Matt Corral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt Corral

Regardless of what you think of Pitt as a team, you will have to admit that their QB Kenny Pickett is a good one. Matt Corral sucks up all the attention from the national sports media but their styles are very similar.
    Who is better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt Corral may wind up being the 1st QB taken in the draft. Pickett is a 3-4th round prospect at best.

Comment

Originally posted by nasavol View Post
      Matt Corral may wind up being the 1st QB taken in the draft. Pickett is a 3-4th round prospect at best.
      ESPN rates Pickett first with a 90.02 rating with Corral second at 89.9.

Comment

Originally posted by Boydog View Post

ESPN rates Pickett first with a 90.02 rating with Corral second at 89.9.

Pickett is getting ready to go thru the meat of his schedule, coming into this year he was a day 3 pick, he will move up, but Corral is the far better prospect.

Comment

Pickett is getting ready to go thru the meat of his schedule, coming into this year he was a day 3 pick, he will move up, but Corral is the far better prospect.
          https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....the-2022-draft

Comment

I don’t doubt they have him rated high, if you didn’t want an opinion, why did you ask the question?

We will see in May I suppose.

Comment

To rate Pickett a third or fourth round pick?

Comment

Pickett’s NFL Draft scouting report overview

Pickett’s relative lack of progression in college has diluted his stock somewhat. Nonetheless, the Pitt QB has undeniable potential. If he reaches his ceiling, Pickett could be a potential starter in the NFL. He’s a good athlete with a great arm, generates exceptional velocity both in structure and off-platform, and his competitive toughness can be contagious.

For Pickett, toning down his volatility will be key. The Pitt QB’s mental execution is still a work in progress, and he’ll need to be more consistently accurate. He can better utilize his eyes, and at times, his decision-making is somewhat reckless. Even so, Pickett has the physical traits to test the boundaries.

As of now, Pickett — who’ll be a 24-year-old rookie — is a solid developmental Day 3 pick, with the toughness and mechanical polish to be a valuable backup. But if he shows development in 2021, he has the upside to move up the board.

This article, written 6 weeks ago, has him at a 5-6th round pick…
                He's always had the talent to break out. Can Pitt QB Kenny Pickett boost his NFL Draft scouting report with a strong 2021 season?

Comment

The same publication has a mock draft up that was put out Oct 2nd that doesn’t have Pickett in the first 3 rounds. They have Malik Willis going #1 overall, with Corral at #9. At this point, it’s just a guess, in my opinion, Corral is the far better prospect, has played against better competition and is 3 years younger.

Comment

Corral is legit.
                    Elvis said find em young and Fred said old fashion girls are fun

Comment

Reckon if Peyton texts Golden Corral?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      It ain't nothing for me to whoop a man's ass...you might have heard of me.

IT'S A DAMN OIL FILTER, I bought it off of ye fair and square, you said it was a good 'un.

That's chickenshit just like you and ye damn business.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Morgan View Post
                        Reckon if Peyton texts Golden Corral?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        The trough

Comment

Originally posted by clintonaldo View Post
                          Corral is legit.
                          And this is why I will not bet this game. When 2 teams are fairly equal, take the team with the better QB, and HC. The HC is actually closer than what a lot of people think, JH, may very well be a better coach, he just isn’t the recruiter that Kiffin is. Corral is absolutely better than Hooker, throws the prettiest deep ball in the nation. It looks like he has corrected his penchant for throwing the occasional interception too. He is good, NFL first round good.

Comment

And this is why I will not bet this game. When 2 teams are fairly equal, take the team with the better QB, and HC. The HC is actually closer than what a lot of people think, JH, may very well be a better coach, he just isn’t the recruiter that Kiffin is. Corral is absolutely better than Hooker, throws the prettiest deep ball in the nation. It looks like he has corrected his penchant for throwing the occasional interception too. He is good, NFL first round good.
                            I would take it a step more and say he is a franchise QB. He doesn’t make the mistakes he did last year. Ole Miss is a better team at the moment but maybe Josh has something for him. I ain’t going to get upset as long as the effort is there. It feels good to enjoy and get nervous about football again.
                            Elvis said find em young and Fred said old fashion girls are fun

Comment

Originally posted by clintonaldo View Post

I would take it a step more and say he is a franchise QB. He doesn’t make the mistakes he did last year. Ole Miss is a better team at the moment but maybe Josh has something for him. I ain’t going to get upset as long as the effort is there. It feels good to enjoy and get nervous about football again.
                              I think the team that plays better defensively wins.

Comment

Now to BD’s point (you gotta do something about that name), Pickett is climbing up the boards, one thing that really hurts him is his age, he will be 24 by the time he is drafted. He looks like he might need to sit and develop for a couple of years, as opposed to someone like Corral, or Sam Howell, or Ridder who will likely start from day 1.

Comment

Now to BD’s point (you gotta do something about that name), Pickett is climbing up the boards, one thing that really hurts him is his age, he will be 24 by the time he is drafted. He looks like he might need to sit and develop for a couple of years, as opposed to someone like Corral, or Sam Howell, or Ridder who will likely start from day 1.
                                  Ole Miss is really hard to figure out. They only scored two more points against Austin Peay than Arky. Right now Corral is the difference between us and them. If we can keep some pressure on him we win.

Comment

If he’s so great why didn’t they score more than 3 TDs versus - which is definitely down this year on defense?

Comment

Hard to believe OM is ranked 13th

Comment

Originally posted by FLAVOLS View Post
                                        If he’s so great why didn’t they score more than 3 TDs versus - which is definitely down this year on defense?
                                        Did you watch that game? Kiffin called probably the worst game he ever has since he has been at Ole Miss. Was way too aggressive early in the game, going foot it on 4th down in his own territory, etc. Too many wide side passes that AL just flat ran down. Just a bad game plan.

Comment

Working...
                                        X