Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rocketcityvol View Post

Hello SG.

My name is Rocketcityvol, and I am a Vol addict.
    I appreciate that. Sometimes the pleasure derived from an addictive substance declines with repeated use. These days the Vols rarely produce any euphoria in me. Guess I've become a casual user.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannabis Vol View Post

Thats the spirit! Gotta love fans that quit and or bitch about NOT watching. I guess I can mark you off the tailgate list.
      No tailgates ever again for me. Did them until 2010 then for the OU game in 2015 or whatever year that was. Went to that game, got home in the middle of the night, and put the rest of the season on Stubhub. No more Season Tickets for me and therefore no more wasting a weekend after working all week. Life too short to stew about what Dondeeeee did to UT FB. But I will point it out and remind you and everyone else in 4-5 years when Mott is fired, as to why this happened. Dondeeeee killed us but Mott isn't a recruiter. Combo is more than death sentence for UT FB. Have fun partying away though. That never was my main thing with UT FB anyway but it is all UT fans will have to look forward to.
      "INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT"

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantaVol View Post

No tailgates ever again for me. Did them until 2010 then for the OU game in 2015 or whatever year that was. Went to that game, got home in the middle of the night, and put the rest of the season on Stubhub. No more Season Tickets for me and therefore no more wasting a weekend after working all week. Life too short to stew about what Dondeeeee did to UT FB. But I will point it out and remind you and everyone else in 4-5 years when Mott is fired, as to why this happened. Dondeeeee killed us but Mott isn't a recruiter. Combo is more than death sentence for UT FB. Have fun partying away though. That never was my main thing with UT FB anyway but it is all UT fans will have to look forward to.
        I will sleep much better knowing you are gonna be there to remind everyone how wrong we are to try and enjoy a beautiful fall weekend in East Tn...just because it is not worth it to you. You are a hellofa guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannabis Vol View Post

I will sleep much better knowing you are gonna be there to remind everyone how wrong we are to try and enjoy a beautiful fall weekend in East Tn...just because it is not worth it to you. You are a hellofa guy.
          You are welcome but you bring it on yourself by claiming how "all is well" and longing for the fun of a Tailgate Day.

I have made fun of UT fans for decades about lusting for the tailgate experience much more than winning games. Our fans don't have the obsession with winning that UF, UGAY, AU, LSU, AL, OSU, OU, Clem's Son, ND, etc have. Our fans don't go after our UT Administration for all the losing like these other teams do. At these schools their Administration ask "how high" when the FB program tells them to jump.

Your post makes my point. Lust for a pretty fall afternoon so you can spend all day partying in a parking lot with the game results being a secondary thought. And certainly don't even think about the causes for the game results. Party on WeedVol!!!!!!

Comment

It’s obvious AV cares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Elvis said find em young and Fred said old fashion girls are fun

Comment

You are welcome but you bring it on yourself by claiming how "all is well" and longing for the fun of a Tailgate Day.

I have made fun of UT fans for decades about lusting for the tailgate experience much more than winning games. Our fans don't have the obsession with winning that UF, UGAY, AU, LSU, AL, OSU, OU, Clem's Son, ND, etc have. Our fans don't go after our UT Administration for all the losing like these other teams do. At these schools their Administration ask "how high" when the FB program tells them to jump.

Your post makes my point. Lust for a pretty fall afternoon so you can spend all day partying in a parking lot with the game results being a secondary thought. And certainly don't even think about the causes for the game results. Party on WeedVol!!!!!!
              So fans that don’t obsess about winning are the ones that don’t go to games, don’t go after the Admin and they’re the problem? You don’t obsess about winning, don’t go to games, don’t go after the Admin and you don’t care about UT Football. Are you part of the problem?

I will go to the games, wear my orange, love Rocky Top and do whatever I can to help us win until I die. Why? Because I’m a VOL fan, and that’s what we do.

Comment

Damn, you are right again. How dare me for wanting to enjoy my life with fun and laughter...good food and drinks. Imagine how weak I am for putting fun, laughter and good times over the end results of a football game. How could anyone enjoy life and things we can control over the results of a game we have zero control over. I never realized that fans that worship a game literally can change the outcome. I mean look at that list you just wrote of teams success is based entirely off the fans obsession. Thanks again for your voice of reason and logic. Now, the next tailgate...er uh...cult gathering...I will make sure and explain to everyone in attendance how it only takes us fans zeal to change the outcome. I can only imagine how great a life you must lead with your sound logic and reasoning.

Comment

For roughly 30 years the only times I saw certain old friends was at games. I understand that for AV , this wouldn’t be an issue.

Comment

I would bet UT fans have expressed their frustrations with the UT admin..I have written the past two presidents. Fans have stayed away, as is evident on the TV screens. The hoo haw over Schiano (only to lead to Pruitt) was an expression of disappointment in lack of hiring a proven winner.

I don't know about donations, whether they've dropped off or not. Maybe when the restaurants and hoteliers complain about lost revenue in the fall it will make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by clintonaldo View Post
                      It’s obvious AV cares.

Yep. In denial. Needs, intervention.

