• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited quantities available; Limit 4 per customer

https://twitter.com/UTVolShop/status...5Es1_&ref_url=

Thought this was gonna be
    a thread about “Phil's homemade baby formula — while supplies last”

Seriously, with the baby formula/food shortage…how hard is it to strain carrots or squish peas? What did they do back before Gerber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by egbert View Post

Seriously, with the baby formula/food shortage…how hard is it to strain carrots or squish peas? What did they do back before Gerber?

It's formula that's causing issues, not strained peas.

If you have to have a certain kind of formula due to allergies then it's even more difficult in a lot of places.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      YOUR 2021 Picking Match champion.

https://www.wwe.com/f/styles/gallery..._BIB_Props.jpg

Tammy, get me some hash-browns.

It ain't nothing to me to whoop a man's ass.

Comment

I guess I just got cow's milk? I don't think they had formula when I was born (1957). The pea squishing came along later......

Comment

Yeah, it was bad enough paying over $50 for that little slab of aluminum much less $150.

Comment

Originally posted by RynoVol View Post
            Yeah, it was bad enough paying over $50 for that little slab of aluminum much less $150.
            That $150 doesn't count the $100k you must donate to the UTAD to have a chance to buy the seat.

But you get a parking pass.
            Why can't we all just get along?

Comment

Originally posted by Polemicvol View Post

That $150 doesn't count the $100k you must donate to the UTAD to have a chance to buy the seat.

But you get a parking pass.
              At the Ag campus. Anything closer costs you money too.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

That won't fit me. I need something bigger. Got a size with a bunch of "XXXXXXXX's" in front of it?
                It's TIME. The Vols are back.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Morgan View Post

It's formula that's causing issues, not strained peas.

If you have to have a certain kind of formula due to allergies then it's even more difficult in a lot of places.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  Our son was on Similac but when he had an upset tummy it was Alimentum (sp?). We would buy the powder and save a 2 liter coke or juice bottle, wash and sanitize it, and mix it up in that to have a few days' worth.

Are all of the versions (powder, concentrate) hard to find or just the ready-to-feed?

Comment

Originally posted by Orangebutt View Post

I guess I just got cow's milk? I don't think they had formula when I was born (1957). The pea squishing came along later......
                    I was a 1966er and was on Enfamil. Or so I've been told…

Comment

Just do like my youngest son…..born in early October and ate thanksgiving with us lol.

Not exactly but he got to smack on a turkey leg bone and had a bite or two of mashed taters. He was the exception though. By that age we were already having to put a dab of rice cereal in his formula just to satisfy his hunger. If not he had to take so much much milk his stomach couldn't handle it. By the time he was 6-8 months formula was useless as a meal lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our son was on Similac but when he had an upset tummy it was Alimentum (sp?). We would buy the powder and save a 2 liter coke or juice bottle, wash and sanitize it, and mix it up in that to have a few days' worth.

Are all of the versions (powder, concentrate) hard to find or just the ready-to-feed?
                        I think all baby formula is in short supply, but particularly the specialty ones for kids with extra medical needs.

Abbott Laboratories has a huge formula factory that got shut down a few months ago because of sanitary issues. It's still shut down as they are rebuilding stuff to meet health standards.

I think this was a major factor in the shortage.

Why can't we all just get along?

Comment

Originally posted by InspectorVol View Post
                          Just do like my youngest son…..born in early October and ate thanksgiving with us lol.

Not exactly but he got to smack on a turkey leg bone and had a bite or two of mashed taters. He was the exception though. By that age we were already having to put a dab of rice cereal in his formula just to satisfy his hunger. If not he had to take so much much milk his stomach couldn't handle it. By the time he was 6-8 months formula was useless as a meal lol.

Back in the mid-70s my son was born and at that time it was taboo to give them anything other than mothers milk or formula the 1st 6 months.....He would wake up every 2 hours or less screaming for food....We had a friend where we lived that was in her late 60s back then and she was a retired RN. She told us to mix baby cereal in his bottle real fine and cut the nipple a little bigger....We did. Gave him a feeding about 10:30 at night and he'd sleep all night.

When she told us that we told her that the Dr told us no solids for 6 months.....She said....You tell the SOB to come over 4 times a night and feed him and I bet his tune changes. We never told him what we had done.

Comment

Our daughter would not drink Similac. Had to be Isomil. Wife couldn’t figure out why until she tasted both. Isomil was sweeter.
                            Then she wouldn’t eat baby food. She would point at our plate. Doc told us just to make baby food out of what we ate. So we go to eat and shredded hers up into tiny tiny pieces she could gum.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnphil View Post

Back in the mid-70s my son was born and at that time it was taboo to give them anything other than mothers milk or formula the 1st 6 months.....He would wake up every 2 hours or less screaming for food....We had a friend where we lived that was in her late 60s back then and she was a retired RN. She told us to mix baby cereal in his bottle real fine and cut the nipple a little bigger....We did. Gave him a feeding about 10:30 at night and he'd sleep all night.

When she told us that we told her that the Dr told us no solids for 6 months.....She said....You tell the SOB to come over 4 times a night and feed him and I bet his tune changes. We never told him what we had done.
                              Lol that's a good one!

Comment

Back in our days, some had a blender (and blenders are a multistage take apart to clean, after every use.

Today there are immersion blenders (a blender on a stick) that could make the purees so, so, so much easier to use and faster to clean. Also for pureeing soups, correcting lumpy gravy, and hiding secret ingredients.

Comment

Originally posted by real turf fan View Post
                                  Back in our days, some had a blender (and blenders are a multistage take apart to clean, after every use.

Today there are immersion blenders (a blender on a stick) that could make the purees so, so, so much easier to use and faster to clean. Also for pureeing soups, correcting lumpy gravy, and hiding secret ingredients.
                                  Shhh. Don't give away all the secrets that an immersion blender can do! Mine makes lobster bisque as smooth as silk. Gravy too.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mallon Faircloth View Post
                                    That won't fit me. I need something bigger. Got a size with a bunch of "XXXXXXXX's" in front of it?
                                    The one in the picture is twice the size of a Neyland Stadium seat.. Makes me wonder what kinda scam they are pulling......
                                    If I wanted to commit suicide, I would climb Pruitt's ego and jump down to his IQ.

Comment

Working...
                                    X