• Show
Clear All

MLB All Star game historic low TV ratings

Good job ManFred you fucking idiot.

https://thehill.com/opinion/civil-ri...tory-heres-why

Originally posted by autumnleafvol View Post

The day they moved it to Denver....I lost all interest. That was sort of the final straw with MLB and me, I'm afraid......
    Mine's Bigger

Comment

I flipped over there last night, saw those hideous uniforms they were wearing, and turned the channel.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

All Star Games and World Series continue to set marks for low viewership. MLB has gotten very boring with pitching dominance, tremendous number of strikeouts mixed in with a few HR's, extreme defense shifts where usual hits turn into routine ground outs to an infielder playing shallow Right Field, and then the WOKENESS of pro sports where they forget their audience and play up to Leftist politicians.

Unlike the NBA and NFL, the majority (vast majority) of MLB Players are either USA honkeys, Hispanics, or a few Japanese and USA Blacks. So naturally your audience for TV viewership and attendance is going to be predominant Whites in attendance and then Whites and Hispanics as to viewership on TV. So when you suck up to the BLM and Progressive DemonCrats by acting woke, then don't be surprised if your audience of honkeys in the USA and Hispanics all over, balk at your game. Especially when it has turned very boring anyway. The players today don't give a shit if they lose or not in an All Star Game unlike years ago. I thought making the winner of the game get Home Field World Series advantage was something that should have continued.
        "INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT"

Comment

Originally posted by Orangebutt View Post

The day they moved it to Denver....I lost all interest. That was sort of the final straw with MLB and me, I'm afraid......
          And according to the article Colorado has more restrictive voting laws than Georgia.

ManFred is a Harvard lawyer, pretty much explains it.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Comment

And according to the article Colorado has more restrictive voting laws than Georgia.

If the NBA or even the NFL wants to be woke then go for it. Large part of their attendance and TV viewership are Black and woke wealthy honkeys. So if they suck up to them they are making a business decision that Middle Class Whites and non woke Blacks not attending their games or watching them, won't have much of an affect on their bottom lines. Maybe they are right or maybe they are wrong but can't argue they aren't sucking up to their audience- especially the NBA.

But as I said in the other post, MLB is almost exclusively USA Whites and Hispanic players with a smattering of Blacks and Japanese. So one would think that they would suck up to their audience or even player demographics. But instead they suck up to BLM progressive activist and piss off their core audience. Now Manfred just announced this week that MLB is spending around 150 MILLION bucks to try to get more Black Managers/Coaches/Front Office members and more Black players at younger levels by supplying equipment. Idiot thinks that will improve attendance and viewership??? I don't think so. It is like he wants to have Affirmative Action on Manager/Coaches/Front Office/and even Players. Good luck with that shit Manfred!
            "INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT"

Comment

Exactly....that was the irony. I told Delta the same thing in their last "how can we make things better" questionnaire.....STAY THE HELL OUT OF POLITICS!!!
              Mine's Bigger

Comment

Fitting, given it was stolen from Atlanta.

I didn't watch one second of the entire fiasco.
                Pissin' in the wind, bettin' on a losing friend
                Makin' the same mistakes, we swore we'd never make again
                And we're pissin' in the wind, but it's blowing on all our friends
                We're gonna sit and grin and tell our grandchildren

Jerry Jeff Walker, RIP

I'm gonna live forever
                I'm gonna cross that river
                I'm gonna catch tomorrow now

Billy Joe Shaver, RIP

Comment

Mighty Manfred, the wonder dog. Cohort of Tom Terrific. Any of you honkeys old enough to remember this? Oh yeah, GTH MLB. Same with NBA and NFL. If I watch, i would be paying reparations.

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantaVol View Post

All Star Games and World Series continue to set marks for low viewership. MLB has gotten very boring with pitching dominance, tremendous number of strikeouts mixed in with a few HR's, extreme defense shifts where usual hits turn into routine ground outs to an infielder playing shallow Right Field, and then the WOKENESS of pro sports where they forget their audience and play up to Leftist politicians.