Comment

Originally posted by RewindVOL View Post

So fans that don’t obsess about winning are the ones that don’t go to games, don’t go after the Admin and they’re the problem? You don’t obsess about winning, don’t go to games, don’t go after the Admin and you don’t care about UT Football. Are you part of the problem?

I will go to the games, wear my orange, love Rocky Top and do whatever I can to help us win until I die. Why? Because I’m a VOL fan, and that’s what we do.

I would argue that you are going to games with the main intent to party before the games but ALL you are doing by going to the game is supporting the UTAD with LOTS of money (tickets, donations, parking, concessions, UT clothing, etc). I had Season Tickets from 1986 thru 2010 then again in 2015. I am not foolish enough to think I had ANYTHING to do with us winning in the 1990's or losing in the 2000's. All I was doing is "supporting" the UTAD and UT itself with lots of $$$$$$$. Then personally I was working 5 days a week then spending all weekend driving and attending games. I have been to 7 games at UGAY, 3 games at AU and UF, multiple away games at Vandy and Kensucky. It no longer is worth my $$$$ or my time.

Doesn't mean I don't want them to win. But I also understand perfectly the damage that Dondeeeeee did with her stunt 9 months ago. Why would I continue to financially support BLM Jr. University? But you guys can party away before games and look forward to it. Whatever floats ones boat in life. Just not mine.

Comment

I would argue that you are going to games with the main intent to party before the games but ALL you are doing by going to the game is supporting the UTAD with LOTS of money (tickets, donations, parking, concessions, UT clothing, etc). I had Season Tickets from 1986 thru 2010 then again in 2015. I am not foolish enough to think I had ANYTHING to do with us winning in the 1990's or losing in the 2000's. All I was doing is "supporting" the UTAD and UT itself with lots of $$$$$$$. Then personally I was working 5 days a week then spending all weekend driving and attending games. I have been to 7 games at UGAY, 3 games at AU and UF, multiple away games at Vandy and Kensucky. It no longer is worth my $$$$ or my time.

Doesn't mean I don't want them to win. But I also understand perfectly the damage that Dondeeeeee did with her stunt 9 months ago. Why would I continue to financially support BLM Jr. University? But you guys can party away before games and look forward to it. Whatever floats ones boat in life. Just not mine.
                          Well then your main intent argument would be wrong.

Comment

Not sure why anybody thinks or thought we were going to get anything other than a reach at HC. Reality with the mess we are in, our available coaches pool to draw from was small, with Hype being more than likely best available. Not a great recruiter? Well we just fired a Gump that was supposed to be a great recruiter but- how’d that work out. Hype checks a few boxes, offensively has a good QB resume, Jason White, Landry Jones, Drew Lock, as well as a couple good QB’s at UCF in McKenzie Milton and Dillon Gabriel, either one of those last 2 QBs would more than likely have us at 2-0 right now if we had one of them. I’ve certainly seen improvement in our team through 2 games. D and O are better only lacking competent QB and that ain’t Hypes fault.. Time will tell but this offense is built to score lot’s of points and I like it. We need to surround this guy with great coaches, he’s a pretty smart guy !

Comment

If Milton would have hit those laughably wide open TD's, Vols win and this week's discussion would be about what a great play caller coach we have.

Comment

Originally posted by coachwatch View Post
                                If Milton would have hit those laughably wide open TD's, Vols win and this week's discussion would be about what a great play caller coach we have.
                                This^^*

Comment

Originally posted by shootervol View Post
                                  Not sure why anybody thinks or thought we were going to get anything other than a reach at HC. Reality with the mess we are in, our available coaches pool to draw from was small, with Hype being more than likely best available. Not a great recruiter? Well we just fired a Gump that was supposed to be a great recruiter but- how’d that work out. Hype checks a few boxes, offensively has a good QB resume, Jason White, Landry Jones, Drew Lock, as well as a couple good QB’s at UCF in McKenzie Milton and Dillon Gabriel, either one of those last 2 QBs would more than likely have us at 2-0 right now if we had one of them. I’ve certainly seen improvement in our team through 2 games. D and O are better only lacking competent QB and that ain’t Hypes fault.. Time will tell but this offense is built to score lot’s of points and I like it. We need to surround this guy with great coaches, he’s a pretty smart guy !
                                  Good post. Some on here ALWAYS want to fire the coach and based on history we have all seen the revolving door. Hype is in game 2 and there have been multiple posts that if Hype doesn't play Bailey or if he doesn't use the FORMATION they used back when they played without helmets, then it proves he is terrible. Its just all they know. If Hype is not good enough to last 5 years, then UT football will NEVER recover.

I don't expect Hype to lead UT to championships. I do expect him to put a competitive team on the field and develop talent but its game 2, so most understand he needs a bit more time. The same ones who are upset were the same ones who were laughing and making fun of UsuK and Stoops but UsuK was patient and he has built a nice middle of the pack SEC team which is exactly UsuKs historical place. If Hype can build UT into a middle of the pack SEC team, then he will have done his job. At that point, UT will be more attractive to the better coaches. Hype has never been a long tenure answer.

Comment

Working...
                                  X