Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A confession

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    A confession

    I didn't even watch the game. It was a beautiful today and had other options. Last couple of years I quit watching mid-season. Past spring and summer didn't think about recruiting. Talk on football boards is on repeat--heard it all before. It's pretty sad. Wonder if others feel similarly.























    BRING BACK THE POLITICAL BOARD!!!

    #2
    I had to miss it. I sleep during the day and work overnights. I did tape it, and even though I pretty much know what went down, I still want to see it and judge things for myself.

    Comment


      #3
      I will always watch the Vols play.
      Elvis said find em young and Fred said old fashion girls are fun

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by clintonaldo View Post
        I will always watch the Vols play.
        Exactly! I watch them regardless I can't imagine not watching them, unless you are a casual fan.
        Self appointed number 1 Vol Fan

        Comment


          #5
          Hi. My name is SGVOLFAN, and I am a Vol addict.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by volmeister View Post

            Exactly! I watch them regardless I can't imagine not watching them, unless you are a casual fan.
            Every Saturday if only for a minute I think we are winning.
            Elvis said find em young and Fred said old fashion girls are fun

            Comment


              #7
              I enjoy UT game days and always will. Its only 12 days a year so I usually plan to either host a group of friends or attend with a group of friends. Yesterdays game was fun...frustrating at times but UT played hard and I can support that.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Dagger View Post
                I didn't even watch the game. It was a beautiful today and had other options. Last couple of years I quit watching mid-season. Past spring and summer didn't think about recruiting. Talk on football boards is on repeat--heard it all before. It's pretty sad. Wonder if others feel similarly.























                BRING BACK THE POLITICAL BOARD!!!
                I didn't and won't do any such thing with UT FB this year or likely in the years coming up. I tape them and if they win then will watch some of them. Lose and I will erase them without watching.

                This team has as little SEC Talent as any team in my lifetime. Mott the Heuepel isn't a recruiter. Never has been anywhere he has been. UT is nearly full for 2022 class and he is now offering and accepting commits from players UT would have never sniffed at the past 40 years. We have 1 player from the TN Top 20 players committed and maybe will get 1 more. High School Coaches, recruits, recruits family members, and the handlers/workout guys like Buck Fitzgerald just do NOT trust UT and their administration to have the back of their players or the UT Coaches like other schools do. I keep telling you all that Dondeeeeeeee just blew the program out of the water by what she did. It isn't the firing of Bammer Boy. It is how she called in the NCAA on her own school and used the NCAA to have an excuse to snatch buyout money. That blows up all the trust from Assistant Coaches around the country down to the recruits.

                But then they hire Mott who was NOT being considered by ANY other Power 5 school. He can't recruit and that is a death sentence at a program like UT that has to compete against AL, AU, UGA, UF, LSU, TAMA and now TX and OU just in conference.

                So why expend energy and TIME on weekends watching? But I have basically expanded it to most of college FB. It is a very corrupt sport where basically 7 teams collect almost all the talent then their conferences protect them from investigations along with all the Ref calls they get. You can be sure a Targeting, OL Holding Call, Personal Foul, Illegal Formation, etc is going to pop up if a team like UT gets close to those teams above. So we have soooooooooo little talent anyway that when you add all the calls going against us and what is the point of watching pretty much any NCAA FB? It is rigged almost as much as WWE.
                "INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT"

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by clintonaldo View Post

                  Every Saturday if only for a minute I think we are winning.
                  Don't we ALL?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Cannabis Vol View Post
                    I enjoy UT game days and always will. Its only 12 days a year so I usually plan to either host a group of friends or attend with a group of friends. Yesterdays game was fun...frustrating at times but UT played hard and I can support that.
                    Can I be your friend cannabis?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by AtlantaVol View Post

                      I didn't and won't do any such thing with UT FB this year or likely in the years coming up. I tape them and if they win then will watch some of them. Lose and I will erase them without watching.

                      This team has as little SEC Talent as any team in my lifetime. Mott the Heuepel isn't a recruiter. Never has been anywhere he has been. UT is nearly full for 2022 class and he is now offering and accepting commits from players UT would have never sniffed at the past 40 years. We have 1 player from the TN Top 20 players committed and maybe will get 1 more. High School Coaches, recruits, recruits family members, and the handlers/workout guys like Buck Fitzgerald just do NOT trust UT and their administration to have the back of their players or the UT Coaches like other schools do. I keep telling you all that Dondeeeeeeee just blew the program out of the water by what she did. It isn't the firing of Bammer Boy. It is how she called in the NCAA on her own school and used the NCAA to have an excuse to snatch buyout money. That blows up all the trust from Assistant Coaches around the country down to the recruits.

