Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN FPI predicts strong Vol run to finish season.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESPN FPI predicts strong Vol run to finish season.....

They are predicting the Vols finish at 4-2 and end up at 8-4 for the regular season.

That likely gets us to a New Years Day bowl.

https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2021...otball-season/

Of course the OM Football Poley Index (FPI) has predicted the same thing for over a week now.

OM, always ahead of the sportswriters.

Why can't we all just get along?

We shall see. Taking it one game at a time. Just kicking the shit out of lame and ole piss will make me happy for this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Polemicvol View Post
      They are predicting the Vols finish at 4-2 and end up at 8-4 for the regular season.

Of course the OM Football Poley Index (FPI) has predicted the same thing for over a week now.

Very unlikely we go 2-2 the next 4 games. I am guessing 1-3 finishing up at 7-5 which would frankly exceed my expectations for this season.

Comment

7-5 would be a tremendous accomplishment considering what we had to work with earlier in the year.

Comment

Much as I love the way this team plays I just dont see it. Too many injuries starting to accumulate with our lack of quality depth. I would take 7-5 right now.

Comment

Originally posted by autumnleafvol View Post

Much as I love the way this team plays I just dont see it. Too many injuries starting to accumulate with our lack of quality depth. I would take 7-5 right now.
            7-5 and a slow B10 team in a bowl with an 8-5 finish should garner SEC COtY votes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            It ain't nothing for me to whoop a man's ass...you might have heard of me.

IT'S A DAMN OIL FILTER, I bought it off of ye fair and square, you said it was a good 'un.

That's chickenshit just like you and ye damn business.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Morgan View Post

7-5 and a slow B10 team in a bowl with an 8-5 finish should garner SEC COtY votes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              Amen Pastor Billy

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by autumnleafvol View Post

So far, our backups have played very well, almost without exception. I can't see we have fallen off much playing the second teamers due to injuries at any position other than center. And we've gotten better there as well.

We might not know who these guys are, but the coaches seem to have done a great job getting them ready to play.

Our big falloff might be from 2nd to third team, rather than from 1st team to second team. We absolutely are challenged with depth with only 71 players on the roster. But honestly, how much do the last 20 on a roster play on the average SEC team? I suspect very, very little. Barring an issue with injuries centered on one position or position group, we might just get through this season fairly well.

But we've recruited fairly well for years, not bammer or georgia level, but at least as good or better as most of the SEC. So maybe we over estimated our talent gap and our depth issues.

Maybe that was more poor coaching by the last group.

Comment

Wow a whole week huh !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by awinatl View Post

Wow a whole week huh !!
                    I have been very, very confident....for a very short period of time.

You should join me, optimism is wonderful!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sun Tzu Vol View Post
                      7-5 would be a tremendous accomplishment considering what we had to work with earlier in the year.
                      hell, I thought just fielding a team this year was a tremendous accomplishment after Poot et all nuked the program last fall....
                      11/2/08 - Fulmer
                      1/12/10 - Kiffin
                      11/18/12 - Dooley
                      11/12/17 - Jones
                      1/18/20 - Pruitt
                      ??/??/?? - Heupel

Let's Go Bran-don

Comment

Working...
                      X