Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Byron Young to play Saturday....

https://www.rockytoptalk.com/2021/9/...football-debut

Rucker sez we might have won last week with Young in the lineup.

Strong statement for someone who's not yet played a down as a Vol.

Hope he's right.
    Why can't we all just get along?

Hope he's as good as his hype -

Comment

I wouldnt play him a lot. He'll need to be 100% for UF for us to have a .00001% chance at an upset.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jeff1vol View Post
        I wouldnt play him a lot. He'll need to be 100% for UF for us to have a .00001% chance at an upset.
        He's not been injured.

He had an eligibility issue he had to clear up with the NCAA. They made him sit out the first two games.

We've been playing two deep on the defensive line. You almost have to do that in today's fast paced college football. Pitt ran 82 plays against us last week.
        Why can't we all just get along?

Comment

Originally posted by Polemicvol View Post
          https://www.rockytoptalk.com/2021/9/...football-debut

Rucker sez we might have won last week with Young in the lineup.

Strong statement for someone who's not yet played a down as a Vol.

Hope he's right.
          Can he throw a ball 15 yds and hit a grocery store with it? Then yeah, we would've won. I'm still amazed how Milton can throw launch a bomb 65 yds in the air right on the money to a covered WR, but not one wide open 20 yds downfield not just once, but 3-4 times in one game.

Comment

Originally posted by PitiFulmer View Post

Can he throw a ball 15 yds and hit a grocery store with it? Then yeah, we would've won. I'm still amazed how Milton can throw launch a bomb 65 yds in the air right on the money to a covered WR, but not one wide open 20 yds downfield not just once, but 3-4 times in one game.
            Yep. First ball has air under it. Every time after it just progressively was flatter. I’ll never understand how you can play as much qb as he has and still not be able to do that?

Obviously he knows how or is trying to learn but I have to seriously question the coaching he has had in previous years or his ability to learn (must have some intelligence if he has a degree already) or his ability to not freak out during the game.

If it’s the first thing he should improve as the year goes. If it’s either of the other two to any degree, then he will not. It will be gitmo all over again. That will be the max of his ability and there is nothing you can do to change it. Gitmo did not improve hardly any. I think he tried, but it just wasn’t going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X