                      But then they hire Mott who was NOT being considered by ANY other Power 5 school. He can't recruit and that is a death sentence at a program like UT that has to compete against AL, AU, UGA, UF, LSU, TAMA and now TX and OU just in conference.

                      So why expend energy and TIME on weekends watching? But I have basically expanded it to most of college FB. It is a very corrupt sport where basically 7 teams collect almost all the talent then their conferences protect them from investigations along with all the Ref calls they get. You can be sure a Targeting, OL Holding Call, Personal Foul, Illegal Formation, etc is going to pop up if a team like UT gets close to those teams above. So we have soooooooooo little talent anyway that when you add all the calls going against us and what is the point of watching pretty much any NCAA FB? It is rigged almost as much as WWE.
                      Hmmmm for some reason I feel like I’ve heard this before


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by AtlantaVol View Post

                        I didn't and won't do any such thing with UT FB this year or likely in the years coming up. I tape them and if they win then will watch some of them. Lose and I will erase them without watching.

                        This team has as little SEC Talent as any team in my lifetime. Mott the Heuepel isn't a recruiter. Never has been anywhere he has been. UT is nearly full for 2022 class and he is now offering and accepting commits from players UT would have never sniffed at the past 40 years. We have 1 player from the TN Top 20 players committed and maybe will get 1 more. High School Coaches, recruits, recruits family members, and the handlers/workout guys like Buck Fitzgerald just do NOT trust UT and their administration to have the back of their players or the UT Coaches like other schools do. I keep telling you all that Dondeeeeeeee just blew the program out of the water by what she did. It isn't the firing of Bammer Boy. It is how she called in the NCAA on her own school and used the NCAA to have an excuse to snatch buyout money. That blows up all the trust from Assistant Coaches around the country down to the recruits.

                        But then they hire Mott who was NOT being considered by ANY other Power 5 school. He can't recruit and that is a death sentence at a program like UT that has to compete against AL, AU, UGA, UF, LSU, TAMA and now TX and OU just in conference.

                        So why expend energy and TIME on weekends watching? But I have basically expanded it to most of college FB. It is a very corrupt sport where basically 7 teams collect almost all the talent then their conferences protect them from investigations along with all the Ref calls they get. You can be sure a Targeting, OL Holding Call, Personal Foul, Illegal Formation, etc is going to pop up if a team like UT gets close to those teams above. So we have soooooooooo little talent anyway that when you add all the calls going against us and what is the point of watching pretty much any NCAA FB? It is rigged almost as much as WWE.
                        If you’d watched the game, you might have a different opinion, as the unprecedented lack of talent you’re referring to on paper hasn’t really manifested itself on the field so far IMO. Don’t get me wrong-I’m not saying they’re loaded with talent either. But so far they haven’t looked that bad from a physical standpoint. If we avoid half the penalties and Milton could complete a pass to a wide open receiver more than 15 yards away, we win that game yesterday by two touchdowns. The special teams were excellent, and the tackling has been very good as well. I agree Hype will have to recruit better to challenge the top tier SEC teams, but so far this team doesn’t look like the least talented team I’ve seen in the last ten years, much less my lifetime.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                          #13
                          AV recently posted “Do UT fans really like this offense?”
                          A very telling title for a post. It suggests that he himself is not a fan, that he is outside of that group. I’ve never been a “go cheer for another team” type of guy and Ive found his insight on the condition of the program to be spot on over the years but the constant mentality of doom and despair is toxic.

                          Follow AV at your own risk, someone that stays glued to a OM only to bemoan is a glutton for punishment.

                          Take the shotgun out of your mouth and just say no to the constant Sodom and Gomorrah that is the world of AV.


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by rosefeathers View Post
                            AV recently posted “Do UT fans really like this offense?”
                            A very telling title for a post. It suggests that he himself is not a fan, that he is outside of that group. I’ve never been a “go cheer for another team” type of guy and Ive found his insight on the condition of the program to be spot on over the years but the constant mentality of doom and despair is toxic.

                            Follow AV at your own risk, someone that stays glued to a OM only to bemoan is a glutton for punishment.

                            Take the shotgun out of your mouth and just say no to the constant Sodom and Gomorrah that is the world of AV.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I watched about 5-6 minutes of the 3rd quarter on whoever we played last week. I really do HATE that spread winky dink offense. It only works if you have a Lamar Jackson at QB along with some average to better than average OL, TB's, and WR's. But way way way way too much depends on the QB making reads instantly and then making individual plays.

                            I have seen this offense before and it is extremely BORING plus it struggles to move the ball 80 yards without negative plays that put them in 3rd and longs- which this offense is NOT designed for. Then of course it wears the defense out.

