Makes no sense why he left.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/te...sfer-decision/

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Steal your face right off your head.

Originally posted by Saint Smokey View Post
    Makes no sense why he left.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/te...sfer-decision/

Makes sense when you realize he didn't play much last year and was dropping on the depth chart with several Transfer DT's coming in. I don't think he saw much of a future playing a lot of snaps at UT and I don't get the feeling UT was losing any sleep over losing him.

He is another in a list of UT recruits who came to UT injured from their SR year in High School and just never developed.
    "INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT"

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantaVol View Post

Makes sense when you realize he didn't play much last year and was dropping on the depth chart with several Transfer DT's coming in. I don't think he saw much of a future playing a lot of snaps at UT and I don't get the feeling UT was losing any sleep over losing him.

He is another in a list of UT recruits who came to UT injured from their SR year in High School and just never developed.
      Agreed. Good post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He should do well there.

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantaVol View Post

The kids that transferred in were to add depth. We lost a lot on the dline. I know he took a step back last year, but he was solid the year prior. I think he would have seen a lot of PT this year if he had stayed. Got to be another reason we're missing.

Comment

Might be that Coach Garner does not tolerate slackers.

Comment

Originally posted by unclejesse View Post
              Might be that Coach Garner does not tolerate slackers.
              That's what I'm wondering. Seems like Garner ran off most of the dline with any experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Smokey View Post
                That's what I'm wondering. Seems like Garner ran off most of the dline with any experience.

Maybe that "experience" is the reason Garner ran them off? Experience isn't necessarily a good thing when it's the wrong kind of experience, or that those who left were too stubborn to listen to the new coach. I know in at least one of the cases of players leaving it was the latter.
                Pissin' in the wind, bettin' on a losing friend
                Makin' the same mistakes, we swore we'd never make again
                And we're pissin' in the wind, but it's blowing on all our friends
                We're gonna sit and grin and tell our grandchildren

Jerry Jeff Walker, RIP

I'm gonna live forever
                I'm gonna cross that river
                I'm gonna catch tomorrow now

Billy Joe Shaver, RIP

Comment

Working...
                X