Most embarrassing and devastating losses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Del Griffith View Post
    Doug, I'm afraid your personality is showing and it's not great. Who wants to be so negative about everything?
    Telling the truth is not being negative. I would love for one of our teams to have a Peerlees Price or Al Wilson and actually meet or even exceed mid season expectations for a change. JMHO

Comment

Originally posted by autumnleafvol View Post

Telling the truth is not being negative. I would love for one of our teams to have a Peerlees Price or Al Wilson and actually meet or even exceed mid season expectations for a change. JMHO
      Did 8-0 not exceed your mid season expectations? I believe it was better than what you had at the beginning of the year when you do your season prognostications.
      Elvis said find em young and Fred said old fashion girls are fun

Comment

Originally posted by ZippyVol View Post

1993 Arkansas should be on the devastating list. I'd put it ahead of Ole Miss, because I'm not older than dirt (we are just the same age) and I dont remember it.

I only have one other thing to say after reading your list. Fuck off, Greg Burke.
        1993? Vols won that one against Hogs 28-14. That one had the famous "I hope he tears up a knee out there" comment by HC Danny Ford caught on a hot mic during the tv broadcast. This was said as Heath Shuler was running out the clock on a Vols victory.
        ​​​​

Comment

I can't recall the year, but I remember my uncle taking me to a Vols game vs Rutgers and we lost. It sticks out in my memory cause I had never seen Uncle so mad about anything, for so long. Cussed all the way back to Chattanooga. Maybe not the worst, but bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironvol View Post

1993? Vols won that one against Hogs 28-14. That one had the famous "I hope he tears up a knee out there" comment by HC Danny Ford caught on a hot mic during the tv broadcast. This was said as Heath Shuler was running out the clock on a Vols victory.
            ​​​​
            1999 i meant, the one that likely kept us out of the FSU rematch

Comment

Originally posted by East Lake Vol View Post
              I can't recall the year, but I remember my uncle taking me to a Vols game vs Rutgers and we lost. It sticks out in my memory cause I had never seen Uncle so mad about anything, for so long. Cussed all the way back to Chattanooga. Maybe not the worst, but bad.

Comment

Originally posted by autumnleafvol View Post

yep

https://stassen.com/cgi-bin/records/...&team2=Rutgers

Comment

Working...
                X