Found my Valhalla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found my Valhalla

Touring Italy at the moment and wandered into a little bar in Venice called the Devil’s Forest Pub…wanted to watch some golf for a couple hours.

They’ve got a 14-pt buck hanging on the wall next to a Power T flag, and the owner is running off women & children coming in wanting to use the toilet.

And yes, those are police and fire badges from all over the states on the wall, and there are dozens others not pictured.

This is my paradise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "A lot of times, we have no idea what we're doing, but, the defense doesn't know, that we don't know what we're doing. Now that's next level." - Peyton Manning

Originally posted by Del Griffith View Post
    Touring Italy at the moment and wandered into a little bar in Venice called the Devil’s Forest Pub…wanted to watch some golf for a couple hours.

They’ve got a 14-pt buck hanging on the wall next to a Power T flag, and the owner is running off women & children coming in wanting to use the toilet.

And yes, those are police and fire badges from all over the states on the wall, and there are dozens others not pictured.

This is my paradise.

Where is the license plate from? Kinda jealous, Italy is on my bucket list to visit. But I’m a little like Clint when it comes to airplanes. Enjoy your trip.

Comment

Cool.

Comment

Stumbling onto a little gold mine in a foreign country….Priceless!

Comment

Originally posted by FLAVOLS View Post
          Stumbling onto a little gold mine in a foreign country….Priceless!
          I'd love to know the story of how the UT flag got there.....
          Mine's Bigger

Comment

Why are the signs on the wall in English?

Are you actually in Italy, or in Venice, Tennessee?
            Why can't we all just get along?

Comment

While you are in Venice don't miss getting a drink and sandwich at Bacaro De' Bischeri. It's near the Rialto Bridge across the Grand Canal from Devil's Forest Pub. Best sandwich that you will ever have on your trip and the beer or wine is great also. Safe travels on your journey. Best check the hours of operation as it may be siesta (pisolino) time.
              Last edited by Vespid; July 16, 2021, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vespid View Post
                While you are in Venice don't miss getting a drink and sandwich at Bacaro De' Bischeri. It's near the Rialto Bridge across the Grand Canal from Devil's Forest Pub. Best sandwich that you will ever have on your trip and the beer or wine is great also. Safe travels on your journey. Best check the hours of operation as it may be siesta (pisolino) time.
                Shit!! One day too late…leaving on the Frecciarossa tomorrow morning.

"A lot of times, we have no idea what we're doing, but, the defense doesn't know, that we don't know what we're doing. Now that's next level." - Peyton Manning

Comment

Originally posted by nasavol View Post

Where is the license plate from? Kinda jealous, Italy is on my bucket list to visit. But I’m a little like Clint when it comes to airplanes. Enjoy your trip.
                  I’ve already told him that I don’t know how long the boat ride would be but he can sail over and we will roam the country by train in about 15 years once he retires.

Comment

I’ve already told him that I don’t know how long the boat ride would be but he can sail over and we will roam the country by train in about 15 years once he retires.

Are you guys doing the Mediterranean cruise, or did you guys just go on a European tour?

Comment

Originally posted by nasavol View Post

Are you guys doing the Mediterranean cruise, or did you guys just go on a European tour?
                      Italy “tour” I guess you could say. Flew into Venice, heading to Naples/Amalfi for the weekend, then Rome for a week. This is my soul country.

Comment

Italy “tour” I guess you could say. Flew into Venice, heading to Naples/Amalfi for the weekend, then Rome for a week. This is my soul country.

Have fun, see ya when you get back home.

Comment

EABOIDS

Comment

Enjoy the train ride, you will get to see a lot of the countryside. Lots of things to see in Naples and the Amalfi Coast is worth the side trip. Mount Vesuvius and Pompeii are worth the journey alone but there are other great sites to see. When in Rome watch out for petty thieves such as pick pockets.

Comment

That is definitely on my bucket as well. Hopefully next year. I'm envious.

Comment

Deer Del,

Please post pics of live white tail cervi as they are roaming museums and beaches and bars.

Thanks in Advance,
                                CW

Comment

8 1/2 hours on Delta. If we go in, we are going in. So many places to see/experience, and jet powered aircraft are the only reasonable way to get there.

Done the cruise ship thing several times, mostly you see.....the cruise ship and that weirdo from Cincinnati.

Been to Italy three times since 1999 (got canceled last year for some reason!) all on our own. Always have an itinerary, but like to freestyle sometimes.

Hope everything settles down eventually (like next spring), have a long list still of places we would like to experience. Del has the great priviledge at the moment of touring without intense crowds. A big plus for sure.
                                  "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." General Mattis

Comment

Neat! Have safe travels.

Need to get that flag hanging the right way. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by coachwatch View Post
                                      Deer Del,

Please post pics of live white tail cervi as they are roaming museums and beaches and bars.

Thanks in Advance,
                                      CW
                                      What time is it there Delato?

Comment

6 hours ahead of eastern time
                                        Elvis said find em young and Fred said old fashion girls are fun

Comment

Working...
                                        X