Clear All

UT up to #46(tie) in Public Universities

5. Florida- damn that's pretty impressive
    16. UGA
    26 A&M
    42 Auburn
    46 Good guys

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges...ies/top-public

This list is loaded with California universities so obviously dumbassery of a university’s graduates is not part of the evaluation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If football is going to suck at least improve the academics. California university grads are the ones inventing all the cool shit we have. Looking at dumbassery rates based on who's getting the shot, Tennessee ain't doing too good.

Comment

Originally posted by awinatl View Post
        This list is loaded with California universities so obviously dumbassery of a university’s graduates is not part of the evaluation

Agree, noticed the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagger View Post
          If football is going to suck at least improve the academics. California university grads are the ones inventing all the cool shit we have. Looking at dumbassery rates based on who's getting the shot, Tennessee ain't doing too good.
          Hell, I heard Big Jim Haslem didn't want UT known as a "football factory". Mission accomplished, dumbass. Shit, our big ass donors have screwed both areas up.

Comment

California is a shiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttthole

Comment

California is a shiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttthole

Seriously? you been there? CA is a fantastic place. Sure there are some shitty parts, but overall its beautiful. Glad we aren't waiting on you to invent computers, etc. You still adding by counting on your fingers, wrongly?

Comment

Seriously? you been there? CA is a fantastic place. Sure there are some shitty parts, but overall its beautiful. Glad we aren't waiting on you to invent computers, etc. You still adding by counting on your fingers, wrongly?
                Such a great place to live must explain the mass exodus

Comment

UF #5 public university is laughable.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep....Coming to TN

Comment

Meanwhile, the U of turd, which isn’t has a zillion people clamoring to attend there (God only knows why…one can only surmise that a) youngsters are STOOOPID and b) football is a good advertisement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Wrong, Mexifornia is now a complete shithole. I was there for about 10 days in 2018. The San Fran area is a complete shithole now. The roads are bad. Cell service is bad. Driving from San Jose airport down to Carmel was like driving on a shitty road thru a 3rd world country. Uber Drivers were telling us they had to live an hour away as could not afford to live anywhere nearby. Two Uber drivers told us that they and their spouses both had to have 2 jobs just to afford to live an hour away from San Fran.

Energy blackouts in many areas routinely.

Drought- too many people crammed into a state that is mainly a desert.

Highest Homeless Population in the USA by a long shot.

Highest number of Medicaid patients in the USA

Highest number of Illegals in the USA with the highest crime rates following them.

Diseases popping up from all the Homeless and Illegals that one usually see's only in 3rd world countries.

Highest debt load of any state in the USA.

Massive cost of housing for the Middle Class where vast % of income is spent on essentials of life.

Has lost now close to 300 Corporations since 2018/2019 according to an article I just read. Including Tesla and either Oracle or HP.

Very high cost of Gasoline and Electricity due to all the regulations.

Violent Crime Rates very high.

Coastal gazillionaire elites rule the state while pushing the Middle Class to the middle of the state away from the coast or out of state because of the massive COL near coast. So Mexifornia is now a state of Elites then gazillions of Poor and Low Middle Class who live to serve the elites.

One Party state where Conservatives and GOP have little say in how the state is run.

Just lost a HOR seat or two for the first time in their history- so losing lots of taxpayers while importing lots of illegals. Again so the coastal elites can have servants and workers at cheap rates.

Infrastructure like roads is breaking down. Electrical grid is at its breaking point.

Massive fires in large part due to their environment restrictions.

Depends on water from the Colorado River.

Retired people and especially retired military used to settle there but can't afford to anymore.
                        "INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT"

Comment

Academia has won. It is cheaper to go to UCLA or Berkeley or Georgia Tech in-state student than UT, or close.
                          And all of the schools are making a shitload of money off students and their families nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by FLAVOLS View Post
                            And all of the schools are making a shitload of money off students and their families nowadays.
                            And the lottery funded schollys

Comment

Originally posted by jeff1vol View Post
                              UF #5 public university is laughable.

No it’s not. FL has always been #2 to only Vandy in the SEC, and better than all of the ACC except the private schools. VA may actually grade out higher, but my point is FL has, as long as I have known, been a top tier academic school.

Comment

Retirees, and the taxes there…

Comment

Originally posted by nasavol View Post

No it’s not. FL has always been #2 to only Vandy in the SEC, and better than all of the ACC except the private schools. VA may actually grade out higher, but my point is FL has, as long as I have known, been a top tier academic school.
                                  All this "ranking" bs is about as subjective as roughing the passer. Doubt UF has any more "resources" than anyone in the Top 50. UF "grading out" higher than W&M is a stretch... at best. A great education can be obtained almost anywhere. A student usually gets out of a school exactly what they put into it. It's hard to believe that a public university in a state that is barely in the top half of the US can be ranked so highly in "higher edcuation".

Comment

All this "ranking" bs is about as subjective as roughing the passer. Doubt UF has any more "resources" than anyone in the Top 50. UF "grading out" higher than W&M is a stretch... at best. A great education can be obtained almost anywhere. A student usually gets out of a school exactly what they put into it. It's hard to believe that a public university in a state that is barely in the top half of the US can be ranked so highly in "higher edcuation".
                                    Sorry you don’t like the facts.

Comment

Considering the cost affectiveness of higher education has become a net loss... I would encourage any young person to persue other avenues for technical or skilled training. The amount of debt accrued for a $35k a year job is plain stooooopid.

Comment

Considering the cost affectiveness of higher education has become a net loss... I would encourage any young person to persue other avenues for technical or skilled training. The amount of debt accrued for a $35k a year job is plain stooooopid.

Jeffro is correct here. For the money spent and the salary as well as job demand across the country, then the Technical Degrees in various things is a much smarter thing to do. But it isn't wired into the minds of Middle Class and Lower Upper Income family's to send their kids off to be an aircraft or diesel mechanic. But maybe it should be. Many of the Technical Degrees have demands for jobs in almost every state and towns out there. Kind of like Nursing in that sense. Can live and work pretty much wherever you want while earning a pretty decent salary. Start your own business and the sky is the limit also.
                                        "INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT"

Comment

Working...
                                        X