A new take on this Gruden fallout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasavol View Post

I don’t think he is racist, homophobic maybe, but even that is a stretch. You are forgetting he has an openly gay player on his team, Carl Nassib. But, the optics of it is horrible, but, I don’t believe for one minute he is the only HC who has used that type language. Like I said, he got fired because he is an idiot.
    There are a ton of silent racists. They are quiet about it, until exposed like Gruden, when his private conversations were made public.

Racists routinely use dehumanizing language about the targets of their racism. "Monkey Face" and "lips like Michelin tires" are both dehumanizing comments that racists use.

It's like what Maya Angelou said, "when someone tells you who they are, believe them". Mr. Gruden told us he's a racist with his racist language in those emails.

Why can't we all just get along?

Comment

Originally posted by Polemicvol View Post

There are a ton of silent racists. They are quiet about it, until exposed like Gruden, when his private conversations were made public.

Racists routinely use dehumanizing language about the targets of their racism. "Monkey Face" and "lips like Michelin tires" are both dehumanizing comments that racists use.

It's like what Maya Angelou said, "when someone tells you who they are, believe them". Mr. Gruden told us he's a racist with his racist language in those emails.
      No way he is as successful in a minority dominated league by being a racist. If he was truly as bad as you think, and as many Black people that he has worked around, it would have come out long before now. This guy made 2 comments that they found, 2. I don’t think that makes him a racist, it’s not like he was in the KKK and went to Congress or something.

You ever drop the hard “r”? Would that then make you a racist?

Comment

No way he is as successful in a minority dominated league by being a racist. If he was truly as bad as you think, and as many Black people that he has worked around, it would have come out long before now. This guy made 2 comments that they found, 2. I don’t think that makes him a racist, it’s not like he was in the KKK and went to Congress or something.

You ever drop the hard “r”? Would that then make you a racist?
        I agree that I don’t think he is racist. He is an idiot which is much worse.
        Elvis said find em young and Fred said old fashion girls are fun

Comment

Originally posted by clintonaldo View Post

I agree that I don’t think he is racist. He is an idiot which is much worse.
          ^^^^this

Comment

Jon Gruden Got Canceled For His Private Thoughts, And You Could Be Next

https://thefederalist.com/2021/10/13...could-be-next/

"
            Jon Gruden’s quick forced resignation as coach of the Las Vegas Raiders on Monday is a new level of cancel culture mission creep, and you should care about it, because it’s probably going to happen to you.

Now, as I’ve said before and truly believe, cancel culture is an overused term that is often too vague in its deployment. Properly defined, cancel culture requires someone to be truly “canceled” — meaning that they lose their livelihood and their ability to work in their sphere. That’s probably not true of Gruden, because I believe he’ll eventually be a coach or an NFL commentator again. And that’s one reason why I personally think we should just use cancel culture to talk about situations where normal, non-famous people are targeted and taken down."

Money and women. They're two of the strongest things in the world. The things you do for a woman you wouldn't do for anything else. Same with money.
            -Satchel Paige

Used to be bats had thick handles and a big barrel. Then they found it's not the size of the bat that gets home runs - it's the speed with which you can swing it.
            -Stan Musial

Comment

The NFL denies leaks amid the Jon Gruden scandal, but it said the same thing about Deflategate

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/the-nfl...222359279.html

"How does the NFL run a 10-month investigation into the Washington Football Teamthat concludes “the culture of the club was very toxic” ... yet, essentially, the only individual who has faced any public backlash or consequence is Jon Gruden, who never even worked there?"
              Money and women. They're two of the strongest things in the world. The things you do for a woman you wouldn't do for anything else. Same with money.
              -Satchel Paige

Used to be bats had thick handles and a big barrel. Then they found it's not the size of the bat that gets home runs - it's the speed with which you can swing it.
              -Stan Musial

Comment

Newsmax Host Greg Kelly Defends Ousted Raiders Coach Jon Gruden: ‘White Men Are Under Attack’

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...125520857.html

A very interesting take.
                -Satchel Paige

-Stan Musial

Comment

Jon Gruden was hostile to Black people for years before his emails came out

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jon-gru...122419540.html

And a view from the other side.
                  -Satchel Paige

-Stan Musial

Comment

Opinion: Tony Dungy, Mike Tirico should have known better when supporting Jon Gruden

https://sports.yahoo.com/opinion-ton...190108922.html

One more from OM's favorite whipping boy, Dan Wolken.

“I was with Jon at that time,” Tirico said. “Seven years as my partner on Monday Night Football. I probably know Jon better than anybody in the league on a personal level. He said it right, he was ashamed by the comments in the e-mail. The comments in the e-mail are wrong. But, my experience kind of parallels Tim Brown, who played for Jon and is a Hall of Fame receiver. He said he never experienced or saw anything that would say Jon was racist in any way. That is exactly the experience I had, those seven years of traveling, three days together on the road together every week.”
                    -Mike Tirico

-Satchel Paige

-Stan Musial

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Vols View Post
                      Jon Gruden was hostile to Black people for years before his emails came out

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jon-gru...122419540.html

And a view from the other side.
                      How dare Gruden not develop a black QB, or want to work with his own GM. If Shaun King and McKenzie were so talented, surely another NFL team would have scooped them up. This is just piling on from the writer, who I guarantee you is a “woke” individual.

Comment

How dare Gruden not develop a black QB, or want to work with his own GM. If Shaun King and McKenzie were so talented, surely another NFL team would have scooped them up. This is just piling on from the writer, who I guarantee you is a “woke” individual.

Comment

Former WFT Cheerleaders Ask NFL to Release Full Workplace Culture Report Due to Topless Photos

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...172408534.html

There may be a lot more heads roll before this is finished.
                          -Satchel Paige

-Stan Musial

Comment

The Jon Gruden emails were just a small part of a much bigger investigation and the NFL is under fire to release more

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nfl-under...192137000.html
                            -Satchel Paige

-Stan Musial

Comment

Another funny story.

How much will the Raiders ultimately pay Jon Gruden to leave? It depends if he wants to fight

https://sports.yahoo.com/how-much-wi...041026115.html
                              -Satchel Paige

-Stan Musial

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Vols View Post
                                Former WFT Cheerleaders Ask NFL to Release Full Workplace Culture Report Due to Topless Photos

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...172408534.html

There may be a lot more heads roll before this is finished.
                                Pics or it didn’t happen…as they say…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by egbert View Post

That's what they are all saying. LOL
                                  -Satchel Paige

-Stan Musial

Comment

Originally posted by egbert View Post

I hacked Gruden’s computer and found this filed under “tits.”

Enjoy, jelly bean.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                    It ain't nothing for me to whoop a man's ass...you might have heard of me.

IT'S A DAMN OIL FILTER, I bought it off of ye fair and square, you said it was a good 'un.

That's chickenshit just like you and ye damn business.

Comment

You …….

Comment

Working...
                                      X