Unlike the NBA and NFL, the majority (vast majority) of MLB Players are either USA honkeys, Hispanics, or a few Japanese and USA Blacks. So naturally your audience for TV viewership and attendance is going to be predominant Whites in attendance and then Whites and Hispanics as to viewership on TV. So when you suck up to the BLM and Progressive DemonCrats by acting woke, then don't be surprised if your audience of honkeys in the USA and Hispanics all over, balk at your game. Especially when it has turned very boring anyway. The players today don't give a shit if they lose or not in an All Star Game unlike years ago. I thought making the winner of the game get Home Field World Series advantage was something that should have continued.
                    I agree with a lot of this. I watched the game. It was the only baseball on, so what else was I going to do? I didn't see any players kneeling or anything like that. In my opinion, baseball is the least "woke" of the big three. At least the players. Some of the top brass (looking at you Manfred) may try to toe that line, but I haven't really noticed it carrying over to the players on the field.

It seems like those Central and South American players you mentioned have seen and lived through truly oppressive governments and realize how blessed the people in America are.

I'm kind of mixed on the All Star game determining the home field in the series. On one hand, it gives them something to play for. But on the other hand, it takes it out of the hands of the most deserving team.

MLB is finally stepping up and trying to police pitchers' use of "sticky stuff" and bring spin rates back down to more human level. Hopefully that will help produce some more offense. They also purchased Rawlings a few years ago so that they could have complete control of the baseball production. There is always room to adjust manufacturing to produce a more "hitter friendly" ball.

As for the defensive shifts, I'm not sure what you do about that. It is just a byproduct of teams having massive amounts of data on their opponents and playing to the odds.

Comment

Baseball is a dying sport, has been for years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Volgustus McCrae View Post

I agree with a lot of this. I watched the game. It was the only baseball on, so what else was I going to do? I didn't see any players kneeling or anything like that. In my opinion, baseball is the least "woke" of the big three. At least the players. Some of the top brass (looking at you Manfred) may try to toe that line, but I haven't really noticed it carrying over to the players on the field.

It seems like those Central and South American players you mentioned have seen and lived through truly oppressive governments and realize how blessed the people in America are.

I'm kind of mixed on the All Star game determining the home field in the series. On one hand, it gives them something to play for. But on the other hand, it takes it out of the hands of the most deserving team.

MLB is finally stepping up and trying to police pitchers' use of "sticky stuff" and bring spin rates back down to more human level. Hopefully that will help produce some more offense. They also purchased Rawlings a few years ago so that they could have complete control of the baseball production. There is always room to adjust manufacturing to produce a more "hitter friendly" ball.

As for the defensive shifts, I'm not sure what you do about that. It is just a byproduct of teams having massive amounts of data on their opponents and playing to the odds.

I wasnt paying close attention but I heard something on the radio about eliminating the shifts.

Comment

I wasnt paying close attention but I heard something on the radio about eliminating the shifts.
                          I guess you could add some rules saying:

1) You must have a two infielders between 1st and 2nd. And two between 2nd and 3rd
                          2) Infielders can't be deeper than the infield dirt

at the time the pitcher releases the ball

Comment

I guess you could add some rules saying:

1) You must have a two infielders between 1st and 2nd. And two between 2nd and 3rd
                            2) Infielders can't be deeper than the infield dirt

at the time the pitcher releases the ball
                            I don't really have a problem with the shifts. It's up to the batter to do something about it......
                            Mine's Bigger

Comment

It was so woke, the MVP, couldn’t speak a word of English.

Comment

Originally posted by Volle View Post
                                It’s so woke that a black man apologized for pointing out this fact ^^^^, that’s pretty woke.

Comment

Originally posted by Volle View Post
                                  Vlad Jr speaks English.

Comment

Originally posted by nasavol View Post

It’s so woke that a black man apologized for pointing out this fact ^^^^, that’s pretty woke.
                                    Stephen A Smith was talking about Ohtani. Smith works for ESPN. He doesn't represent the MLB, its players, or its fans.

Comment

Stephen A Smith was talking about Ohtani. Smith works for ESPN. He doesn't represent the MLB, its players, or its fans.
                                      Still doesn’t change the fact that MLB is just as woke as the rest…

Comment

Originally posted by nasavol View Post
                                        Baseball is a dying sport, has been for years now.
                                        Yep. I would not have watched the game if it were in my backyard.

Comment

Working...
                                        X