A lot of vibes that the defense is really going to be good this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RewindVOL View Post
    We'll see who's right. I say the Offense will be explosive. You don't. The difference in the O-Line play from Worley to Dobbs was incredible - Dobbs masking it or not. I would call their play, considering how they started, stellar.

Everyone knows you've been full of shit ever since you got here. "I went here, I went there." Blah blah blah. You don't know shit. Your generalities got old long ago. You produce nothing. GTFO!!
    Hey...here is a idea...dont read my shit if it pisses you off so bad. You sound like a lil scrawny jock sniffer who has never been man enough to put a jock on and walk on a field. Anyone who could sit there and watch a football game and see that UT's line was "stellar" has zero clue what is going on. So...just keep running your lil pecker gnat mouth and prove what most already see...you are clueless. Now...carry on with your ignorance...every village needs an idiot and you can be ours! LMAO!!!!!

Comment

The defense is certainly going to be much more athletic and have eons more speed than last years, but there will still be a lot of young guys on the field - all be they talented young guys - on the field at any one time. They will make young guy mistakes, but I will take that as long as the all out effort is there, which I believe it will be.

Going to be a fun year.
      Just call me Mike Honcho

Comment

A lot of vibes that the defense is really going to be good this year

Originally posted by Coach Tripod View Post
        Hey...here is a idea...dont read my shit if it pisses you off so bad. You sound like a lil scrawny jock sniffer who has never been man enough to put a jock on and walk on a field. Anyone who could sit there and watch a football game and see that UT's line was "stellar" has zero clue what is going on. So...just keep running your lil pecker gnat mouth and prove what most already see...you are clueless. Now...carry on with your ignorance...every village needs an idiot and you can be ours! LMAO!!!!!
        Oh I'm not pissed. You're the one pissed. You don't shit. "Butch has shoes on today and he's blowing a whistle at practice! They all look tired." Blah blah blah. Coach blah. Lulz. End of story.
        Last edited by RewindVOL; August 14, 2015, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Summary is for you not to answer a rhetorical question, especially if someone tells you it is a rhetorical question. Now did I spell it out good enough for you to understand there, Whooshy?

now that is funny right there

Comment

To summarize, there is a lot to legitimately worry about with our offense

1) The OL. They might not be average.

2) Dobbs. His accuracy and deep ball need to improve.

3) The WR's. Lots of talent, but who will stretch the field? Can they boost their YAC and make explosive plays?

4) Depth: There isn't enough.

The POTENTIAL is there to be a very good offense, but a lot has to gel, and a lot of players need to take the next step that they're capable of- on the field.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tatar salad View Post

3) The WR's. Lots of talent, but who will stretch the field? Can they boost their YAC and make explosive plays?

The POTENTIAL is there to be a very good offense, but a lot has to gel, and a lot of players need to take the next step that they're capable of- on the field.
              +1. My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by tatar salad View Post

+1 Thats my feelings as well. The sheep that are expecting immediate improvement from the OL because Dobbs is great, should go vist the post made by FLA Vols. Its a great example of why its so important that the OL learns what everyone is suppose to be doing. The breakdown of Missouri game is great to look at!

Comment

Yeah but we had Crompy. Our offense will not be inept. I think the run game will be very good.

Watch for JRM to be all SEC, at least second team this year.

Comment

Also, our WR's didn't block worth a shit last year and could not get off the line vs. press coverage. That's a big thing to fix this year and is all on Azzani to fix it.

Comment

the great thing about this defense also is the mix of old experienced guys with new (and VERY talented) dudes ... this is how it should be.

you've got Maggit and Barnet ... plus Taylor and Phillips

you've got O Williams and DannyO ... plus Tuttle and KMac

you've got Sutton ... plus Mosely and Martin

you've got Randolph and McNeil ... plus Berry and TKjr

you've got JRM ... plus Kirkland and Bates

LOTS of big time legit experience on this squad balanced with LOTS of potential freaks waiting in the wings.

this is going to be a fun defense to watch.

