• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clemson to SEC?

Please no.................

https://www.outkick.com/espn-analyst...utkick+7+30+21
    Love the stars and bars.

[IMG]https://64.media.tumblr.com/6439c4a4ccfc6da865ba38ba4d0c7202/2909fa5772ee6c0c-8c/s64x64u_c1/60cc19317a618dd418b7b9974727351ffd1a865f.jpg[/IMG]

Put them in a pod with turd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by smooth View Post
      Put them in a pod with turd

Dabo might not run his mouth so much when he is Saban's bitch.

Comment

Clemson would be no better than UT in the SEC after about 3 years in the conference. They made a LIVING dominating the middling ACC EXACTLY like FSU did in the 90's. If FSU and Miami were a fraction of the programs they were... Clemson would be fighting VT for 3-4th place annually.

Comment

How about Vols to the ACC? Trade places with Clemson?

Comment

Originally posted by jeff1vol View Post
            Clemson would be no better than UT in the SEC after about 3 years in the conference. They made a LIVING dominating the middling ACC EXACTLY like FSU did in the 90's. If FSU and Miami were a fraction of the programs they were... Clemson would be fighting VT for 3-4th place annually.
            Clemson has a well established perch right now that is significantly higher than TNs. It’s pretty simple …. The elite guys who don’t want to play for Saban would end up at Clemson. Now being in the ACC made it much easier to establish that high perch but now that it’s established Clemson ain’t regressing anytime soon

Comment

Originally posted by etowahnative View Post
              Clem's Son adds NOTHING to the SEC. From a small state that already has USCe in it. If you added Clem's Son then you have to add one more team but my pairs below sort of go together as pairs.

I think if the SEC is adding 2 more teams then the rankings of preferences would be......

#1 Miami and FSU (Gayturds would have a hissy fit but fuck em)

#2 UNC and NC State (Kensucky would have a hissy fit but fuck em)

#3 UVA and VA Tech
              Last edited by AtlantaVol; July 30, 2021, 08:35 AM.
              "INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT"

Comment

I envision that we will ultimately end up with a 28-32 team conference that is a culmination of the SEC, Big 12 and ACC and then there being a second conference which is a culmination of the Big 10, PAC 12, ND and others.

Each conference will ultimately determine a conference champion in some playoff format and the two conference champions squaring off in a College Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthVol View Post
                  I envision that we will ultimately end up with a 28-32 team conference that is a culmination of the SEC, Big 12 and ACC and then there being a second conference which is a culmination of the Big 10, PAC 12, ND and others.

Each conference will ultimately determine a conference champion in some playoff format and the two conference champions squaring off in a College Super Bowl.
                  Just damn dumb

Comment

My feelings about the rat bastard tiglets is well known, but that said, they and F$U make more sense if the SEC continues to add teams than any other schools. They just fit.
                    Pissin' in the wind, bettin' on a losing friend
                    Makin' the same mistakes, we swore we'd never make again
                    And we're pissin' in the wind, but it's blowing on all our friends
                    We're gonna sit and grin and tell our grandchildren

Jerry Jeff Walker, RIP

I'm gonna live forever
                    I'm gonna cross that river
                    I'm gonna catch tomorrow now

Billy Joe Shaver, RIP

Comment

I don’t know about $$$ to the conference as far as football vs. basketball in the ACC, but it’s always been a basketball conference first, even with Clemson and in times past FSU winning football championships. I think of football to them like basketball is to the SEC — outside of Kentucky, and occasionally Florida or Arkansas, basketball is 2nd as far as championships go.

So would an ACC program want to leave for a traditionally weaker basketball league, even if football is that particular program’s bellcow? I don’t see it on the surface. I guess it depends on what their cut of the pie is from the NCAA tourney, which always has several ACC schools in it.

Plus as mentioned before, would the top team in a sport want to leave an “easier” conference in which to win championships for one that poses more of a threat? Would UK leave the SEC for the ACC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by egbert View Post
                        I don’t know about $$$ to the conference as far as football vs. basketball in the ACC, but it’s always been a basketball conference first, even with Clemson and in times past FSU winning football championships. I think of football to them like basketball is to the SEC — outside of Kentucky, and occasionally Florida or Arkansas, basketball is 2nd as far as championships go.

So would an ACC program want to leave for a traditionally weaker basketball league, even if football is that particular program’s bellcow? I don’t see it on the surface. I guess it depends on what their cut of the pie is from the NCAA tourney, which always has several ACC schools in it.

Plus as mentioned before, would the top team in a sport want to leave an “easier” conference in which to win championships for one that poses more of a threat? Would UK leave the SEC for the ACC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        The issue is that college football as we have known it is done. We're about to see a drastic reduction in whatever the current bowl subdivision will be called. The MTSUs, Tulanes, and UABs are going to be gone and about 60-70 of the current 135 or so teams left in the big division. So we're going to see about 5 "conferences" max, and teams that want in are going to need to claim a spot in those leagues. I'm not sure the ACC as it exists now will still be there.

Pissin' in the wind, bettin' on a losing friend
                        Makin' the same mistakes, we swore we'd never make again
                        And we're pissin' in the wind, but it's blowing on all our friends
                        We're gonna sit and grin and tell our grandchildren

Jerry Jeff Walker, RIP

I'm gonna live forever
                        I'm gonna cross that river
                        I'm gonna catch tomorrow now

Billy Joe Shaver, RIP

Comment

Originally posted by egbert View Post
                          I don’t know about $$$ to the conference as far as football vs. basketball in the ACC, but it’s always been a basketball conference first, even with Clemson and in times past FSU winning6 football championships. I think of football to them like basketball is to the SEC — outside of Kentucky, and occasionally Florida or Arkansas, basketball is 2nd as far as championships go.

The SEC has made huge advances in basketball over the last few years. The ACC used to be far superior to the SEC in basketball, but it's coming close to parity between the conferences now. Look at yesterday's NBA draft. There were first round draft picks from Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, as well as Kentucky. It's no longer UK and everybody else, so staying in the ACC for basketball isn't such a big deal now.

Clemson is a football school in a historically basketball oriented conference. The ACC money split is horrible and won't get better, as they are stuck in a media rights contract until 2036 that only pays a little better than half of what the other P5 conferences pay.

Clemson (and FSU) runs the risk of falling further and further behind SEC teams in quality of facilities that are bought with TV money. But I don't think that Clemson is all that attractive to the SEC. It won't bring us a new TV market or a better presence in a big TV market, like FSU. I think we add FSU and UNC or Virginia. Or some combination of those teams

Miami is a small private school and we already got one of those. The ACC has a lot of those kind of schools and that's their media rights problem. Small private schools and small state universities mean fewer eyeballs interested in their sports programs. The SEC is filled with big flagship universities. so is the Big 10 and PAC 12.

Why can't we all just get along?

Comment

Originally posted by jeff1vol View Post
                            You have surely lost your mind.

Comment

The idea of adding UNC and NC State, and UVA and VA Tech might be a good idea.
                              ~Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage~

Comment

Originally posted by WolfDawg View Post
                                The idea of adding UNC and NC State, and UVA and VA Tech might be a good idea.
                                You're full of ideas huh.

Comment

LSU/MIZZ/AU/Clemson....the Tiger Pod. Muh Tigers.

Comment

Working...
                                  X