It’s looking like the COVID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s looking like the COVID

Pandemic is on the downswing. Everything is trending down now after this latest spike in late August or so.

Talk to your medical provider and follow their instructions. Stay safe…

Originally posted by nasavol View Post
    Pandemic is on the downswing. Everything is trending down now after this latest spike in late August or so.

Talk to your medical provider and follow their instructions. Stay safe…
    The actual "science" is that.....

1) Israel study and recent USA studies show very very very good immunity to those who had WuFlu and then had the vaccine. In fact the FDA as of right now is saying a person who had it then got vaccinated does not HAVE to have a booster shot but recs may change later. The Israeli study showed that previous WuFlu infection had more immunity than just having the vaccine. Another study not yet printed suggest vaccine works slightly better than just previous infection without the vaccine.

2) Hospital admissions have dropped to very low levels the last 2 weeks inside Atlanta. My hospital had 28 out of 32 ICU beds with WuFlu and another 50-60 in regular beds in late August. Email last week said 5 in ICU and 20 in the regular beds. That is the same across the Emory 9 hospital system. Dramatically lower since late August. So now even more have had the WuFlu so fit into the stats from #1 above as far as immunity down the road.

3) There isn't any statistical difference in medical outcomes across the USA when you compare large states like NY/CA/IL/MI/PA/NJ who shut things down vs large states like FL/TX/GA etc who didn't shut things down. There is a huge difference economically though.

4) There are multiple MD's out there (including all the ID MD's at my hospital) along with ex FDA head Scott Gottleib who claim with 57% of USA having all the vaccinations, over 70% with at least one dose, and the millions who have had WuFlu then we essentially are reaching herd immunity by first of 2022.

5) Now these same ID MD's and Scott Gottleib also point out that we almost certainly WILL have WuFlu outbreaks for decades to come if not forever- just like we have Common Flu outbreaks and 15+ Thousand deaths each year inside the USA directly to Common Flu and over 50-75K indirectly to the Common Flu. So the WuFlu isn't going away. It will just go down to low levels.

6) There are side effects although rare to the vaccines. Myocarditis is highest in young males. I just saw a lady in her late 60's last Friday for a different reason, and she was on one of the IV Biologic Meds you see advertised on TV at night. She developed Psoriatic Arthritis new onset with weeks of getting her 2nd dose of the vaccine. Her MD's ran it thru the CDC and the CDC says to her that it was due to the vaccine. Rare but in her case she now has an Autoimmune disease and is on a potent immunosuppressant Biologic Medication likely for life. There are unexplained deaths by the thousands worldwide and likely here in the USA within 1 month of getting the vaccines but the CDC and FDA are not about to hand out these stats although by law they must keep these stats- and like this lady I saw last Friday, admit the vaccine is what caused a serious side effect. One of these days those stats will leak out. Or maybe by a FOIA request. So I am not telling anyone to not get the vaccine. Quite the opposite in fact. Personally I have gotten the booster as I have to see patients in the ER and ICU settings. But mandates are a Totalitarian step too far given that there are side effects in some and we likely are hitting herd immunity in the coming months where the risk for another huge wave of hospitalizations is very low.
    "INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT"

Comment

Thank you AV for saying the pandemic is on the downswing, lol.

In all seriousness, I do think that the COVID is here to stay, thank you China for introducing basically another flu. Vespid and I had a brief conversation regarding the mutations of viruses. In a nutshell, when a virus mutates, it typically becomes less lethal but more contagious. This Delta variant is proving that to be true. Now, is it because of the vaccination and infection rate that AV pointed out that has knocked down the lethality of it? That is a real possibility, just guessing I figure it’s a combination of the vaccinations, and the mutation that has done that.

In any event, it does look like this thing is getting in the rear view mirror, and that’s a good thing. As always, talk to your medical providers, listen to what they say, Facebook and Twitter aren’t appropriate substitutions. Stay safe…

Comment

Thank you AV for saying the pandemic is on the downswing, lol.

In all seriousness, I do think that the COVID is here to stay, thank you China for introducing basically another flu. Vespid and I had a brief conversation regarding the mutations of viruses. In a nutshell, when a virus mutates, it typically becomes less lethal but more contagious. This Delta variant is proving that to be true. Now, is it because of the vaccination and infection rate that AV pointed out that has knocked down the lethality of it? That is a real possibility, just guessing I figure it’s a combination of the vaccinations, and the mutation that has done that.

