Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offensive Line Update Gives Hope

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    I'll go to another forum. U ran me off.
    Last edited by alienadvilery; May 7, 2015, 10:07 AM.

    Comment


      #62
      Originally posted by alienadvilery View Post
      I'll go to another forum. U ran me off.
      more power to ya ... but a word of advice ...

      Don't act like a condescending prick at your new forum of choice either. They may overlook your bullshit and not call you out on it or may even be too stupid to notice ... but that won't mean that you still aren't acting like a condescending prick.

      Good luck ...


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

      Comment


        #63
        Another word of advice- there are several highly entertaining AND informative UT message boards, and they are of vastly different personalities, but they all have one thing in common....they are tough on newbies. Best to observe the terrain before venturing within, and best to not come in guns blazing at first, unless you have a gift that few have. JMHO.
        sigpic

        Comment


          #64
          That was easy
          Steal your face right off your head.

          Comment


            #65
            Originally posted by tatar salad View Post
            Another word of advice- there are several highly entertaining AND informative UT message boards, and they are of vastly different personalities, but they all have one thing in common....they are tough on newbies. Best to observe the terrain before venturing within, and best to not come in guns blazing at first, unless you have a gift that few have. JMHO.
            And another piece of advice; paragraph breaks are your fucking friend.
            Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the day,
            Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life...

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by Saint Smokey View Post
              That was easy
              Even the trolls are pussies these days. No sooner than you latch on they go an skulk off.
              Endorsements from fellow Monvolians:

              Wagee - "U a friggin damn genius" "great evaluation"

              Comment


                #67
                But but but....

                Originally posted by birminghamvol View Post
                so says the guy who signed up under the name "alienadvilery" and not his own real name. You chastising others for the EXACT thing that you yourself are doing is a perfect example of acting like a condescending prick. Thanks for further proving my "speculation" to be 100% correct.

                Looking forward to reading ... and making fun of ... more of condescendingly prickish diatribes that really say nothing.


                Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                This "alienadvilery" poster says you aren't a Coach so you know nothing and don't need to be commenting on what you obviously don't know.

                Didn't we hear something very similar to that by the Philistines back in the day?
                "INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT"

                Comment


                  #68
                  Originally posted by egbert View Post
                  Mallon, for some reason, I had flashbacks to Jamal Lewis/Mark Levine vs. Florida in '97...
                  THAT ONE was pretty obvious, wasn't it? I think everyone but Phillopotamus could see the risk/reward favoring Jamaal.
                  It's TIME. The Vols are back.



                  Comment


                    #69
                    Somebody cue up taps.....
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by alienadvilery View Post
                      I'll go to another forum. U ran me off.
                      Weak sauce.

                      You can come on OM and be a condescending asshole, we've got a lot of those here, you would fit right in.

                      But when you get runoft that easy, you clearly show you don't have what it takes to post on OM. So don't let the door hit you in the ass as you leave.
                      Why can't we all just get along?

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Originally posted by BrassVols View Post
                        Somebody cue up taps.....
                        Another one day OM wonder bites the dust.

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Originally posted by alienadvilery View Post
                          I'll go to another forum. U ran me off.
                          Where are my manners? I forgot to greet you properly. Here it is..........wait for it.......Eat a bag of dicks.
                          Steal your face right off your head.

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Originally posted by Saint Smokey View Post
                            Where are my manners? I forgot to greet you properly. Here it is..........wait for it.......Eat a bag of dicks.
                            He only stuck around for the appetizers. Never got to the bods.

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Originally posted by alienadvilery View Post
                              I'll go to another forum. U ran me off.
                              Was it something we said?
                              Endorsements from fellow Monvolians:

                              Wagee - "U a friggin damn genius" "great evaluation"

                              Comment


                                #75
                                I don't know but I don't think we dropped the OL who went to OSU (it was Burrell), think it was the other way around. Harrell I think was the OL from Boulware's school who ended up at AU.

                                I think Pat Allen and Richmond were either/or....don't think they both would have gone to the same school even if there had been room.

                                You are correct that we still had some irons in the fire when we took Hall but I think it is pretty obvious the coaches loved his potential. His HS film pre-injury was outstanding - and he didn't even play OT until his Jr year IIRC.....he was a DT. That switch plus most thought he was going to Va Tech are probably why he didn't draw too much attention from rivals. Pretty sure he was rated higher elsewhere....he did get an offer from ND and many ACC schools. Maybe the coaches liked his personality and intelligence in addition to his physical skills.

                                Bottom line is we brought in a kickass OL class, one of the best in the country.
                                sigpic

                                Comment


                                  #76
                                  Originally posted by Mallon Faircloth View Post
                                  THAT ONE was pretty obvious, wasn't it? I think everyone but Phillopotamus could see the risk/reward favoring Jamaal.
                                  Much as we love him, it's more on Cut...he had the occasional growing pain as a coach...bypassing talent in favor of mastery of blocking assignments applied here...not incorporating the TE as a weapon was the other.


                                  Brought to you by Carls Jr.

                                  Comment


                                    #77
                                    In retrospect

                                    Originally posted by BrassVols View Post
                                    I don't know but I don't think we dropped the OL who went to OSU (it was Burrell), think it was the other way around. Harrell I think was the OL from Boulware's school who ended up at AU.

