Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LWS is Being VERY quiet.....

Originally posted by JoeVols View Post
    LWS isn't being quiet. He's already recklessly speculated that there was "more to this" but then claimed to not have details, which was incredibly irresponsible....but then he was a fulmer guy so who knows what his motives were for posting that.
    Let me put it in a context even you should understand - FUCK OFF ASSHOLE! The only one who has an axe to grind is you. If you can't understand what that thread meant then you are a complete fucking moron.

Comment

LWS isn't being quiet. He's already recklessly speculated that there was "more to this" but then claimed to not have details, which was incredibly irresponsible....but then he was a fulmer guy so who knows what his motives were for posting that.
      Please think before you post...you did a bad job of it with this post....LWS is a fine member of this board you need to understand it....

Comment

Re: There may be "something" out there

If i was a kid i might just say"No shit, really.....hell, I might have to give these Tennessee guys a 2nd look...." ;)

Originally posted by humbletx View Post
        iand don't have to make a pitch at a potential recruit with some bullshit like "L Kiffin is sending girls to various HS games to help out recruiting".
        "Tool Bandits Bitch!" - from my boy, the late but still great B-Mazey

Comment

Re: Slime is well--- a Slime

Originally posted by AtlantaVol View Post
          All you said is true but to just clarify for those who don't get what he is doing:

1) Bama, UF, and LSU are all loaded for bear talent wise. Everyone else is playing catch up and it isn't even close (except maybe in UGA's case).

2) JUCO's already have a higher standard in the SEC by another Slimeball rule a few years ago- an extra class is needed.

3) New to this year is the Slime-28 rule which states you can sign only 28 guys and still only get a maximum of 25 into school each year. So this puts a LOT of extra pressure on the UT's of the world with academic risk that the UF, LSU, and Bammer teams don't have to worry as much about since they already have talent on their teams. This especially hurts JUCO's in the SEC and why Kiffin and others really really really want the January qualifier as you KNOW he is eligible (or NOT) right now instead of it hitting you like a Brick in August. So if you sign 28 and have 6-7 academic casualty's along with a few Nukeese Richardsons & Mike Edwards in the class then you essentially are being put on Slime probation with less than 85 players on your team.

Bottom line is a HC like Kiffin coming in and trying to wipe out the dead wood (14 players left or booted) and you are short on depth and talent THEN the Slime Rules on JUCO's and the Slime 28 Limit really put a crimp on your rebuilding job. And at UT he really has it in for us anyway which just compounds the difficulty.
          I'm not much of a conspiracy-theorist, except in the cases of Jews, Iraq+ The Axis of Evil, UFOs, and anything to do with the federal government, so I'm naive enough to believe that the intent of these rulings was to keep the SEC from holding "tryouts" by oversigning and then "running-off" student-athletes that didn't pan out, to stay within the 85-man limit.

Could be I'm wrong, but seems the intention to me, as well as to foster the import of keeping your signees in school, and to keep schools from signing kids that probably won't make it for long academically. By not taking so many of these, this further has the added benefit of possibly reducing the pressure on the academic side to keep them in school- hard enough as it is, without the JUCO end. However, the rules do have all the effects though that have been discussed, inadvertent as these are. It seems that the trade-offs favored the conservative approach to "the deciders."
          Last edited by SmokyTheBigOrangeHoundDog; December 14, 2009, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by humbletx View Post
            its nonsense to think this kinda stuff impacts recruiting at Tennessee. It doesn't.

#1 - most of the coaches in the SEC are good recruiters - and don't have to make a pitch at a potential recruit with some bullshit like "L Kiffin is sending girls to various HS games to help out recruiting". Even imagining some coach doing something like that is absurd..

No what they would do is get a media contact to write a hatchet piece to set off a shit storm and then they would tell the recruit, "look what you are about to get yourself into son. Play it safe and come play for us."

I am not saying this happened but it wouldn't exactly be a surprise if it did either.

#2 - every now and then you'll some yappin' about some HC being a good CEO - well think of the head of the SEC as the CEO - which from any business view is what that job entails. As the CEO he is running what are basically 12 SBU's with an 12 AD and a senior manager, aka head football coach. Now, if you have a senior manager, like Lane Kiffin taking a shot, a very public shot, at another senior manager like Urban Meyer - well ya better be able to back that shit up.. Or as the CEO, tell that senior manager to STFU.

