No announcement yet.

Bailey as a HS player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As somebowho has covered high school,football as a media guy for nearly 30 years, I love watching it and have seen a lot of great high school players, some who went on to succes at the next levels, and some who didn't.

As good as the league/classification Bailey played at in Georgia was, big time college football, and especially SEC football, are an apples and oranges comparison. The atleticism, physical size and strength, and speed of the game are just at a totall different level.
    Pissin' in the wind, bettin' on a losing friend
    Makin' the same mistakes, we swore we'd never make again
    And we're pissin' in the wind, but it's blowing on all our friends
    We're gonna sit and grin and tell our grandchildren

Jerry Jeff Walker, RIP

I'm gonna live forever
    I'm gonna cross that river
    I'm gonna catch tomorrow now

Billy Joe Shaver, RIP

Comment

Originally posted by IncognitoDad View Post
      As somebowho has covered high school,football as a media guy for nearly 30 years, I love watching it and have seen a lot of great high school players, some who went on to succes at the next levels, and some who didn't.

As good as the league/classification Bailey played at in Georgia was, big time college football, and especially SEC football, are an apples and oranges comparison. The atleticism, physical size and strength, and speed of the game are just at a totall different level.
      I am not comparing his high school stats. But making a determination on a 18-19 year old as a True Freshman in that shitshow of a team and coaching staff last year doesn’t make a lick of sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by FLAVOLS View Post

I am not comparing his high school stats. But making a determination on a 18-19 year old as a True Freshman in that shitshow of a team and coaching staff last year doesn’t make a lick of sense to me.
        I one hundred percent agree with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by shootervol View Post
          Bailey sux - no way could he have hit that Pittsburgh defender in stride like Hooker did-
          We needed Milton there to throw it 243 MPH so the Pitt defender would have suffered fractured hands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          It ain't nothing for me to whoop a man's ass...you might have heard of me.

IT'S A DAMN OIL FILTER, I bought it off of ye fair and square, you said it was a good 'un.

That's chickenshit just like you and ye damn business.

Comment

Sense? That's still an expectation?

Who knew?

Jerry Jeff Walker, RIP

I'm gonna live forever

Billy Joe Shaver, RIP

Comment

Originally posted by shootervol View Post
              Bailey sux - no way could he have hit that Pittsburgh defender in stride like Hooker did-
              It was the most accurate throw of the day for us

Comment

I see your point and I am all in on giving Bailey a chance. However, the shit show he played in didn't cause his arm to turn to a noodle. Nor did it cause him to be slow footed. What I saw last year told me that Bailey is not the answer based on my limited knowledge of the game. I just feel his limited athletic ability and noodle arm is a disaster waiting to happen in this offense. Watching him against TN Tech is like watching the spring game...no one is gonna be able to determine his growth or ability based on a glorified scrimmage. Those touting the spring game as an example is not a very good measuring stick based on how it was not a level playing field.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannabis Vol View Post

I see your point and I am all in on giving Bailey a chance. However, the shit show he played in didn't cause his arm to turn to a noodle. Nor did it cause him to be slow footed. What I saw last year told me that Bailey is not the answer based on my limited knowledge of the game. I just feel his limited athletic ability and noodle arm is a disaster waiting to happen in this offense. Watching him against TN Tech is like watching the spring game...no one is gonna be able to determine his growth or ability based on a glorified scrimmage. Those touting the spring game as an example is not a very good measuring stick based on how it was not a level playing field.
                  I hate to seem like I’m carrying Bailey’s jock because I’m not. He is unlikely to be our savior. I never have brought up the spring game but since you did I would think that strengthens his argument more - especially against the crap competition we have seen in the first 2 games. That Pitt game should have been won and that is what pisses me off.

What I am saying is that he has earned a shot to play even against dogshit competition as well as the good. He has played against good SEC competition - something neither of the other 2 QBs have.

Comment

I hate to seem like I’m carrying Bailey’s jock because I’m not. He is unlikely to be our savior. I never have brought up the spring game but since you did I would think that strengthens his argument more - especially against the crap competition we have seen in the first 2 games. That Pitt game should have been won and that is what pisses me off.

What I am saying is that he has earned a shot to play even against dogshit competition as well as the good. He has played against good SEC competition - something neither of the other 2 QBs have.
                    Well, the spring game allowed zero pressure from the defense and Bailey did not have to worry about his slowness, thats why I brought it up.

I agree, he has earned that. Give him a chance to prove me and 2 coaching staffs wrong and put me in my place. The kid seems like a very good kid and nothing would make me happier than to be wrong about him. Its time to see...I am in agreement 100% with you on that. I don't expect it but its about the only hope left for the QB situation.

Comment

Pitt was not crap competition. Probably third best team in the ACC and yes we’ve should have beaten them.

Last edited by Boydog; September 15, 2021, 01:31 PM.

Comment

For those touting Bailey's spring game as an indicator, remember Kurston Biggers, David Yancey, and Cody Blanc?

All spring game stars..

Jerry Jeff Walker, RIP

I'm gonna live forever

Billy Joe Shaver, RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Boydog View Post

Pitt was not crap competition. Probably third best team in the ACC and yes we’ve should have beaten them.

So 3rd in the ACC is good competition…yet to be seen but I doubt it if that is the case. But possibly because the ACC is dogshit.

Comment

So 3rd in the ACC is good competition…yet to be seen but I doubt it if that is the case. But possibly because the ACC is dogshit.
                            Dog shit is BG and UMASS. Pitt is a sound well coached team. They are missing a quality running back or they would be even better.

Comment

Dog shit is BG and UMASS. Pitt is a sound well coached team. They are missing a quality running back or they would be even better.

I consider us dogshit too….until we are not. So in my eyes they are dogshit.

Comment

I consider us dogshit too….until we are not. So in my eyes they are dogshit.
                                Ok great. Have at it. My question is if we continue to improve and knock off a team or two we are not supposed to beat will you change your tune then

Comment

So you are saying there is no hope for improvement for Milton or Hooker. They are as good as they are ever going to be b

Comment

Ok great. Have at it. My question is if we continue to improve and knock off a team or two we are not supposed to beat will you change your tune then

I’m always open….show me the wins.

Comment

I’m always open….show me the wins.
                                      I get your skepticism and I understand. We are all skeptical to a point. I just don’t think we are dog shit. A matter of semantics.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannabis Vol View Post

Well, the spring game allowed zero pressure from the defense and Bailey did not have to worry about his slowness, thats why I brought it up.

I agree, he has earned that. Give him a chance to prove me and 2 coaching staffs wrong and put me in my place. The kid seems like a very good kid and nothing would make me happier than to be wrong about him. Its time to see...I am in agreement 100% with you on that. I don't expect it but its about the only hope left for the QB situation.
                                        So you don’t think Milton and Hooker can improve as the season progresses. You’re saying the emergence of Bailey is our only hope

Comment

If you compare the time Bailey had in the spring game to the time Milton had in the BG game, you have to admit that's pretty similar. IF you are fair enough to allow for that, Bailey at least hit wide open receivers at a much higher rate than Milton did...and allegedly against better DBs. Milton had as much as eight seconds to stare down his #1 and only (for him) option and still badly overthrew them. Same thing he did at Michigan, so no, I don't believe he can fix it. He is who he is. If we went to a west coast type short passing offense, he'd be so much better. He is not as wild on those.

I haven't watched Hooker as much, so I can't say he's not repairable other than the fact that he has started more games than Milton and Bailey combined. His spring game was far behind Bailey's, except for his running ability. I think ultimately Heup will settle for Hooker and Bailey will transfer.

Comment

Working...
                                          X