Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New buildings on UT campus & planned buildings....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New buildings on UT campus & planned buildings....

Looks like quite a bit of new construction. Several have "green" roofs and they are redesigning areas as parks to act as stormwater retention basins, with water features.

Seems they are going for a more environmentally friendly campus. But I can't see that they are doing much about renewable energy generation and that's missing a real opportunity to save money.

https://www.wate.com/news/education/...mo-link-block2
    Why can't we all just get along?

Renewable energy? Like rechargeable batteries? Turn the ag campus into a solar farm. We dont need dairy or beef. We got almonds and bugs.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

More expensive and less reliable energy is not a good decision at all. Give it a rest, poley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And I thought this was the sports forum on OM...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

It's TIME. The Vols are back.

Comment

Climate is now a new means of political control; therefore, I vote this thread be locked.
          :-)

Comment

Originally posted by RewindVOL View Post
            More expensive and less reliable energy is not a good decision at all. Give it a rest, poley.
            Renewables are cheaper and very reliable.

It's your disinformation that needs a rest.

I only mentioned renewables because of the obvious emphasis by UT on "green" construction. Putting a green roof on a building is a step in the right direction, but if you are heating and cooling it with fossil fuels, it's just pissin' in the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by rocketcityvol View Post
              Climate is now a new means of political control; therefore, I vote this thread be locked.
              :-)
              Complete nonsense.

It's a thread about all the new buildings on UT's campus. It was highjacked by anti-clean energy zealots. Just delete their posts and we can continue on.

Comment

We really should build smokey grey buildings, screw this green crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Polemicvol View Post

Renewables are cheaper and very reliable.

It's your disinformation that needs a rest.

I only mentioned renewables because of the obvious emphasis by UT on "green" construction. Putting a green roof on a building is a step in the right direction, but if you are heating and cooling it with fossil fuels, it's just pissin' in the wind.
                  Laughable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Damn shame that the mods don’t treat this as a political post like they would if the shoe were on the other foot.

Comment

Good to see you Volvulus! Update...my in-laws that moved from Fort Lauderdale FL 6 years ago to Sharon, TN....moved to Dallas TX back in Feb. I still can't figure that shit out.

Comment

Originally posted by Volvulus View Post
                          Damn shame that the mods don't treat this as a political post like they would if the shoe were on the other foot.
                          Good to see you Volvulus…hope you and family are well.

Comment

So...posts that are (supposedly) about renewable energy, and which contain dog whistle nomenclature like green initiatives are not political when posted by the Pole Smoker?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

It's TIME. The Vols are back.

Comment

Lol. I thought y’all wanted less moderation.
                              Elvis said find em young and Fred said old fashion girls are fun

Comment

Working...
                              X