Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Rich Strike won the Derby

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    How Rich Strike won the Derby

    Aerial view of the race. With Rich Strike and Epicenter labeled. When RS's jockey said, "The track just opened up" you'll see what he meant.

    https://twitter.com/i/status/1523104042427334660

    #2
    Thanks Turf…that's the view I wanted.

    Comment


      #3
      Unreal...Thanks

      Comment


        #4
        Just incredible. When he cleared the lap cars and got the inside line and hit the nitrous button it looked like the others were just out for a Sunday jog.

        Hope this horse wins the Triple Crown.

        To put into context for non-horse racing fans, this would be like sg winning the picking match championship.


        Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        YOUR 2021 Picking Match champion.

        https://www.wwe.com/f/styles/gallery..._BIB_Props.jpg

        Tammy, get me some hash-browns.

        It ain't nothing to me to whoop a man's ass.

        Comment


          #5


          Originally posted by Bill Morgan View Post
          Just incredible. When he cleared the lap cars and got the inside line and hit the nitrous button it looked like the others were just out for a Sunday jog.

          Hope this horse wins the Triple Crown.

          To put into context for non-horse racing fans, this would be like sg winning the picking match championship.


          Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Appreciate you dumbing it down for people like me and SG.

          Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

          Steal your face right off your head.

          Comment


            #6
            I tell you, I don’t get no respect….

            Comment


              #7
              The equine version of this. Yeah, it was Dale at Dega, but in 18th with 4 to go, his odds were probably pretty close to 80 to 1.

              https://youtu.be/F8XvwEyfH5c

              Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand
              Workin' in the dark against your fellow man
              But as sure as God made black and white
              What’s done in the dark will be brought to the light

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by VenomousVol View Post
                The equine version of this. Yeah, it was Dale at Dega, but in 18th with 4 to go, his odds were probably pretty close to 80 to 1.

                https://youtu.be/F8XvwEyfH5c
                Never liked Earnhardt.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by VenomousVol View Post
                  The equine version of this. Yeah, it was Dale at Dega, but in 18th with 4 to go, his odds were probably pretty close to 80 to 1.

                  https://youtu.be/F8XvwEyfH5c
                  Was there on the beginning of the front stretch. It was amazing.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by rocketcityvol View Post

                    Never liked Earnhardt.
                    Rich Strike appears to be an asshole too, like Earnhardt.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by egbert View Post

                      Rich Strike appears to be an asshole too, like Earnhardt.

                      Yep, he bit the shit out of the post race cool down guide horse. Repeatedly. I've never seen a horse that aggressive after a race like that, it was like he was hyped up on drugs.

                      The field just parted like the Red Sea for Moses to let him run to victory. It was as great a horse race as I've ever seen. What I found funny as a non-horse racing person, was he was the last horse to load into the starting gate and the TV announcer said, "a late entry into the field, odds are 80-1, he's got no chance of winning this race".

                      Two minutes later, he won the damn thing going away.

                      Why can't we all just get along?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Polemicvol View Post

                        Yep, he bit the shit out of the post race cool down guide horse. Repeatedly. I've never seen a horse that aggressive after a race like that, it was like he was hyped up on drugs.

                        The field just parted like the Red Sea for Moses to let him run to victory. It was as great a horse race as I've ever seen. What I found funny as a non-horse racing person, was he was the last horse to load into the starting gate and the TV announcer said, "a late entry into the field, odds are 80-1, he's got no chance of winning this race".

                        Two minutes later, he won the damn thing going away.
                        Saw an article with pics where the horse was punched in the head/face after the race because of that.

                        Edited to add video. Looks to me like the outrider causes most of the issues.