In any event, it does look like this thing is getting in the rear view mirror, and that’s a good thing. As always, talk to your medical providers, listen to what they say, Facebook and Twitter aren’t appropriate substitutions. Stay safe…
        https://globalnews.ca/news/8244271/d...anadian-study/
        Is a Dox a Lie.....or a Lie a Dox?

Asked Mr Rabbit of Mr Fox

Comment

Nice article, too bad the data doesn’t support it

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Comment

Nice article, too bad the data doesn’t support it

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
            You're going to need to be a bit more specific. Where does your link specifically say that Delta is less lethal?

Comment

Originally posted by Orangebutt View Post

You're going to need to be a bit more specific. Where does your link specifically say that Delta is less lethal?
              https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3861566

Comment

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...358-1/fulltext

Comment

Too bad the numbers don’t support it

Per your paper
                  Background: The impact of SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern (VOCs) on disease severity is unclear.

You claim to be the smartest guy on the board, surely you can do basic math.
                  Last edited by nasavol; October 11, 2021, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Too bad the numbers don’t support it

Per your paper
                    Background: The impact of SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern (VOCs) on disease severity is unclear.

You claim to be the smartest guy on the board, surely you can do basic math.
                    Assuming that you're talking about the paper from Scotland....since you don't specify....If it's the other one...I'll go back and look at that one again. I'm waiting for your response as to where in your link from worldometer it says that Delta is less deadly.....

In summary, we show that the Delta VOC in Scotland was found mainly in younger, more affluent groups. Risk of COVID-19 hospital admission was approximately doubled in those with the Delta VOC when compared to the Alpha VOC, with risk of admission particularly increased in those with five or more relevant comorbidities.

I've NEVER said I was the smartest person in the room....I HAVE said I'm a shitload smarter than you.

EDIT: I'm going to make the assumption that your evidence is lower death rates in the US even though we have Delta. The problem is that you're comparing prior strains where there was not a (very effective) vaccination available to Delta where there is such a vaccination. And finally....before you completely lose your cookies again....you're the one who's decided to make this personal....again.....
                    Last edited by Orangebutt; October 11, 2021, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Assuming that you're talking about the paper from Scotland....since you don't specify....If it's the other one...I'll go back and look at that one again. I'm waiting for your response as to where in your link from worldometer it says that Delta is less deadly.....

In summary, we show that the Delta VOC in Scotland was found mainly in younger, more affluent groups. Risk of COVID-19 hospital admission was approximately doubled in those with the Delta VOC when compared to the Alpha VOC, with risk of admission particularly increased in those with five or more relevant comorbidities.

I've NEVER said I was the smartest person in the room....I HAVE said I'm a shitload smarter than you.
                      And you would be wrong on both those accounts…
                      Shouldn't you be working?
                      Death and hospital admission are 2 different things dum dum
                      Do the math…

Comment

And you would be wrong on both those accounts…
                        Shouldn't you be working?
                        Death and hospital admission are 2 different things dum dum
                        Do the math…
                        Wrong on what accounts? Perhaps you should call my company again....and alert them.....

Comment

Wrong on what accounts? Perhaps you should call my company again....and alert them.....
                          You wanting to test that theory you had?

Comment

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/variants/delta-variant.html

From the CDC. Your suggestion it causes more severe illness (why you'd be hospitalized) and less death is completely absurd. Instead of posting an entire boatload of covid stats from around the world....why don't post one single source that states that Delta is less deadly than prior strains.....for people who aren't vaccinated.....

Comment

You wanting to test that theory you had?
                              I don't know what you're talking about.....why don't you go back to the discussion about Delta and set the personal stuff aside. Wasn't it was you who was chastising AV for refusing to alter his posting proclivities?

Comment

I don't know what you're talking about.....why don't you go back to the discussion about Delta and set the personal stuff aside. Wasn't it was you who was chastising AV for refusing to alter his posting proclivities?
                                You keep bringing in studies that say, might, maybe, we aren’t sure etc. I said, it might be the vaccines making it less deadly, I don’t know, but typically mutations of viruses are less deadly and more contagious. So I posted a chart that shows the decline in the number of deaths, as that is the only true measure that we have. Death is pretty final. So take a look at the # of deaths per the # of active cases. You do that by dividing deaths by cases, then express that as a %. Before we do that, let’s take a variable out of the equation, breakthrough cases.

