I worry that FLA’s defense will rise up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I worry that FLA’s defense will rise up

I remember when Denver was favored over Seattle. Sorry, I still have battered fan syndrome. Please send thoughts and prayers.

Of course they will. When has UF played like total shit against us since '92? 3 times, maybe? All this bluster is simply stupid and makes UT fans look delusional. As usual.

Comment

I don't think they will rise up, I think they will employ the Ole Piss fainting goats defense and flop. Their LB says they have a plan to slow down Hooker. Wouldn't be surprised if they resort to that.

https://fanrecap.com/amari-burney-fl...596132c1901a1#

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jeff1vol View Post
        Of course they will. When has UF played like total shit against us since '92? 3 times, maybe? All this bluster is simply stupid and makes UT fans look delusional. As usual.
        It does seem regardless of how they do the rest of the season, we somehow always manage to get their best or one of their best performances - some of that's them, some of its been us.

Before you respond:
        JMHO
        YMMV
        Before you respond please note the following:
        JMHO
        YMMV

Comment

Originally posted by tnjimbob View Post
          I don't think they will rise up, I think they will employ the Ole Piss fainting goats defense and flop. Their LB says they have a plan to slow down Hooker. Wouldn't be surprised if they resort to that.

Saw that too, and thought the same. He can't say too much about it because then it would be even more obvious than it already is when teams do it.

The NCAA and the leagues really blew it by not addressing it.

Before you respond:
          JMHO
          YMMV
          JMHO
          YMMV

Comment

Originally posted by NGage View Post

Saw that too, and thought the same. He can't say too much about it because then it would be even more obvious than it already is when teams do it.

The NCAA and the leagues really blew it by not addressing it.

Before you respond:
            JMHO
            YMMV
            When this game goes 6 hours maybe something will be done.

Comment

If they start that shit our D should do it every play.

Comment

Originally posted by sgvolfan View Post
                Fight fire with fire?
                I like it SG!
                "Democrats hate democracy, like the devil hates holy water."
                -Tucker Carlson

Opinion has caused more trouble on this little earth than plagues or earthquakes.
                -Voltaire

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.

Comment

Originally posted by tnjimbob View Post

You're probably 100% correct. Why wouldn't you if you're UF? The fucking NCAA isn't going to do a thing about it. Get your mustard bottles ready, boys and girls!!!

Comment

You only want Burrell to do it!

Comment

This is the first SEC game for the Vols this season. And the second SEC game for Florida, who is 0-1 after losing to Kentucky. Both teams will be fired up and play hard, UF can't win the SEC if they lose to us and we've got to prove we can beat those assholes to climb up in the SEC.

I expect a typical hard hitting UF-UT game and for it to be close at the end.

We've got to be able to run the ball on them to win. I think we can do that, they have really struggled against the run this year. Then when they move up to stop the run, we'll toss the ball over their heads. Hypeball.

Why can't we all just get along?

Comment

They have had trouble stopping the run this year. If we can get our running game going I think we will have a good day. They may be without their best defensive player Ventrell Miller who is the QB of their defense.

Comment

Wasn't there a stat at some point that said whichever team runs for more yards has historically won the game an overwhelming amount of the time, regarding the UT vs UF game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heupel and Hooker are going to light them up early and often. And even if they do come out with their hair on fire they'll be gassed in the second half. The Florida beat writer who covers them was on TB's show and said their front line guys are solid but when you get into their backups there's not much SEC quality there.

Comment

Originally posted by RewindVOL View Post
                              Wasn't there a stat at some point that said whichever team runs for more yards has historically won the game an overwhelming amount of the time, regarding the UT vs UF game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Yep...

Comment

Originally posted by RewindVOL View Post
                                Every year except the “Gafney catch” game.

Comment

Guys on Volquest have talked a lot about how Florida has a good secondary but their front seven isn’t that good. We should be able to have some success running the ball on them.

Comment

Originally posted by EastsideVol View Post
                                    Guys on Volquest have talked a lot about how Florida has a good secondary but their front seven isn't that good. We should be able to have some success running the ball on them.
                                    I would LOVE to see the freshman from LA have a massive breakout game!!!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Agreed. Force the issue, and get the advantage of some stolen rest.

Before you respond:
                                      JMHO
                                      YMMV
                                      JMHO
                                      YMMV

Comment

Originally posted by jeff1vol View Post
                                        I would LOVE to see the freshman from LA have a massive breakout game!!!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                                        Thought he looked great against Akron. With Small and his shoulder issues I think Sampson is going to play a lot against Florida. He definitely has the speed to put up some big numbers on Saturday. We need the OL to open some holes for him. Our OL has been good at pass blocking but their run blocking needs improvement.

Comment

Working...
                                        X