Which is why Spurrier got hit so hard for gigging Lane about not taking his test.

#3 - now as the CEO of the SEC - *if* one of your business units is walking the fine line and could fall in the sh*t pot from the regulatory standpoint (i.e. the NCAA) hell yes he has reasons to be concerned and yes unhappy.

Which is why Bama is in the commissioner's doghouse and can't buy a call from a ref. I mean, it's not like they just had a big textbook scandal or anything. Is it?

#4 - as the CEO you'll put up with a lot of sh*t if a business unit is making the an industry leader and making your organization grow. 7-5 doesn't fit that bill.

If UT were a stock it would be a growth stock. A 40% increase in earnings/wins is pretty good by anyone's standards. Not to mention the brand visibility that is being built up. Usually the growing subdivisions of a company would be getting most of the attention and resources vs. the FL's or Bama's who are paying a steady dividend but don't have any growth potential.
            While we are making ridiculous, bullshit analogies let me add another.

Slive is to a CEO as the BTK killer was to codes enforcement. If you just look at the nominal title of their jobs then you are missing the entire pathology that is at work behind the scenes. Slive likes to push people around in a public fashion. He thinks he is better than the good ol' boys who buy the tickets and the hard chargers who run the programs. How we got to a point where we would let an officious little prick like him institute rules and impose punishments by personal fiat is something that is completely inexplicable.

I agree that nothing that has been revealed so far should affect recruiting in the least. What COULD potentially affect recruiting is all of the baseless speculation in the press and amongst the fans that serves to form a black cloud over the program when we should be basking in the sunshine of a reinvigorated program.
            Endorsements from fellow Monvolians:

Wagee - "U a friggin damn genius" "great evaluation"

Comment

The only way to explain how...

Alabama has gotten off relatively lightly in the past three years (one would think given their history the guy in Athens would be looked at more closely, i.e., who's funding him?), is Slive. His stated goal was to "have no teams on probation (yet bama is). He'd better go to bat for us like he would any other.

Originally posted by AtlantaVol View Post
              I have never gotten into all the UT paranoid comments of "ESPN Hates Us". But I do believe the SEC Commish Slimebag does, in fact, hate UT and it didn't start with Kiffin. However, Kiffins brash comments have just given him the excuse to either go after us or to sit silently when a SEC member is getting vilified in the National Press over nothing. Slimebag not only doesn't have our back, IMO he would love to see all kinds of sheeyat go on at UT.

Another thing Slimebag did just last year, was to make a limit of 28 signee's a year. Combine that with his draconian JUCO rules that no other major conference has, and it goes a LONG way in protecting those teams who already have talent like UF and Bammer and LSU. Makes it far more difficult to make up ground when you can't fill in with many JUCO's and you can only sign 28 guys including those Juco's. This means if the JUCO's and high school guys don't get their grades in order then you might end up with a class closer to 20enrollee's in August. Gives no room for errors in recruiting for UT and makes the Nukeese and Edwards dismissals hurt even more.

Comment

Originally posted by QuickdrawMcVols View Post
                Joe, the reasons that LWS posted his thread have been spelled out for you multiple times. It isnt that hard.

This entire community, being the MOST anti-fulmer message board on the internet (besides maybe bammersonline), has refuted your assertion that he posted that thread to stir up angst against Kiffin... what else do you want? I know it's never stopped you before when everyonein the room disagreed with you, so I dont imagine it would stop you here. Just use your head.
                Just so I understand, "everyone in the room" believes he's hearing from "multiple sources" that there's more to it, but nobody is giving him any details. And this was said because he had speculated before that there was nothing to it, but now he might be wrong. But he's not sure because none of these multiple sources are giving him details. But he's hearing there's more to it.

Someone just confirm this for me and I'll consider the case closed. Just wanna be sure I'm using my head here. Thanks!

Comment

Maybe it's an Occam's razor type thing...

...nothing to report, or he's out of pocket.

Comment

Just so I understand, "everyone in the room" believes he's hearing from "multiple sources" that there's more to it, but nobody is giving him any details. And this was said because he had speculated before that there was nothing to it, but now he might be wrong. But he's not sure because none of these multiple sources are giving him details. But he's hearing there's more to it.