CDC data released on Sept. 10 counted an average of 10.1 breakthrough cases for every 100,000 fully vaccinated people, meaning that at that time, just 0.01 percent of vaccinated individuals had a breakthrough case.

So, let’s take the peak of OG COVID and Delta using a 7 day average to smooth the curve, and let’s bump the breakthrough % to 10%, which is far greater than any measure that I have seen.

OG- 253,000 active cases 3523 deaths 1.38% fatality rate
                                Delta- 166,000 active cases adjusted for breakthrough to 149,400 1900 deaths 1.27% fatality rate

That would suggest that it is less lethal.

Comment

You keep bringing in studies that say, might, maybe, we aren’t sure etc. I said, it might be the vaccines making it less deadly, I don’t know, but typically mutations of viruses are less deadly and more contagious. So I posted a chart that shows the decline in the number of deaths, as that is the only true measure that we have. Death is pretty final. So take a look at the # of deaths per the # of active cases. You do that by dividing deaths by cases, then express that as a %. Before we do that, let’s take a variable out of the equation, breakthrough cases.

CDC data released on Sept. 10 counted an average of 10.1 breakthrough cases for every 100,000 fully vaccinated people, meaning that at that time, just 0.01 percent of vaccinated individuals had a breakthrough case.

So, let’s take the peak of OG COVID and Delta using a 7 day average to smooth the curve, and let’s bump the breakthrough % to 10%, which is far greater than any measure that I have seen.

OG- 253,000 active cases 3523 deaths 1.38% fatality rate
                                  Delta- 166,000 active cases adjusted for breakthrough to 149,400 1900 deaths 1.27% fatality rate

That would suggest that it is less lethal.
                                  The September DCD data has been shown to be way, way low. 10% is actually much closer to what they're now saying

https://www.rollcall.com/2021/09/22/...coming-months/

But your entire line of thinking is out in left field. The only valid comparison you can make are deaths per million for non vaccinated Delta vs deaths per million for non vaccinated cases prior to Delta. I don't know where you find these stats.....so we're left to what the scientists say in their studies....which is what I've linked. If you've got one that says something else.....you should whip it out.....

EDIT....not the link I thought it was.....
                                  Last edited by Orangebutt; October 11, 2021, 01:22 PM.

Comment

The September DCD data has been shown to be way, way low. 10% is actually much closer to what they're now saying

https://www.rollcall.com/2021/09/22/...coming-months/

But your entire line of thinking is out in left field. The only valid comparison you can make are deaths per million for non vaccinated Delta vs deaths per million for non vaccinated cases prior to Delta. I don't know where you find these stats.....so we're left to what the scientists say in their studies....which is what I've linked. If you've got one that says something else.....you should whip it out.....
                                    So deaths per infection wouldn’t be valid? OK…(we need an eye roll here)
                                    The numbers come straight from the data I posted. The numbers for the OG came from Jan, no Delta then…btw, nowhere does it say that 10% is closer for breakthrough cases, and they will never say that, no matter if it’s true or not, far too much political pressure, that would influence whether people got vaccinated or not.

Your studies say maybe, could be, unclear, etc…

You just thought you would jump in with some “gotcha” moment.

You should just stick with starting those dumbass threads talking about police tape, dog dicks, or some other stupid shit.

Comment

So deaths per infection wouldn’t be valid? OK…(we need an eye roll here)
                                      The numbers come straight from the data I posted. The numbers for the OG came from Jan, no Delta then…

Your studies say maybe, could be, unclear, etc…

You just thought you would jump in with some “gotcha” moment.

You should just stick with starting those dumbass threads talking about police tape, dog dicks, or some other stupid shit.
                                      My studies are quite clear....the data you posted is non documented horseshit. The fact that you can't support a single thing you've said except with gibberish math...yammering on about breakthrough cases, which would have NOTHING to do with non vaccinated covid cases.... makes me think you're impaired.......

太多的毒品和没有工作使美国宇航局成为一个呆板的男孩

Comment

My studies are quite clear....the data you posted is non documented horseshit. The fact that you can't support a single thing you've said except with gibberish math...yammering on about breakthrough cases, which would have NOTHING to do with non vaccinated covid cases.... makes me think you're impaired.......

太多的毒品和没有工作使美国宇航局成为一个呆板的男孩
                                        They clearly say they don’t know…

Im sorry you don’t understand math, maybe you should talk about how many watts theses EV cars will take up. Lololol

Comment

Working...
                                        X