We should have won this ball game....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We should have won this ball game....

Our guys played hard for 60 minutes and it wasn't a lack of effort that beat us.

Problems at quarterback. Silly penalties and mistakes. And most importantly, inability to run the ball successfully.

When you can't hit open wrs, then against good defenses, you are gonna get the run game shut down.

I agree with El Jeffe, the gump loses this game by 21+ points and his team gives up in the third quarter. Our guys fought the entire game today and it's hard to get upset when you see the effort.

We just gotta get better. A whole lot better.

Quickly.

Pittsburgh is a better team than I thought they were. Or we are worse, we'll find out in two weeks.

Why can't we all just get along?

Agree

Comment

We're not very good and Pitt is a average ACC team that won 5 games last season...They just have more experience and suck less than we do. If we had their QB we probably win by 20 but we can't have nice things like a damn winning QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnphil View Post
        We're not very good and Pitt is a average ACC team that won 5 games last season...They just have more experience and suck less than we do. If we had their QB we probably win by 20 but we can't have nice things like a damn winning QB.
        If we had our starting running back we would have won

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

From TOS: ".... Clemson and Notre Dame, and Huepel at UCF are the only teams to score 34 vs Pitt in the last 2 seasons. We were a few poorly executed plays from scoring 50 with our top two RBs out, switching QBs, and losing one of our best receivers."

Comment

Don’t be shocked if Pitt wins 10 games this year. Not a prediction, but, don’t be surprised…

Comment

Originally posted by nasavol View Post

Don’t be shocked if Pitt wins 10 games this year. Not a prediction, but, don’t be surprised…
              I agree. They have a bunch of seniors that have been used to winning 7-8 games per year. Hopefully Heupel will learn from this.

Comment

Turnovers and penalties were what doomed the Vols. Plus, as has been said...top 2 RBs...out...starting center...out...best defender...out and with all that going against us, they still put up 34 points on a top 20 defense. Hypes offense is fun and frustrating and until UT gets a QB that can execute it, its gonna be frustrating. However, even Ray Charles can see this offense has tons of potential. Hooker and Milton aint the answer and Bailey aint either based on what we have seen. I just hope Hype can go get HIS type QB in the offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannabis Vol View Post
                  Turnovers and penalties were what doomed the Vols. Plus, as has been said...top 2 RBs...out...starting center...out...best defender...out and with all that going against us, they still put up 34 points on a top 20 defense. Hypes offense is fun and frustrating and until UT gets a QB that can execute it, its gonna be frustrating. However, even Ray Charles can see this offense has tons of potential. Hooker and Milton aint the answer and Bailey aint either based on what we have seen. I just hope Hype can go get HIS type QB in the offseason.
                  You need to lay off your product canna. Harrison isn’t it might be one of the dumbest things I’ve heard. I mean he played with dumbass as a head coach last year and went 48 for 68 with 4tds and 2 int. So not much worse than the other 2 that are not true soph like he is.

Comment

Our reserves who had to play a lot today, actually played quite well. Except perhaps on the OL.

We just made a lot of mistakes and a couple of them at very critical times. 4th inches at the goal was a crusher. In spite of that, we were still in the game until Hooker threw the interception with 5:00 left.

Too many penalties, too many turnovers, and the bad plays at critical times. We don't have an experienced team and we got beat by a much more experienced team. But I never really thought they were more talented. Not overall. They were better at quarterback and defensive line, but other than that I think we were their equals.

The loss hurts, cause they are gonna be hard to come by this year.

Comment

Originally posted by nasavol View Post

Check the box for the ole “they’re gonna be a really good team by the end of the year”

up next is the “I hope OU doesn’t come poach our coach”

Pitt’s a bottom middle of the pack team if they were in the SEC

Comment

Originally posted by awinatl View Post

Check the box for the ole “they’re gonna be a really good team by the end of the year”

up next is the “I hope OU doesn’t come poach our coach”

Pitt’s a bottom middle of the pack team if they were in the SEC

I’m no sunshine pumper, you should know that. But Pitt isn’t a bad team, they aren’t GA level, but they aren’t KY either.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigorangefaninga View Post

You need to lay off your product canna. Harrison isn’t it might be one of the dumbest things I’ve heard. I mean he played with dumbass as a head coach last year and went 48 for 68 with 4tds and 2 int. So not much worse than the other 2 that are not true soph like he is.
                          Well, let's see about your love for Bailey...these are facts based on actual game play...is arm is average at best which means you are limited in pass plays because he can only use half the field...he is an average athlete and in the current system, the QB needs to be able to extend the play with an occasional ability to run and Bailey does neither. Bailey was 3rd team on 2 coaching staffs for a reason. Maybe you ought to get the stick outta your ass and smoke a doibie...you seem like you are wound to tight.

