytics and puts foot in mouth at least once every game.

      Comment


        #4
        I'm fine with it. Welcome aboard.

        Comment


          #5
          I'm happy about it. Every game I see him on, I'll think of my formative years listening to Harry Caray and Jack Buck on KMOX. 1964 is still my favorite World Series of my lifetime.

          Comment


            #6
            Oh Danny boy, so long, usually muted you on the TV broadcasts.

            Comment


              #7
              Wagee, is that really you? Where you been? Are you trying to slip back in here without it being obvious and noticeable?

              Comment


                #8
                Chip was tired of working past Halloween. No threat of working much past Labor Day now.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Chip was ok, not as good as Skip. Neither was as good as my favorite Braves announcer all time, the great Milo Hamilton.
                  Self appointed number 1 Vol Fan

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by wagee12 View Post
                    Oh Danny boy, so long, usually muted you on the TV broadcasts.
                    Holy Moly! Warner! Good to hear from you. Hope you are doing well.

                    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by RynoVol View Post
                      Chip was tired of working past Halloween. No threat of working much past Labor Day now.
                      Triggered

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by RynoVol View Post
                        Chip was tired of working past Halloween. No threat of working much past Labor Day now.
                        If working late in year is a problem, that concern me, makes me question his intelligence. He probably should have went back to the cubs.



                        Sent from my SM-A125U using Tapatalk

                        "If people in the media cannot decide whether they are in the business of reporting news or manufacturing propaganda, it is all the more important that the public understand that difference, and choose their news sources accordingly.?"
                        -Thomas Sowell

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by FLAVOLS View Post

                          Triggered
                          Got 'eem!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Harry Vols View Post
                            If working late in year is a problem, that concern me, makes me question his intelligence. He probably should have went back to the cubs.



                            Sent from my SM-A125U using Tapatalk
                            I got a live one here!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Meh.

                              Never been a big fan of Chip.

                              Tom Hart would be good in that seat.

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Chip is pretty good but damn if he didn’t make every routine fly ball to left sound like a dinger

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Ingram and Hart high on the list

                                  https://tomahawktake.com/2023/01/24/...th-candidates/

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Originally posted by awinatl View Post
                                    Chip is pretty good but damn if he didn’t make every routine fly ball to left sound like a dinger
                                    There's a drive! Way back! Way Back! And the shortstop catches the ball 10 feet in the outfield grass, inning over.
                                    -Harry Carey every game he did on WGN

                                    Chip learned at the feet on the master.
                                    "If people in the media cannot decide whether they are in the business of reporting news or manufacturing propaganda, it is all the more important that the public understand that difference, and choose their news sources accordingly.?"
                                    -Thomas Sowell

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Harry Carey would make a foul ball dramatic.

                                      Comment

                                      Working...
                                      X