X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burgers for dinner

Basic chuck burgers. That is all.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’ve gotten to where I do a mix of 2.5# of 80/20 ground chuck and 1# of breakfast sausage. Then as I have shared on here I do the smoke and sear. Last I’ve done TJB, I’ve layered the seasoning with SPG and Dirty Bird Hot. That’s another damn good seasoning of Kosmos.

All that said, I bow down to the king of the grill TJB. Keep ‘em coming brother.

Comment

Originally posted by nasavol View Post
      I’ve gotten to where I do a mix of 2.5# of 80/20 ground chuck and 1# of breakfast sausage. Then as I have shared on here I do the smoke and sear. Last I’ve done TJB, I’ve layered the seasoning with SPG and Dirty Bird Hot. That’s another damn good seasoning of Kosmos.

All that said, I bow down to the king of the grill TJB. Keep ‘em coming brother.
      I have been mixing ground pork with 80/20 chuck and it adds a new dimension of flavor. Learned that trick from making meatballs and meatloaf, and burgers are even better with the addition of those meats. Hadn't considered breakfast sausage and I will try that for sure.

Dirty Bird makes great wings and takes burgers in a new direction.

Last night, I used SPG and OBR All-Purpose on these burgers and that made for some good burgers. I only added lettuce, Duke's mayo, a fresh tomato and some A1. Simple and delicious.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

No videlia? Criminal, I say…

Comment

Originally posted by sgvolfan View Post
          No videlia? Criminal, I say…
          A taste acquired from Clark’s Gro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yesterday was actually National Hamburger Day, whatever that is. But the Interwebz said it, so it must be true.

I actually cheated and put cheese on mine and made it a cheeseburger. I hope I didn't violate some law about Hamburger Day and will get a visit from a G-man.
            Pissin' in the wind, bettin' on a losing friend
            Makin' the same mistakes, we swore we'd never make again
            And we're pissin' in the wind, but it's blowing on all our friends
            We're gonna sit and grin and tell our grandchildren

Jerry Jeff Walker, RIP

I'm gonna live forever
            I'm gonna cross that river
            I'm gonna catch tomorrow now

Billy Joe Shaver, RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Boydog View Post

A taste acquired from Clark’s Gro

My wife knows one of Clarks x employees. They closed because the owners kids didn’t want to run it.

Comment

Originally posted by sgvolfan View Post
                My wife knows one of Clarks x employees. They closed because the owners kids didn’t want to run it.
                Damn an institution shut down because of lazy kids. Was one of those kids Brett Clark?

Comment

How do you get burger patties to keep from turning into baseballs but still hold together?

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Pickens View Post
                    How do you get burger patties to keep from turning into baseballs but still hold together?
                    Put a thumbprint in the middle of them

Comment

Damn an institution shut down because of lazy kids. Was one of those kids Brett Clark?

I don’t know them. Just Hack.

Comment

I can understand why kids who have most likely been educated to do other things would not want to get into that side of business. That being said, if it was a good business they should have been smart enough to manage the property instead of letting it go out of business.

Comment

Originally posted by nasavol View Post

Put a thumbprint in the middle of them
                          But don't put an ice cube in the thumbprint like some morons tell you to do to "keep them moist". All that does is to wash off the seasoning and give you a watered down burger.

If you just put a good sear on it and don't cook it on too high of a temperature it won't have the consistency of leather and will taste awesome.
                          Pissin' in the wind, bettin' on a losing friend
                          Makin' the same mistakes, we swore we'd never make again
                          And we're pissin' in the wind, but it's blowing on all our friends
                          We're gonna sit and grin and tell our grandchildren

Jerry Jeff Walker, RIP

I'm gonna live forever
                          I'm gonna cross that river
                          I'm gonna catch tomorrow now

Billy Joe Shaver, RIP

Comment

Originally posted by IncognitoDad View Post

But don't put an ice cube in the thumbprint like some morons tell you to do to "keep them moist". All that does is to wash off the seasoning and give you a watered down burger.

If you just put a good sear on it and don't cook it on too high of a temperature it won't have the consistency of leather and will taste awesome.
                            ^^^^ this. Just put you a good sized thumbprint in the middle, it keeps them from poofing up into a ball. I try and cook around 600 for my sear portion. 700 or better for steaks.

Comment

Working...
                            X