Milton graded higher than Hooker according to TB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milton graded higher than Hooker according to TB

I hear from a source internally that, believe it or not, Joe Milton actually graded out better than Hendon Hooker while the film was graded from the Pitt game. That seems counterintuitive until you consider the following.

Hooker's two overthrows on screens were worse than any pass Milton threw besides the one to Tillman. Hooker's INT was egregious on Tennessee's final drive. Milton hasn't thrown a pass that could be INT'd all year. The deep ball to Hyatt was as good of a pass as you'll ever see. Hyatt also dropped two balls vs BG, one a TD. The deep shot to Walker Merrill in the end zone on the left hash could've been caught by a better positioned WR. Football coaches value possession above all else.

tonybasilio.com

Insanity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

He’s 10-25 since halftime of the BG game. Do not believe.

Comment

I can see that. There is so much more to QBing than completion %. Hooker had throws as bad as Milton, especially on 2 screens that I can remember. If he hits those, the blocking seemed to be there and if the wr makes 1 guy miss those both were big gainers. Hooker has had 3 terrible TOs in less than 4 qtrs of play and most coaches are gonna trust the guy who takes care of the ball. Milton has had 2 but 1 was because the OL whiffed on a block and the defender blasted Milton. Most QBs would of had a hard time holding onto the ball.

Hype has had good QBs everywhere he has been and knows how to coach the position. I remember Crompton was horrendous until mid season his Sr year. It took Kiffin 4 or 5 games to make JC into a decent QB and inspire of the early results, Milton may also come around. I don't like this QB situation anymore than anyone else but Hypes history says he knows what he is doing. UT is averaging 35 points a game in this offense and these QBs. If they ever figure it out, this offense can be dynamic. I think I will sit back...get my popcorn and watch it all play out. The gnashing of teeth and the pearl clutching by the "qb whispers" is gonna be fun.

Comment

My very first sales manager way back when…..0% of 100 is shit and 100% of 0 is shit

In other words Milton’s shitty play grading out better than Hooker’s shitty play still means you have shit

Comment

He may have, but neither grade was close to passing. No pun intended.

Comment

Looks like I was right again.

Elvis said find em young and Fred said old fashion girls are fun

Comment

So, did Milton get a F+, or Hooker get a F- ?

Times New Roman

Comment

This is the 3rd week and could be quite prophetic if someone enters the portal after this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by dd4vols View Post
                    So, did Milton get a F+, or Hooker get a F- ?

Uh...no...they both got L's which is failing on any level.

Comment

Originally posted by FLAVOLS View Post
                      This is the 3rd week and could be quite prophetic if someone enters the portal after this weekend.

If only the ball was coming out at 250MPH behind and over the WR it would be more realistic. Some balls in that first game were catchable, but it’s hard to catch a ball thrown 250 behind you.

Comment

Working...
                      X