                        https://youtu.be/vCWMrBkS8hM

                        Before you respond:
                        JMHO
                        YMMV
                        Last edited by NGage; May 10, 2022, 12:17 PM.
                        Before you respond please note the following:
                        JMHO
                        YMMV

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I've been around horses all my life....My wife had 13 horses at one time back in our early days together. Neither of us has seen one that high strung and trying to bite as much as RS was. I've had horses turn their head around and bite at my feet...I just give them a little kick and they stop and go on...I thought RS was gonna eat that lead horse if given the chance.
                          Last edited by Tnphil; May 10, 2022, 12:34 PM.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by NGage View Post

                            Saw an article with pics where the horse was punched in the head/face after the race because of that.

                            Edited to add video. Looks to me like the outrider causes most of the issues.



                            Before you respond:
                            JMHO
                            YMMV
                            https://gfycat.com/firstbitesizedhawaiianmonkseal


                            Dang it…somebody please fix this gif!


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by NGage View Post

                              Saw an article with pics where the horse was punched in the head/face after the race because of that.

                              Edited to add video. Looks to me like the outrider causes most of the issues.

                              https://youtu.be/vCWMrBkS8hM

                              Before you respond:
                              JMHO
                              YMMV
                              I wish RS had bitten that fat ass rider in the ass.

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Originally posted by egbert View Post

                                Rich Strike appears to be an asshole too, like Earnhardt.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                He might have what it takes to win the Triple Crown then.
                                Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand
                                Workin' in the dark against your fellow man
                                But as sure as God made black and white
                                What’s done in the dark will be brought to the light

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  We had 2 Morgan workhorses on the farm when I was young. I was probably about 6 and claimed them as mine. One day my grandfather was hooking them up to plow and one of them bit him.. clamped down on his left arm. Papaw pulled that claw hammer he had in the hammer loop of his Big Mac overalls and whacked the sumbitch between the eyes. Laid his ass out. Came in, ate dinner. According to grandma, I was mad because I accused him of killing one of ‘my’ horses. After dinner the horse was back up on his feet. And they plowed.

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Originally posted by sgvolfan View Post
                                    We had 2 Morgan workhorses on the farm when I was young. I was probably about 6 and claimed them as mine. One day my grandfather was hooking them up to plow and one of them bit him.. clamped down on his left arm. Papaw pulled that claw hammer he had in the hammer loop of his Big Mac overalls and whacked the sumbitch between the eyes. Laid his ass out. Came in, ate dinner. According to grandma, I was mad because I accused him of killing one of 'my' horses. After dinner the horse was back up on his feet. And they plowed.
                                    Morgan's are damn sure thoroughbred workhorses.


                                    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                    YOUR 2021 Picking Match champion.

                                    https://www.wwe.com/f/styles/gallery..._BIB_Props.jpg

                                    Tammy, get me some hash-browns.

                                    It ain't nothing to me to whoop a man's ass.

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by Bill Morgan View Post

                                      Morgan's are damn sure thoroughbred workhorses.


                                      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                      Ramblings…
                                      Stepfather had a less than 2 year old Percheron when my daughter was about 7. Sumbitch weighed 1800lbs. And his feet were the size of big dinner plates. Followed my daughter around the fenceline like a puppy cause he liked the sugar cubes she fed him and her saddlebred. We didn't allow her in the field with him cause we were afraid he would step on her. Stepfather was a horse trader, never knew what he would drag in. He had two Belgians he raised from little guys. They were gorgeous. We would go to the sale on Wednesday night at Kingsport stockyard. One night he bought an Appaloosa mule. We had 4 Paint stallions at one time. They were all really pretty but high strung, and a handful to ride. Had wagons and an Amish buggy. Used a standardbred ex cart racer to pull it with. Had a tattoo on his lip. (The horse, not the stepfather)

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Skipping the Preakness.

                                        I would have watched to see if we could get a triple crown, but I'll skip it now.


                                        Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                        YOUR 2021 Picking Match champion.

                                        https://www.wwe.com/f/styles/gallery..._BIB_Props.jpg

                                        Tammy, get me some hash-browns.

                                        It ain't nothing to me to whoop a man's ass.

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X