                            So if you and others want to watch this winky dink offense over the next 4-5 years before Mott is fired for not winning, then go right ahead. Work all week and have nice fall Saturdays that you watch UT FB and then get frustrated at for all the mistakes made that prevents a team from winning that has little talent anyway. Then come December and February and you see UT ranked out past #25-30 in recruiting and left with the type talent that KY, BLM, MSU, etc are left with. Then scratch your noggin and wonder why we don't win. Then yell for a new HC every 4-5 years. Go for it! Rinse then repeat and do it again and again. Never ever learning why we can't win.
                            "INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT"

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by rosefeathers View Post
                              AV recently posted “Do UT fans really like this offense?”
                              A very telling title for a post. It suggests that he himself is not a fan, that he is outside of that group. I’ve never been a “go cheer for another team” type of guy and Ive found his insight on the condition of the program to be spot on over the years but the constant mentality of doom and despair is toxic.

                              Follow AV at your own risk, someone that stays glued to a OM only to bemoan is a glutton for punishment.

                              Take the shotgun out of your mouth and just say no to the constant Sodom and Gomorrah that is the world of AV.


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Thus the reason the AVommy was created…

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Originally posted by FLAVOLS View Post

                                Thus the reason the AVommy was created…

                                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Ok I’ll confess too..
                                  Got season tix this year. I work late nights so wife and I got a room Fri night for the noon game . We also got a parking pass for 11th St garage.

                                  Slept OK and woke up to a gorgeous East TN morning. Wife says she didn’t feel well but it will be ok. Went to alumni hall and bought a few things. Headed to parking garage. Sister and brother in law have other two season ticket seats right beside us. They rode with us to 11st. Got parked , wife said she didn’t feel well again.

                                  After 30 mins waiting for her in the porta stinky. We decided in our best interest the thing to do was to leave and take her home . We left sis and b in law to get Uber after the game.

                                  Funny thing was I wasn’t really mad. Didn’t go at all to games the last two years but was looking forward to this one. Especially honoring Majors.

                                  I support Heupel and think he will do some good things. Thought the team fought hard too , but something died in me. At the end of the game I texted my b in law and told him he could have my season tix for face ($600).

                                  I love my Vols and always will and I will watch till day I die. But as far as going to games .. I can do without the money and the time commitment. I can watch at home and turn it off when my bp rises.

                                  It’s an end of an era for me going for 40+yrs. I remember when my dad gave up our season tix in 1988 because he was tired of going. Well I did the same thing yesterday.


                                  Go Vols!

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Originally posted by sgvolfan View Post
                                    Hi. My name is SGVOLFAN, and I am a Vol addict.
                                    Hello SG.

                                    My name is Rocketcityvol, and I am a Vol addict.

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by AtlantaVol View Post

                                      I didn't and won't do any such thing with UT FB this year or likely in the years coming up. I tape them and if they win then will watch some of them. Lose and I will erase them without watching.

                                      This team has as little SEC Talent as any team in my lifetime. Mott the Heuepel isn't a recruiter. Never has been anywhere he has been. UT is nearly full for 2022 class and he is now offering and accepting commits from players UT would have never sniffed at the past 40 years. We have 1 player from the TN Top 20 players committed and maybe will get 1 more. High School Coaches, recruits, recruits family members, and the handlers/workout guys like Buck Fitzgerald just do NOT trust UT and their administration to have the back of their players or the UT Coaches like other schools do. I keep telling you all that Dondeeeeeeee just blew the program out of the water by what she did. It isn't the firing of Bammer Boy. It is how she called in the NCAA on her own school and used the NCAA to have an excuse to snatch buyout money. That blows up all the trust from Assistant Coaches around the country down to the recruits.

                                      But then they hire Mott who was NOT being considered by ANY other Power 5 school. He can't recruit and that is a death sentence at a program like UT that has to compete against AL, AU, UGA, UF, LSU, TAMA and now TX and OU just in conference.

                                      So why expend energy and TIME on weekends watching? But I have basically expanded it to most of college FB. It is a very corrupt sport where basically 7 teams collect almost all the talent then their conferences protect them from investigations along with all the Ref calls they get. You can be sure a Targeting, OL Holding Call, Personal Foul, Illegal Formation, etc is going to pop up if a team like UT gets close to those teams above. So we have soooooooooo little talent anyway that when you add all the calls going against us and what is the point of watching pretty much any NCAA FB? It is rigged almost as much as WWE.
                                      Thats the spirit! Gotta love fans that quit and or bitch about NOT watching. I guess I can mark you off the tailgate list.

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by sgvolfan View Post
                                        Hi. My name is SGVOLFAN, and I am a Vol addict.
                                        But do the Vols still get you high?

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X