UT up to #46(tie) in Public Universities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtlantaVol View Post

Jeffro is correct here. For the money spent and the salary as well as job demand across the country, then the Technical Degrees in various things is a much smarter thing to do. But it isn't wired into the minds of Middle Class and Lower Upper Income family's to send their kids off to be an aircraft or diesel mechanic. But maybe it should be. Many of the Technical Degrees have demands for jobs in almost every state and towns out there. Kind of like Nursing in that sense. Can live and work pretty much wherever you want while earning a pretty decent salary. Start your own business and the sky is the limit also.
    And Tennessee provides a full ride to the Community colleges as long as the student meets the requirements. Chattanooga State has a partnership with VW here.

Comment

Originally posted by autumnleafvol View Post

And Tennessee provides a full ride to the Community colleges as long as the student meets the requirements. Chattanooga State has a partnership with VW here.
      And is an excellent deal. Can get all those pesky electives out of the way for free.

Comment

Originally posted by FLAVOLS View Post

And is an excellent deal. Can get all those pesky electives out of the way for free.
        Yep. That's just a no brainer for most instate students who don't get schollies to a UT system or Board of Regents university.

Makes me ill to see kids and their parents fall for the liberal arts school propaganda and end up with six figures in student loan debt and a degree in a useless academic discipline where there are no jobs available.

Pissin' in the wind, bettin' on a losing friend
        Makin' the same mistakes, we swore we'd never make again
        And we're pissin' in the wind, but it's blowing on all our friends
        We're gonna sit and grin and tell our grandchildren

Jerry Jeff Walker, RIP

I'm gonna live forever
        I'm gonna cross that river
        I'm gonna catch tomorrow now

Billy Joe Shaver, RIP

Comment

Originally posted by IncognitoDad View Post

Yep. That's just a no brainer for most instate students who don't get schollies to a UT system or Board of Regents university.

Makes me ill to see kids and their parents fall for the liberal arts school propaganda and end up with six figures in student loan debt and a degree in a useless academic discipline where there are no jobs available.
          It’s not just for liberal arts schools. That happens everywhere.
          Elvis said find em young and Fred said old fashion girls are fun

Comment

Originally posted by clintonaldo View Post

It’s not just for liberal arts schools. That happens everywhere.
            Unfortunately, yes, but for instate students the cost of the LA schools is at least twice what it is at an state schools. And going to out of state state schools you can add 50-75% more to that.

But, yes. You are correct.

Jerry Jeff Walker, RIP

I'm gonna live forever

Billy Joe Shaver, RIP

Comment

Unfortunately, yes, but for instate students the cost of the LA schools is at least twice what it is at an state schools. And going out of state you can add 50-75% more to that.

But, yes. You are correct.
              I’ve had the simplest solution but it will never happen and it is you can only borrow up to 30% of what your major pays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve had the simplest solution but it will never happen and it is you can only borrow up to 30% of what your major pays.

How about having the professors/school administrators pay being determined by the success rate of the graduates they are turning out?

Bet we'd see much more educating and less indoctrination going on that way.

And obviously that will never happen, but one can dream.

Jerry Jeff Walker, RIP

I'm gonna live forever

Billy Joe Shaver, RIP

Comment

How about having the professors/school administrators pay being determined by the success rate of the graduates they are turning out?

Bet we'd see much more educating and less indoctrination going on that way.

And obviously that will never happen, but one can dream.
                  Only issue with that is not every kid should go to college and they are inheriting a lot of kids that shouldn’t be there to begin with.

Comment

Only issue with that is not every kid should go to college and they are inheriting a lot of kids that shouldn’t be there to begin with.

No disagreement at all. And that's a big part of the group that are being fleeced in to going to liberal arts schools using student loans so the LA schools can flourish financially.

Jerry Jeff Walker, RIP

I'm gonna live forever

Billy Joe Shaver, RIP

Comment

UF way overrated, especially in Stem/tech. Florida State @ 19 is a laugher too
                      TIG, Lane never put it there before. Thanks for a great night, Layla

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantaVol View Post

Wrong, Mexifornia is now a complete shithole. I was there for about 10 days in 2018. The San Fran area is a complete shithole now. The roads are bad. Cell service is bad. Driving from San Jose airport down to Carmel was like driving on a shitty road thru a 3rd world country. Uber Drivers were telling us they had to live an hour away as could not afford to live anywhere nearby. Two Uber drivers told us that they and their spouses both had to have 2 jobs just to afford to live an hour away from San Fran.

Energy blackouts in many areas routinely.

Drought- too many people crammed into a state that is mainly a desert.

Highest Homeless Population in the USA by a long shot.

Highest number of Medicaid patients in the USA

Highest number of Illegals in the USA with the highest crime rates following them.

Diseases popping up from all the Homeless and Illegals that one usually see's only in 3rd world countries.

Highest debt load of any state in the USA.

Massive cost of housing for the Middle Class where vast % of income is spent on essentials of life.

Has lost now close to 300 Corporations since 2018/2019 according to an article I just read. Including Tesla and either Oracle or HP.

Very high cost of Gasoline and Electricity due to all the regulations.

Violent Crime Rates very high.

Coastal gazillionaire elites rule the state while pushing the Middle Class to the middle of the state away from the coast or out of state because of the massive COL near coast. So Mexifornia is now a state of Elites then gazillions of Poor and Low Middle Class who live to serve the elites.

One Party state where Conservatives and GOP have little say in how the state is run.

Just lost a HOR seat or two for the first time in their history- so losing lots of taxpayers while importing lots of illegals. Again so the coastal elites can have servants and workers at cheap rates.

Infrastructure like roads is breaking down. Electrical grid is at its breaking point.

Massive fires in large part due to their environment restrictions.

Depends on water from the Colorado River.

Retired people and especially retired military used to settle there but can't afford to anymore.
                        Of course they have the highest number of xyand z, they have 40 million people. Anyway decided to spot check your rate assertions. Here's top ten crime rates. Notice they are mostly southern states. As usual you are WRONG WRONG WRONG!

Screenshot 2021-09-16 234844.png

I'm not going to bother listing all the good things in california. Not wasting effort on dumbasses who believe whatever the neo-authoritarians tell them to believe.

So you, AV, had a miserable 10 days in Cali? Wow, who'da thunk it?
                        Last edited by Dagger; September 17, 2021, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X