Turnarounds can happen at any time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turnarounds can happen at any time...

never know when the lights will come on, either for coaches or players.

I mean, Vandy was embarrassed by ETSU. Then they go on the road and beat Colorado State. Not a great power, but at least a bigger fish than ETSU. And congrats Randy Sanders, BTW.

And, watched a bit of Stanford vs. USC last night. They rotated QBs first game, went with a guy named Tyler McKee. Highly touted coming out of HS, went on a Mormon mission for two years. Came in and lit it up last night. After suffering embarrassing loss in first game vs. Kansas State.

So, hoping our team, low on depth, remains healthy, and that the lights will come on for one of the QBs on the roster. They say cream rises to the top. Need it to happen soon.

Originally posted by rocketcityvol View Post
    never know when the lights will come on, either for coaches or players.

I mean, Vandy was embarrassed by ETSU. Then they go on the road and beat Colorado State. Not a great power, but at least a bigger fish than ETSU. And congrats Randy Sanders, BTW.

And, watched a bit of Stanford vs. USC last night. They rotated QBs first game, went with a guy named Tyler McKee. Highly touted coming out of HS, went on a Mormon mission for two years. Came in and lit it up last night. After suffering embarrassing loss in first game vs. Kansas State.

So, hoping our team, low on depth, remains healthy, and that the lights will come on for one of the QBs on the roster. They say cream rises to the top. Need it to happen soon.
    Speaking of Mormon's, BYU beat Utah last night. BYU replaced the #2 pick in the NFL Draft with a young fast QB who was good enough to beat Top 25 Pac 12 Utah team.
    "INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT"

Comment

After two games the Volunteers are -5 Turnover margin. Simply evening up that key indicator will improve the team's win-loss tally.

The 123rd position in penalties is also telling.

Pitt burning the last five minutes of clock with an eight-play 17-yard drive is not good.

The team shows competitiveness. That's a good thing. A first-season HC and coaching staff must focus on what the players can control. The Covid-19 pandemic makes the offense even more difficult for a first-year coaching staff.

Also, Pitt brought a group of mentally and physically mature players. These kinds of teams do not beat themselves with sloppy football. The Panthers would likely defeat AU and S.Carolina at this point in the season, IMO.
      Last edited by WolfDawg; September 13, 2021, 07:56 AM.
      ~Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage~

Comment

Originally posted by WolfDawg View Post
        After two games the Volunteers are -5 Turnover margin. Simply evening up that key indicator will improve the team's win-loss tally.

The 123rd position in penalties is also telling.

Pitt burning the last five minutes of clock with an eight-play 17-yard drive is not good.

The team shows competitiveness. That's a good thing. A first-season HC and coaching staff must focus on what the players can control. The Covid-19 pandemic makes the offense even more difficult for a first-year coaching staff.

Also, Pitt brought a group of mentally and physically mature players. These kinds of teams do not beat themselves with sloppy football. The Panthers would likely defeat AU and S.Carolina at this point in the season, IMO.
        Good points. Absolutely have to eliminate the penalties and TOs. Pitt is a veteran team. I was really not expecting to win going in..my pick was from heart, not head. To have a chance to win even with all those mistakes is encouraging.

Comment

I think the team will improve over the course of the season. Whether they can improve enough to put up a better final record than last year is the goal. But there are key indicators to look for when it comes to judging if a team is improving.
          ~Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage~

Comment

Originally posted by rocketcityvol View Post

Good points. Absolutely have to eliminate the penalties and TOs. Pitt is a veteran team. I was really not expecting to win going in..my pick was from heart, not head. To have a chance to win even with all those mistakes is encouraging.
            What encourages me the most is thinking of how much this team will improve as the season progresses under this staff. Plus, kudos to Coach Ekeler and the special teams unit for being a lightning rod and representing something to rally around to ignite team and fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Boydog View Post

What encourages me the most is thinking of how much this team will improve as the season progresses under this staff. Plus, kudos to Coach Ekeler and the special teams unit for being a lightning rod and representing something to rally around to ignite team and fans.
              Special teams play is a great leading indicator of what the future of your team is going to be. So many young players on special teams and if they are athletic, know what they are to do, and win their aspect of the game early in their careers, there's a good chance they will do the same when they become regular starters.

Why can't we all just get along?

Comment

Working...
              X