                                    I think Pat Allen and Richmond were either/or....don't think they both would have gone to the same school even if there had been room.

                                    You are correct that we still had some irons in the fire when we took Hall but I think it is pretty obvious the coaches loved his potential. His HS film pre-injury was outstanding - and he didn't even play OT until his Jr year IIRC.....he was a DT. That switch plus most thought he was going to Va Tech are probably why he didn't draw too much attention from rivals. Pretty sure he was rated higher elsewhere....he did get an offer from ND and many ACC schools. Maybe the coaches liked his personality and intelligence in addition to his physical skills.

                                    Bottom line is we brought in a kickass OL class, one of the best in the country.
                                    It looks like the right call was made on Hall since he is ahead of schedule on the Achilles Injury and he already has the size and strength that sometimes takes a while to develop. Hope he becomes a better than average SEC OL for us which is what you ask of any player.

                                    But I am just saying there was more to the story of what I was saying in 12/14 about considering to have Hall Grey Shirt. In 2014 we didn't know about his injury status, we had multiple irons in the fire as you say, and we were already over the signing limit. At the end of January you are right, it was Allen vs Richmond and once Richmond committed then we dropped Allen because there was no room. I also think they liked Allen more than Harrell and the reason they sort of let Harrell go his way, because they were over the limit and were still recruiting Allen and Richmond. So bottom line it wasn't just a "don't want Hall" statement by me in 12/14. It was a big picture of what was going on. But so far it sounds like that wasn't a concern but at the end of the day we will see who was the better player in Allen, Harrell, and Hall. I really think we could have probably gotten all 3 but there was room at the Inn for only one and Jones chose Hall. Hope that was the best decision but we won't know for 2-3 years down the road.
                                    "INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT"

                                    Comment


                                      #78
                                      Originally posted by AtlantaVol View Post
                                      It looks like the right call was made on Hall since he is ahead of schedule on the Achilles Injury and he already has the size and strength that sometimes takes a while to develop. Hope he becomes a better than average SEC OL for us which is what you ask of any player.

                                      But I am just saying there was more to the story of what I was saying in 12/14 about considering to have Hall Grey Shirt. In 2014 we didn't know about his injury status, we had multiple irons in the fire as you say, and we were already over the signing limit. At the end of January you are right, it was Allen vs Richmond and once Richmond committed then we dropped Allen because there was no room. I also think they liked Allen more than Harrell and the reason they sort of let Harrell go his way, because they were over the limit and were still recruiting Allen and Richmond. So bottom line it wasn't just a "don't want Hall" statement by me in 12/14. It was a big picture of what was going on. But so far it sounds like that wasn't a concern but at the end of the day we will see who was the better player in Allen, Harrell, and Hall. I really think we could have probably gotten all 3 but there was room at the Inn for only one and Jones chose Hall. Hope that was the best decision but we won't know for 2-3 years down the road.
                                      Harrell is a non issue as he is a guard all the way. IMO we took Boulware over Harrell as a guard, though I'm sure they will at least look at Boulware at tackle.

                                      What I was saying is I don't think Richmond and Allen would have signed at the same school....I think they both saw themselves as starting LTs and for that reason didn't want to go to the same school. My understanding is Allen was on hold until very late.

                                      Hall is a fairly raw prospect who has a shit ton of upside. He's not a guy who's going to come in and start in the SEC as a freshman even if he had never had the injury. But under the right conditions he can be a really good OLman in a year or two. That's why they offered him and kept him after the injury.
                                      sigpic

                                      Comment


                                        #79
                                        But....

                                        Originally posted by BrassVols View Post
                                        Harrell is a non issue as he is a guard all the way. IMO we took Boulware over Harrell as a guard, though I'm sure they will at least look at Boulware at tackle.

                                        What I was saying is I don't think Richmond and Allen would have signed at the same school....I think they both saw themselves as starting LTs and for that reason didn't want to go to the same school. My understanding is Allen was on hold until very late.

                                        Hall is a fairly raw prospect who has a shit ton of upside. He's not a guy who's going to come in and start in the SEC as a freshman even if he had never had the injury. But under the right conditions he can be a really good OLman in a year or two. That's why they offered him and kept him after the injury.
                                        My comments on Hall were in large part based on what you said above and his injury along with others like Harrell who would play OG just like Hall will.


                                        UT is in the sucky position still, of not having the luxury to do the Missouri thing and wait for 3-4 years on a raw prospect (and at that time in 12/14 an injured raw prospect). UT signed 4 OL for the 2014 class and 2 of them (Robertson and Thomas) started games in 2014. Blair and Raulerson may never amount to much and the 3 OL recruits from the 2013 Class may have already been recruited over. We Graduate 3 of the starters after the 2015 season. So unfortunately, we need guys who can be 2nd team as True FR and possibly starters by their True SO season. That was my reasoning behind saying what I did in 12/14 about Hall. But hopefully a) he is way ahead of schedule on the injury and b) he really is a good raw talent who can be ready to play 2nd team in 2015 and maybe a starter in 2016. If he does then Jones is a visionary there.
                                        "INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT"

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X