Gatlinburg restaurant advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gatlinburg restaurant advice

So the offspring got me a knifemaking class in Pigeon Forge for Christmas. We are going in a few weeks, and I'm looking for good restaurants please. Starting with the Peddler - yes or no? As with many other old school restaurants, the reviews say it ain't as good as it used to be, but is it worth it? We went to Crystelle Creek a few years ago, and they have changed ownership per their website. Any recent visits there?

Looking for mostly breakfast and dinner places. TIA.

We still go to the Peddler every year and this past time was very good. They do have some inconsistencies but the last couple times they've been good.

Comment

Been a few years but we enjoyed Cherokee Grille and always got good food....Been around 6-7 years. Also enjoyed Peddler's every time...Bout the same time 6-7 years.

Comment

My much better half and I enjoy the Pottery House Cafe and Grill in Pigeon Forge, across from The Old Mill.

The Old Mill Pottery House Cafe - Pigeon Forge, Tn — The Old Mill (old-mill.com)

Pissin' in the wind, bettin' on a losing friend
        Makin' the same mistakes, we swore we'd never make again
        And we're pissin' in the wind, but it's blowing on all our friends
        We're gonna sit and grin and tell our grandchildren

Jerry Jeff Walker, RIP

I'm gonna live forever
        I'm gonna cross that river
        I'm gonna catch tomorrow now

Billy Joe Shaver, RIP

Comment

Originally posted by IncognitoDad View Post
          My much better half and I enjoy the Pottery House Cafe and Grill in Pigeon Forge, across from The Old Mill.

The Old Mill Pottery House Cafe - Pigeon Forge, Tn — The Old Mill (old-mill.com)
          I will give this a bump. We ate with one of the Reagan's at the Peddler last time and they highly recommended this place. We always went to the Old Mill but they really like the cafe more.

Comment

Cherokee Grill is very good…ate there this past summer. Haven't been to the Peddler in several years but we will probably go back this summer.

I'll be honest…we still love Pancake Pantry for breakfast. Just something about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by egbert View Post
              Cherokee Grill is very good…ate there this past summer. Haven't been to the Peddler in several years but we will probably go back this summer.

I'll be honest…we still love Pancake Pantry for breakfast. Just something about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Agree!

Comment

For breakfast Crocketts Breakfast Camp. Best value around.
                For dinner the Greenbriar. Off the beaten path and great food.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by douggoss View Post
                  For breakfast Crocketts Breakfast Camp. Best value around.
                  For dinner the Greenbriar. Off the beaten path and great food.

Forgot about the Greenbriar - absolutely second this. It is a little off - up 321 toward the Glades but is great.

Haven't been to Crockett's in years but our friends in Florida loved it.

Comment

Greenbrier has a good bar.

Comment

Crockett's was a hit this morning! We split a breakfast skillet and a cinnamon roll and it was still more than we could eat. No wait, great service too. Thanks for the recommendation.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tnjimbob View Post
                        Crockett's was a hit this morning! We split a breakfast skillet and a cinnamon roll and it was still more than we could eat. No wait, great service too. Thanks for the recommendation.

Looks really good, never ventured up there for breakfast as we always stay in PF for more kid activities and always eat breakfast at the Apple Barn.

I could eat Mark Mangino's weight in their apple fritters and apple butter.

It ain't nothing for me to whoop a man's ass...you might have heard of me.

IT'S A DAMN OIL FILTER, I bought it off of ye fair and square, you said it was a good 'un.

That's chickenshit just like you and ye damn business.

Comment

What we came here to do. It was fun.

Comment

Knife Works?

Comment

Originally posted by FLAVOLS View Post

Knife Works?
                              No, Mellow Mushroom.
                              Elvis said find em young and Fred said old fashion girls are fun

Comment

Nice. Railroad spike knife.

Comment

Originally posted by FLAVOLS View Post

Knife Works?
                                  No sir. This place -

https://ironmountainmetalcraft.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sgvolfan View Post

Nice. Railroad spike knife.
                                    Thanks! It was fun to make. Also followed the suggestion to eat at Old Mill Pottery House Cafe, and it was amazing! On their menu, it said, if another restaurant says they bake their own bread, ask if they grind their own grains. If they do, ask them if they make their own plates.

We will definitely go back there as their bread and food was amazing.

Comment

Can't say thanks enough for the restaurant suggestions. We ate at Crockett's, Pancake Pantry, The Peddler and Old Mill Pottery House Cafe. Each meal at these places was exceptional, and made our trip special.

Y'all are the best! Love this forum and all that we share on this page. Keep on cooking, and pics or it didn't happen!

Comment

Can't say thanks enough for the restaurant suggestions. We ate at Crockett's, Pancake Pantry, The Peddler and Old Mill Pottery House Cafe. Each meal at these places was exceptional, and made our trip special.

Y'all are the best! Love this forum and all that we share on this page. Keep on cooking, and pics or it didn't happen!

Uh… where's your pics from the restaurants above? ?

It ain't nothing for me to whoop a man's ass...you might have heard of me.

IT'S A DAMN OIL FILTER, I bought it off of ye fair and square, you said it was a good 'un.

That's chickenshit just like you and ye damn business.

Comment

Working...
                                        X