Comment

Well, let's see about your love for Bailey...these are facts based on actual game play...is arm is average at best which means you are limited in pass plays because he can only use half the field...he is an average athlete and in the current system, the QB needs to be able to extend the play with an occasional ability to run and Bailey does neither. Bailey was 3rd team on 2 coaching staffs for a reason. Maybe you ought to get the stick outta your ass and smoke a doibie...you seem like you are wound to tight.
                            Well, not being argumentative, but Milton can only throw accurately to about 10 yards past the LOS. Right now I would settle for someone that could get the ball to an open receiver 25 yards downfield.I don’t know what it is about Bailey that Poot and Hoople don’t like, but he hasn’t gotten much of a chance. Pretty sure Harrison Bailey can hand the ball off to Evans or Small, if they ever play again.

Comment

Originally posted by sgvolfan View Post

Well, not being argumentative, but Milton can only throw accurately to about 10 yards past the LOS. Right now I would settle for someone that could get the ball to an open receiver 25 yards downfield.I don’t know what it is about Bailey that Poot and Hoople don’t like, but he hasn’t gotten much of a chance. Pretty sure Harrison Bailey can hand the ball off to Evans or Small, if they ever play again.
                              When you are in a search for a quarterback why not give them all a chance so there is no doubt.

Comment

I’m no Bailey fan either, but it’s hard to deny his seventy percent completion rate against SEC competition.

Comment

Yes throwing incompletions to all points of the field is a great offensive attribute to have

Comment

This Pitt team is slop. They lost 2 DL to the NFL from last years team.

Bailey may have an average arm, but so did Andy Kelly, and Casey Clausen, and Daryl Dickey. You don’t need a Milton that throws the ball 125 MPH whether it’s an 80 yard bomb or the 6 yard pass he Nolan Ryan’t to Velvet yesterday.

Bailey has touch on his balls, no homo, and can throw receivers open. He wouldn’t have to run if he could find the open man. Using this metric, Peyton wouldn’t be a fit, but Brandon Stewart would.

There’s a reason Milton and Hooker left Mich and VT.

Milton had his chance, now it’s Hooker and Bailey time. I’d rotate them each possession and see who performs best. That person gets the start for the bi-annual sodomization in the swamp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                    It ain't nothing for me to whoop a man's ass...you might have heard of me.

IT'S A DAMN OIL FILTER, I bought it off of ye fair and square, you said it was a good 'un.

That's chickenshit just like you and ye damn business.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Morgan View Post
                                      This Pitt team is slop. They lost 2 DL to the NFL from last years team.

Bailey may have an average arm, but so did Andy Kelly, and Casey Clausen, and Daryl Dickey. You don’t need a Milton that throws the ball 125 MPH whether it’s an 80 yard bomb or the 6 yard pass he Nolan Ryan’t to Velvet yesterday.

Bailey has touch on his balls, no homo, and can throw receivers open. He wouldn’t have to run if he could find the open man. Using this metric, Peyton wouldn’t be a fit, but Brandon Stewart would.

There’s a reason Milton and Hooker left Mich and VT.

Milton had his chance, now it’s Hooker and Bailey time. I’d rotate them each possession and see who performs best. That person gets the start for the bi-annual sodomization in the swamp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                      Yep..

Comment

Yep..
                                        The only player more popular with fans than the second string quarterback, might in this case be the third string quarterback.

Often when we get our wish and they play that guy, it's a disaster. Remember Peterman in the Swamp?

Bailey's got experience.....at losing. Coach Hype's offense is predicated on the vertical passing game. Can Bailey make those throws? Can Hooker? Milton doesn't seem to be able, so we shall see.

I think Bailey's got enough arm for this offense. But is he making the right reads pre snap for the coaches to have confidence in him? That might be the issue, they don't seem to want to play him for some reason.

Milton is likely fine and will be back next week.

Comment

Working...
                                        X