How loaded was Ohio State's roster....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How loaded was Ohio State's roster....

...that it kept Joe Burrow on the bench? I know the system has a lot to do with it...he probably didn't run it well enough for Urbie's system. Still.

Saw a segment on NFL playoffs this morning and some of his highlights this year and got me to thinking.

Originally posted by rocketcityvol View Post
    ...that it kept Joe Burrow on the bench? I know the system has a lot to do with it...he probably didn't run it well enough for Urbie's system. Still.

Saw a segment on NFL playoffs this morning and some of his highlights this year and got me to thinking.
    Burrow’s story is pretty hard to grasp as he wasn’t really all that good his first year at LSU

Comment

Originally posted by awinatl View Post

Burrow’s story is pretty hard to grasp as he wasn’t really all that good his first year at LSU
      I did read or see a segment that as a grad transfer who I think had graduated, he only had to take one or two classes, so he laser focused on film study and working with the receivers in the off season. Worked on conditioning. And of course, had a good OC to work with too. Some folks are late bloomers.

Comment

Originally posted by rocketcityvol View Post

I did read or see a segment that as a grad transfer who I think had graduated, he only had to take one or two classes, so he laser focused on film study and working with the receivers in the off season. Worked on conditioning. And of course, had a good OC to work with too. Some folks are late bloomers.
        Yes. Some are late bloomers. My wife said she was still waiting on me.

Comment

Originally posted by John Lee Pettimore View Post

Yes. Some are late bloomers. My wife said she was still waiting on me.
          I'm looking at Harlan Sanders, Grandma Moses, or Frank McCourt for inspiration.

Comment

Kenny Pickett is a good example of that this year, middling NFL prospect that took off after he could focus on football only.

Comment

Originally posted by awinatl View Post

The HC and OC at LSU actually asked him what play calls were the best for him. Which plays did he feel most comfortable. Started getting better at the end of his 1st season and showed what a stud he was.

Jameson Williams could barely get on the field at OSU and he was a 1st rounder before the injury at Bammer. OSU HC fired several of his staff. Maybe it ain't them.

Comment

Working...
              X