Comment

I was referring to your comment about it being the best defense since 2005.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ok yeah. The 2008 defense was good, but IMO the 2005 defense was a championship caliber D. Unfortunately Fulmer totally fucked up the offense with the Ainge/Clausen fiasco

Comment

This defense will be disruptive. I can say that with certainty. They should also be good vs the run. They will need to be. I can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by birminghamvol View Post
                              the great thing about this defense also is the mix of old experienced guys with new (and VERY talented) dudes ... this is how it should be.

you've got Maggit and Barnet ... plus Taylor and Phillips

you've got O Williams and DannyO ... plus Tuttle and KMac

you've got Sutton ... plus Mosely and Martin

you've got Randolph and McNeil ... plus Berry and TKjr

you've got JRM ... plus Kirkland and Bates

LOTS of big time legit experience on this squad balanced with LOTS of potential freaks waiting in the wings.

this is going to be a fun defense to watch.
                              Great post and I think thats one of the big differences between the young talent on the DL vs the young talent on the OL...the OL just doesnt have much expereince as a unit so you dont have tose leaders to help the young guys. One HUGE area of concern regarding the defense is their inabilty to stop the other team once the got inside the red zone. I dont know where the Vol defense ranked in that stat but going off memory, I dont think UT got more than 1 or 2 stops once the red zone was breached. Good defenses will come up[ with TO's or defensive plays that move the offense out of FG position. To many times last year the otherb team just waltzed into the endzone once they reached the 20 yardline. My hope is with all the help up front, this defense will make the big plays needed to stop those back breaking TD's.

Comment

We were 124 out of 125 in all of NCAA in red zone defense. One of many things they have to improve on, in addition to 3rd down conversions on offense, and sacks allowed. All three killed us last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Vol-in-Atl View Post
                                  We were 124 out of 125 in all of NCAA in red zone defense. One of many things they have to improve on, in addition to 3rd down conversions on offense, and sacks allowed. All three killed us last year.
                                  Good Lord...I had no idea they were as bad as that. I just remembered that UT's defense sucked whenever they were forced to make a big stop in the redzone, they failed. I didnt realize it was that BAD! I guess it should be easy to improve on that stat. Thanks for the stat V-N-A.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach Tripod View Post
                                    Good Lord...I had no idea they were as bad as that. I just remembered that UT's defense sucked whenever they were forced to make a big stop in the redzone, they failed. I didnt realize it was that BAD! I guess it should be easy to improve on that stat. Thanks for the stat V-N-A.
                                    Here's another stat that will fuck with your head, CTP.

The 2014 Vols were 10th in the nation in red zone offense last year.

I like most everyone else around here believes that we will have a great defense, but a weak offense.

But the red zone stats from last year are exactly the opposite. Our defense sucked in the red zone and our offense was highly productive.

Are we all wrong? Even worse, is wewindvol right?
                                    Why can't we all just get along?

Comment

Originally posted by Polemicvol View Post

I like most everyone else around here believes that we will have a great defense, but a weak offense.

But the red zone stats from last year are exactly the opposite. Our defense sucked in the red zone and our offense was highly productive.

I would like to see the stats on the offensive production like how many FG's vs TD's and the times we got inside the 20 and had to settle for the FG. I can think off the top of my head 5 times the Vols were setup for crucial scores and either came away with fuckin nothing or a FG. My memory is that UT screwed the pooch more times than they didnt offensively so yeah, thats very surprising. You gotta link? I would like to see those stats.

If my lil pecker gnat is right...that just goes to show that a blind hog can find an acorn. I am still trying to wrap my mind around that "stellar" OL that UT used last season. SMDH
                                      Last edited by Coach Tripod; August 14, 2015, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Here ya go Coach Pod.

We were actually tied for 5th in the NCAA in red zone offense with Mizzou.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/703

We scored 50 out of 54 times in the red zone, with 33 touchdowns and 17 field goals.

The ratio of tds to fgs doesn't look out of the norm.

We had a really good red zone offense, so I guess we've got to give the OL some credit for that. I'm not sure that's stellar or not.
                                        Last edited by Polemicvol; August 14, 2015, 02:52 PM.
                                        Why can't we all just get along?

Comment

Originally posted by Polemicvol View Post

Wewind has access to the red chair. Don't forget that.
                                          Self appointed number 1 Vol Fan

Comment

Working...
                                          X