Milton still at #1 on the depth chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milton still at #1 on the depth chart

According to Tony Basilio. Waiting on Hype to step to the podium before they go to the presser.

Which means Hooker is still #2.

And those of you hoping to see Bailey move up the depth chart, it's just not going to happen. At #3 the best case scenario, barring both Milton and Hooker being injured, is for Bailey to get mop up duties with the third teamers and walk ons on Saturday.
    Pissin' in the wind, bettin' on a losing friend
    Makin' the same mistakes, we swore we'd never make again
    And we're pissin' in the wind, but it's blowing on all our friends
    We're gonna sit and grin and tell our grandchildren

Jerry Jeff Walker, RIP

I'm gonna live forever
    I'm gonna cross that river
    I'm gonna catch tomorrow now

Billy Joe Shaver, RIP

Milton sux

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hype speaking now:

The Tony Basilio Show :: Basilio's Chalk Talk!! (tclub.team)

Jerry Jeff Walker, RIP

I'm gonna live forever

Billy Joe Shaver, RIP

Comment

I would say why not against TTU. You could see he was just dying every time he over shot. If he gets that down , we could be lethal. No one respects it because he hasn’t hit yet. Hooker looks nervous as hell out there. I’d go with Milton and Bailey for Tech.

Go Vols!

Comment

He will go with Milton as long as he can because Milton is the one he recruited......He could start a 3rd team receiver at QB this week and win so I'd hold out any players with injuries.

Comment

Evans will be able to play this weekend....Served 2 games suspension based on NCAA rules.....per Heupel

Comment

Originally posted by Tnphil View Post
              He will go with Milton as long as he can because Milton is the one he recruited......He could start a 3rd team receiver at QB this week and win so I'd hold out any players with injuries.
              Plus it makes a coach look stupid as hell to bench his QB1 in week 3…….. means you wasted an entire summer which it appears he has

Comment

It could also be Milton is the best we have. Yikes.
                Elvis said find em young and Fred said old fashion girls are fun

Comment

Originally posted by clintonaldo View Post
                  Yeah. That's pretty much where I am, too.

Jerry Jeff Walker, RIP

I'm gonna live forever

Billy Joe Shaver, RIP

Comment

Originally posted by IncognitoDad View Post

Yeah. That's pretty much where I am, too.
                    Apparently they are mad at Hooker for that interception so Milton will start. I asked about Bailey and got an LOL and that he holds the ball too long and has a noodle arm.

Comment

Imagine that. However, Bailey was good in high school so he should start. Seems like 2 coaching staffs would of realized. UT is fucked for at least this year at QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannabis Vol View Post

Imagine that. However, Bailey was good in high school so he should start. Seems like 2 coaching staffs would of realized. UT is fucked for at least this year at QB.
                        The backup is always the favorite here.

Comment

But now that we have seen the backup...the backups backup is the savior. LOL. I love football season.

Comment

Bailey played in 6 out of 10 games and started the last 3 games last season....How is that the last staff not realizing it?

Comment

Originally posted by awinatl View Post

Plus it makes a coach look stupid as hell to bench his QB1 in week 3…….. means you wasted an entire summer which it appears he has

Sometimes you can make a mistake but dude got hurt due to things we have been saying holds ball too long, posing as a heisman and accuracy being a prob. Who cares if he looks the part and can chunk it 50 yds - cant hit the wr in stride. Had a pitt fan tell me after saturday’s game. Hooker sucked at tech. (Transfers havent helped us much at Tenn) Maybe just maybe huepel doesnt want to give bailey a shot now since it would make him look stupid. I dont know. I do know that we probably dont have a qb worth a crap on our team. So Tennessee.

Comment

Have you seen our fucking starters the last 5 years ??

Comment

Originally posted by Tnphil View Post

Bailey played in 6 out of 10 games and started the last 3 games last season....How is that the last staff not realizing it?
                                  How many games did he finish?

Comment

How many games did he finish?
                                    The last 3 games that team last year pretty much quit, we all know it. He stood in the pocket and went through his progressions much better than who we had and didn’t turn the ball over. His biggest problem was that he took too long to go through those progressions at times against really good defenses and was sacked too much. That could also be the dogshit Oline, the shitty play calling, and crap receivers not getting separation too - hard to say.

A lot of that is because of his lack of experience. How many true freshmen have that? He is still only a 2nd year player but I expect he is still learning and would have expected that he is better and quicker this season. But I guess most you guys are happy with who we have seen and we won’t find out if he is better. The odds that Milton will eventually hit a downfield receiver are in his favor, 0% should be easy to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by FLAVOLS View Post

The last 3 games that team last year pretty much quit, we all know it. He stood in the pocket and went through his progressions much better than who we had and didn’t turn the ball over. His biggest problem was that he took too long to go through those progressions at times against really good defenses and was sacked too much. That could also be the dogshit Oline, the shitty play calling, and crap receivers not getting separation too - hard to say.

A lot of that is because of his lack of experience. How many true freshmen have that? He is still only a 2nd year player but I expect he is still learning and would have expected that he is better and quicker this season. But I guess most you guys are happy with who we have seen and we won’t find out if he is better. The odds that Milton will eventually hit a downfield receiver are in his favor, 0% should be easy to beat.

I'm not happy at all. And the offense line isn't good, which is another reason why a qb that holds the ball won't work. And arm strength with Bailey does seem to be a question in Hypes offense. And that begs the question if Hype needs to adjust the offense, but is there really a better option this point?

The bottom line:

Right now our talent level is so thin that there may not be a viable option at QB on campus at this point. Seems we are just FUBARed.

Jerry Jeff Walker, RIP

I'm gonna live forever

Billy Joe Shaver, RIP

Comment

Working...
                                      X