You never know what Basilio might say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You never know what Basilio might say

I think one of the things I like about Tony is that no one knows what he might say next. He was talking about how he and some folks went on basketball road trips to watch the Pearl Vols. He said riding in close quarters with some of those guys was interesting since some had not showered in a couple of days and they were always pulling their shoes off. Leave nothing to be imagined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anybody else hear him tell that.

Comment

I turned him on Thursday to hear him and Adams, and heard nothing.... station or feed was out..... SMH...
      If I wanted to commit suicide, I would climb Pruitt's ego and jump down to his IQ.

Comment

Originally posted by ElConquistador View Post
        I turned him on Thursday to hear him and Adams, and heard nothing.... station or feed was out..... SMH...
        I think that was the station having issues. He was online and on the app Thursday. I normally don't even both to pull up the radio. I listen on the TuneIn Radio app most of the time.

And that Pearl Patrol trip to Georgia was magical. I didn't go on the bus, but I was in Atlanta on business that week and stayed and went to the game and sat with that crew. What a night that was. UT owned Athens that night.
        Pissin' in the wind, bettin' on a losing friend
        Makin' the same mistakes, we swore we'd never make again
        And we're pissin' in the wind, but it's blowing on all our friends
        We're gonna sit and grin and tell our grandchildren

Jerry Jeff Walker, RIP

I'm gonna live forever
        I'm gonna cross that river
        I'm gonna catch tomorrow now

Billy Joe Shaver, RIP

Comment

Originally posted by IncognitoDad View Post

I think that was the station having issues. He was online and on the app Thursday. I normally don't even both to pull up the radio. I listen on the TuneIn Radio app most of the time.

And that Pearl Patrol trip to Georgia was magical. I didn't go on the bus, but I was in Atlanta on business that week and stayed and went to the game and sat with that crew. What a night that was. UT owned Athens that night.
          Hope you weren't one of the ones with your shoes off

Comment

Originally posted by Boydog View Post

Hope you weren't one of the ones with your shoes off

I said in the post that I wasn't one of those on the bus.

Jerry Jeff Walker, RIP

I'm gonna live forever

Billy Joe Shaver, RIP

Comment

I said in the post that I wasn't one of those on the bus.
              How well connected is Tony in regards to info

Comment

How well connected is Tony in regards to info

Very. He's been in town longer than any other sports stalk radio host or TV guy, and most of the print media guys. He works backchannels better than any other media guy in town. Period. And that's why a lot of the other media people in town try to run him down so much. He outworks them.

Jerry Jeff Walker, RIP

I'm gonna live forever

Billy Joe Shaver, RIP

Comment

Very. He's been in town longer than any other sports stalk radio host or TV guy, and most of the print media guys. He works backchannels better than any other media guy in town. Period.
                  What do the folks that you know say is wrong with bb team.
                  What’s going on

Comment

What's going on

My inside sources say they suck.

It ain't nothing for me to whoop a man's ass...you might have heard of me.

IT'S A DAMN OIL FILTER, I bought it off of ye fair and square, you said it was a good 'un.

That's chickenshit just like you and ye damn business.

Comment

Very. He's been in town longer than any other sports stalk radio host or TV guy, and most of the print media guys. He works backchannels better than any other media guy in town. Period. And that's why a lot of the other media people in town try to run him down so much. He outworks them.
                      Wilkerson?

Comment

Originally posted by FLAVOLS View Post

Wilkerson?
                        Love John, and he is a friend. A guy I respect a ton.

But Tony was here and on the air before TW was. And the difference is that the guys inside the 990/99.1 building have access to UT that Tony and Russell W. Smith of Fox Sports Knoxville don't. Tony and Dubsy have a work behind the scenes to cultivate their inside the UTAD sources.

A lot of people don't like Tony, and that's fine. I've seen with my own eyes what he has to go through to survive. The powers that be at 990/99.1 have tried everything to get him off the air, including being less than honest with his sponsors about him, yet he has survived all of these years on his own terms, which is not being a sell out and having the ability to speak freely and honestly.

Jerry Jeff Walker, RIP

I'm gonna live forever

Billy Joe Shaver, RIP

Comment

What’s going on

Not hard to figure out. Soft, immature, waiting for somebody else to make a play.

Jerry Jeff Walker, RIP

I'm gonna live forever

Billy Joe Shaver, RIP

Comment

But Tony was here and on the air before TW was. And the difference is that the guys inside the 990/99.1 building have access to UT that Tony and Russell W. Smith of Fox Sports Knoxville don't. Tony and Dubsy have a work behind the scenes to cultivate their inside the UTAD sources.

A lot of people don't like Tony, and that's fine. I've seen with my own eyes what he has to go through to survive. The powers that be at 990/99.1 have tried everything to get him off the air, including being less than honest with his sponsors about him, yet he has survived all of these years on his own terms, which is not being a sell out and having the ability to speak freely and honestly.
                            Great post, and respect to you too.
                            If I wanted to commit suicide, I would climb Pruitt's ego and jump down to his IQ.

Comment

I was working the local streets every day back in the mid-nineties when Mike Keith and John Wilkerson were on and remember when Tony got on the radio. Tony and Mike were competing at the same time and remember switching back and forth back on those days. I remember listening to Mike and John before Tony but my memory is not what it used to be.
                              That was good radio back then.

Comment

I was working the local streets every day back in the mid-nineties when Mike Keith and John Wilkerson were on and remember when Tony got on the radio. Tony and Mike were competing at the same time and remember switching back and forth back on those days. I remember listening to Mike and John before Tony but my memory is not what it used to be.
                                That was good radio back then.
                                Brent Hubbs was on with Mike prior to JW coming in. Mike had started solo on AM 850 when it was a Dick Broadcasting property.

Tony was already on the air on AM 1040 when it's studio was located in The Fort, next to a veterinarian office a block or two from the world's fair site.

Jerry Jeff Walker, RIP

I'm gonna live forever

Billy Joe Shaver, RIP

Comment

I was working the local streets every day back in the mid-nineties…...
                                  Ay Gawd I knowed it. Ho.

Comment

Originally posted by sgvolfan View Post

Ay Gawd I knowed it. Ho.
                                    We wuz all thinking it, glad you said it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                    It ain't nothing for me to whoop a man's ass...you might have heard of me.

IT'S A DAMN OIL FILTER, I bought it off of ye fair and square, you said it was a good 'un.

That's chickenshit just like you and ye damn business.

Comment

Originally posted by sgvolfan View Post

Ay Gawd I knowed it. Ho.
                                      Innurestin'

Jerry Jeff Walker, RIP

I'm gonna live forever

Billy Joe Shaver, RIP

Comment

Brent Hubbs was on with Mike prior to JW coming in. Mike had started solo on AM 850 when it was a Dick Broadcasting property.

Tony was already on the air on AM 1040 when it's studio was located in The Fort, next to a veterinarian office a block or two from the world's fair site.
                                        I knew Tony was on 1040 but didn't know Hubbs started with Mike. Just thought he was a regular on his show. Good info.

Comment

Working...
                                        X