A new take on this Gruden fallout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new take on this Gruden fallout

No doubt Jon shouldn’t have said those things he did, but, Keshawn Johnson brought up a really good point today. Those others in that text group accepted that behavior. Why do they get a pass?

BTW, I was never a Keyshawn fan, but, that young guy is extremely well spoken and needs to be one of these talking heads. He can replace those two idiots Riley and Acho as far as I’m concerned.

Before this shit is over, Bear Bryant and Adolph Rupps names will be stricken from existence.

Comment

You can throw the General in there as well.

Comment

Ha Keyshawn nowhere fucking near the player he thinks he was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by awinatl View Post
          Ha Keyshawn nowhere fucking near the player he thinks he was

I agree with that, but, he does come across very intelligent.

Comment

I saw a woman who writes for The Athletic who said the same thing. She said it's obvious that Gruden felt very comfortable saying the things he said to a top official of the Washington football club, thinking they would never see the light of day.

She talked about the NFL being an old boys club at the top and locker room talk being dominant. She said that the kneeling controversy and the BLM stuff had challenged that old boy network as it regards racism. And that the NFL was slowly moving into the 21st century in race relations.

But she said those guys still dominate the league. She didn't say they needed to be punished like Gruden, but she did say he wasn't alone in what he thought and what he said.

How do you punish the ownership of these teams who hire these guys?

Gruden is a scapegoat.

Why can't we all just get along?

Comment

Originally posted by Polemicvol View Post
              I saw a woman who writes for The Athletic who said the same thing. She said it's obvious that Gruden felt very comfortable saying the things he said to a top official of the Washington football club, thinking they would never see the light of day.

She talked about the NFL being an old boys club at the top and locker room talk being dominant. She said that the kneeling controversy and the BLM stuff had challenged that old boy network as it regards racism. And that the NFL was slowly moving into the 21st century in race relations.

But she said those guys still dominate the league. She didn't say they needed to be punished like Gruden, but she did say he wasn't alone in what he thought and what he said.

How do you punish the ownership of these teams who hire these guys?

Gruden is a scapegoat.

Buddy, I would say she is pretty much spot on.

Comment

Comment

Tell Clay, those rappers are entertainers, Gruden was the face of a Billion dollar company, which is a part of an organization that if it were classified as a corporation would be the 106th largest on the Fortune 500 list.

They are not going to do anything to damage the Sheild.

Comment

Originally posted by nasavol View Post

Tell Clay, those rappers are entertainers, Gruden was the face of a Billion dollar company, which is a part of an organization that if it were classified as a corporation would be the 106th largest on the Fortune 500 list.

They are not going to do anything to damage the Sheild.
                    It’s a double standard world …. I don’t really care what’s in a rap songs lyrics but they do go unscathed

Comment

It’s a double standard world …. I don’t really care what’s in a rap songs lyrics but they do go unscathed

I agree with you, on both points.

Comment

Here's the takeaway on the Gruden scandal. We all know that this investigation was done to find dirt on the Redskins for all their atrocities against women in the workplace.

It is more than a little damning that Goodell, that dirtbag piece of shit, refuses to let the other 640,000 emails see the light of day, and instead, makes sure the focus turns on to Gruden and away from his buddy Dan Snyder's organization.

I think the commish underestimates all these women who were victimized (for a lack of a better word) by Snyder's Skins. Those women and their female lawyers will "Me Too" the hell out of the Skins, Snyder, the Shield, the commish, and the whole lot of them.

Comment

Can someone tell me exactly WHO dug up some emails from 10 years ago and why??? Sounds like someone has some serious beef with Gruden, Allen, WFT, etc. Seriously... how many of you are gonna waste time reading through 1000's of emails to find some dirt? Alterior motives in play, obviously. My "GUESS" would be it all part of the "WFT/Snyder making cheerleaders dance topless..." investigation, but the media has not confirmed.

Comment

Topless cheerleaders ! I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by jeff1vol View Post
                              Can someone tell me exactly WHO dug up some emails from 10 years ago and why??? Sounds like someone has some serious beef with Gruden, Allen, WFT, etc. Seriously... how many of you are gonna waste time reading through 1000's of emails to find some dirt? Alterior motives in play, obviously. My "GUESS" would be it all part of the "WFT/Snyder making cheerleaders dance topless..." investigation, but the media has not confirmed.
                              Here is a good article on the investigation, I mistakenly thought it was the DEA’s investigation into the trainer.

Jon Gruden, who resigned as head coach of the Las Vegas Raiders following reports of homophobic, racist and misogynistic emails, was not even a target of the NFL investigation which led to his rapid downfall.

Comment

I agree with you, on both points.
                                The rappers influence the culture more than Gruden's private emails do, or did.

We are much more coarse as a culture now. Rappers aren't the only ones, of course. And I'm as guilty as anyone, but, my sphere of influence is much less, and I know my audiences and adjust accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by rocketcityvol View Post

The rappers influence the culture more than Gruden's private emails do, or did.

We are much more coarse as a culture now. Rappers aren't the only ones, of course. And I'm as guilty as anyone, but, my sphere of influence is much less, and I know my audiences and adjust accordingly.
                                  Maybe, but I heard a number yesterday that was staggering. The NFL has roughly 147 million fans, right at half the US population, and I’m guessing here, 70% of the entire population over 21. Of this 147 million, 48% are female. It’s not the good ole boy game anymore.

Basically Gruden got fired because he is an idiot…

Comment

Maybe, but I heard a number yesterday that was staggering. The NFL has roughly 147 million fans, right at half the US population, and I’m guessing here, 70% of the entire population over 21. Of this 147 million, 48% are female. It’s not the good ole boy game anymore.

Basically Gruden got fired because he is an idiot
                                    Absolutely.

Comment

Basically Gruden got fired because he is an idiot…
                                      I would have no fear of my emails being made public.

Because I never say anything in an email that I wouldn't shout in public. No one should be under the illusion that your emails are private. They aren't, or at least not when the government gets ahold of them.

There's no place in a gracious and gentlemanly world for the things Gruden wrote and shared. He was very foolish to write what he wrote. He's a racist bigot and he outed himself.
                                      Why can't we all just get along?

Comment

Originally posted by Polemicvol View Post

I would have no fear of my emails being made public.

Because I never say anything in an email that I wouldn't shout in public. No one should be under the illusion that your emails are private. They aren't, or at least not when the government gets ahold of them.

There's no place in a gracious and gentlemanly world for the things Gruden wrote and shared. He was very foolish to write what he wrote. He's a racist bigot and he outed himself.
                                        I don’t think he is racist, homophobic maybe, but even that is a stretch. You are forgetting he has an openly gay player on his team, Carl Nassib. But, the optics of it is horrible, but, I don’t believe for one minute he is the only HC who has used that type language. Like I said, he got fired because he is an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                                        X