Someone just confirm this for me and I'll consider the case closed. Just wanna be sure I'm using my head here. Thanks!
                    hi Joe, poor choice of words I used. Obviously confused you. (Been a while, I missed you my friend LOL)

Sure I'm hearing some things but not prepared to speak to unless it becomes obvious those facts are about to be dropped. Hopefully, they all go away and do not become facts.

Sorry for the fire storm... it apears this is going to drag for a while..
                    Favorite Player!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LWSVOL View Post
                      hi Joe, poor choice of words I used. Obviously confused you. (Been a while, I missed you my friend LOL)

Sure I'm hearing some things but not prepared to speak to unless it becomes obvious those facts are about to be dropped. Hopefully, they all go away and do not become facts.

Oh so actually, you really ARE getting details, you just don't feel it's proper to share them.....but it's entirely proper to issue a "there's more out there' declaration X-files style. Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Joe, now is a good time to remind you to fuckoff if you don't like what LWS is saying. He has far more clout than you at this point.
                        Elvis said find em young and Fred said old fashion girls are fun

Comment

Originally posted by Vol-in-Atl View Post
                          Our final record is beside the point. Kiffin has already done wonders for the SEC in publicity and by drawing high profile coaching talent to the league. Its not as though Kiffin mouthing off about Meyer has diminished the appeal of the SEC, on the contrary it has raised interest. I bet the TV audience for this year's Florida-Tennessee game was at least as good, and probably better than last year's. And bringing coaches like Monte Kiffin into the SEC has upped the ante for other schools to bring in better coaches, and that can only do wonders for the league. As far the regulatory aspect of it, so far there's no smoke, fire, legs, or whatever you want to call it.
                          "drawing high profile coaching talent to the league" - vs a basic reshuffling of existing coaching talent in the league from one school to another..

Mullen - UF to MSU
                          Chizik - roundly critized for his two years at ISU - made his fame in the conference..
                          Miles - hires a DC from within the conference.

former NFLers can be found everywhere - EdO was a position coach in NO for example.. Petrino, Saban dabbled in the Not So Fun League, and *if* you look around the college game, Mississippi State had a HC with a sterling rep in the NFL, Vandy had a HC with multiple Superbowl rings.

Comment

Larry, without revealing any specifics, would you characterize the stuff you are hearing as strongly as Tony B? All this talk of Tark the Shark recruiting tactics, etc.? Are the potential revelations/rumors really that alarming?

Comment

Remember the "Wild Accusations" thread from this summer? Some character named John1998 started posting derogatory rumors about several staff members on a govolsxtra article. LWS said that some of the stuff wasnt "made up" but was posted in the worst light possible. There are obviously people close to the program who are stirring up shit and blame Kiffin for Fulmer's firing, as if that makes any sense whatsoever.
                              "My dreams are all dead and buried...
                              Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode.
                              When God comes and calls me to his kingdom,
                              I'm takin' all you sons o' bitches when I go."

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipKDick View Post
                                Larry, without revealing any specifics, would you characterize the stuff you are hearing as strongly as Tony B? All this talk of Tark the Shark recruiting tactics, etc.? Are the potential revelations/rumors really that alarming?
                                stuff I'm hearing could be serious if it turns out to be factual but that is still TBD.. I just don't want to delve too far unless something because fact.

the CPF talk is a joke...
                                Favorite Player!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by clintonaldo View Post
                                  Joe, now is a good time to remind you to fuckoff if you don't like what LWS is saying. He has far more clout than you at this point.
                                  Actually, I think I'll just continue to post my opinions. But thanks anyway.

Comment

stuff I'm hearing could be serious if it turns out to be factual but that is still TBD.. I just don't want to delve too far unless something because fact.

the CPF talk is a joke...
                                    Great, just great. I just hope nobody outside of the Vol Pride girls directed or ok'd this. I hope Byrnes is an isolated incident but I am guessing it is not. The NCAA is going to really revamp/clarify it's policies regarding the social networking sites, they are problematic in that communication is so easy and so encompassing. A directive to use facebook as a recruiting tool when facebook itself does not have non-contact periods is troublesome at a minimum. How to control such a rampant tool? Can you? End the hostess program maybe but that doesn't cure the problem.

NCCA by-laws currently apply to communication standards of 15 years ago and need to be amended so they reflect the current environment.

Comment

Working...
                                    X