Super bowl food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super bowl food?

So what's everyone planning for food this Sunday if you're planning to make anything at all? All I know is I'm rooting for the Chiefs in this game even though Taylor Swift is a fan.

Ribs and wings. Nuthin' fancy.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

I made Hummus for dipping. We probably will have Amarillo Mole with masa dumplings and the meat in it will be chicken thighs. I have a new and very easy Biscotti recipe for dipping in hot chocolate and there should be some left over apple spice cake for desert.
      Oh, and broccoli. Our most recent Sam's order I thought included two bags of frozen broccoli florets but was two large bags of fresh, so we'll be working our way through assorted recipes for Broccoli and Cheese casseroles.

Comment

Wings, guacamole, rotel dip, and miscellaneous other things that we haven't ironed out just yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        YOUR 2021 AND 2023 Picking Match Champion.

https://www.wwe.com/f/styles/gallery..._BIB_Props.jpg

Tammy, get me some hash-browns... GFYWD.

It ain't nothing to me to whoop a man's ass.

Comment

Saw something for a fried pickle dip that looked good so whipped it up. Avocados were in a brown paper bag with an apple for 2 days and still harder than sg trying to pick winners so I saw something about wrapping them in foil and in a 200 degree oven for 10 minutes, so did that and they are cooling now. Hopefully the guacamole turns out.

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/kXIhpDQ...E6QFDW-Yehv5vo

Comment

Well the oven trick doesn't work, they may have softened up a tad but still not what I wanted. Fresh chopped cilantro and garlic, cheated with store bought pico, saved 1 avocado for chunks, fresh lime juice, pink salt, and in the fridge to rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Morgan View Post
              Well the oven trick doesn't work, they may have softened up a tad but still not what I wanted. Fresh chopped cilantro and garlic, cheated with store bought pico, saved 1 avocado for chunks, fresh lime juice, pink salt, and in the fridge to rest.

I try to pick avocados that have a little give to them and use them within 24 hours. A gentle press with your finger that leaves a slight indentation, and you're in the ballpark of getting ripe avocados.

Comment

Ribs on the smoker about an hour in.

Comment

Should've brought them over to my house and set them on the counter for two days. They would've went from green to black overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by tnjimbob View Post
                    I try to pick avocados that have a little give to them and use them within 24 hours. A gentle press with your finger that leaves a slight indentation, and you're in the ballpark of getting ripe avocados.

We had a Walmark order delivered and they must have picked through the avocados to find the hardest ones in the bin. I can usually ripen them up in 2 days but not these cinder block bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by FLAVOLS View Post

Should've brought them over to my house and set them on the counter for two days. They would've went from green to black overnight.
                      I don't want methane guacamole…

Comment

Today's dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by tnjimbob View Post
                          Today's dinner.

Oh Em Geeeeee!!

Comment

We had a Walmark order delivered and they must have picked through the avocados to find the hardest ones in the bin. I can usually ripen them up in 2 days but not these cinder block bastards.

If you want something done right, do it yourself. You let a hourly walmarks employee ruin your dip. Go berserk.

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Constipated View Post
                              If you want something done right, do it yourself. You let a hourly walmarks employee ruin your dip. Go berserk.

They usually ripen in 2 days no problem. These diamond avocados just wanted to be asshoe. Still turned out delicious, and having Walmark + keeps me from having to go into that hell hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Constipated View Post

Sheittttfar that ones gonna leave a mark. Better put a couple stitches in that wound, Bill.

Comment

Saw something for a fried pickle dip that looked good so whipped it up. Avocados were in a brown paper bag with an apple for 2 days and still harder than sg trying to pick winners so I saw something about wrapping them in foil and in a 200 degree oven for 10 minutes, so did that and they are cooling now. Hopefully the guacamole turns out.

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/kXIhpDQ...E6QFDW-Yehv5vo

Our little guy loves Claussen pickles. With M&Ms.

Comment

Originally posted by sgvolfan View Post

Sheittttfar that ones gonna leave a mark. Better put a couple stitches in that wound, Bill.
                                    No mark, I proudly have them bring my stuff to my porch while I lounge around eating king reecey cups in my underwear.

Comment

Easy Peasy....big pot of Chili. I don't like kidney beans so I use baked beans instead. Add Fritos, Grated Cheese and Ranch dressing......quite yummy!!

Comment

Originally posted by Orangebutt View Post
                                        Easy Peasy....big pot of Chili. I don't like kidney beans so I use baked beans instead. Add Fritos, Grated Cheese and Ranch dressing......quite yummy!!
                                        Omg… ranch dressing? In chili? Fritos, cheese, and sarrrr cream is delicious, but ranch? What's next, tamales and hot dogs?? Some people just don't know how to chili.

Comment

Working...
                                        X