Grilled sockeye salmon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilled sockeye salmon

Publix had sockeye salmon on sale for $15/lb. about half price from what it usually costs. Trimmed and seasoned the fillets, and whirled up a quick Teriyaki glaze, knowing that my wife doesn't want any fish to taste remotely fishy.

It still did, but not bad to me. In the future, maybe I will stick to varieties that are less strongly flavored in deference to my wife.

Served with roasted sweet potatoes and her Cheddar Bay biscuits. A fantastic dinner!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Looks great. I’m not a huge fan of Salmon because of the oil content and the flavors it imparts but it has a very healthy oil content in salmon and especially Sockeye which has more than farm raised Norwegian or other varieties.

Comment

My last salmon…2/3 cup soy, 2/3 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup bourbon, 1/3 cup olive oil, 1 Table spoon crushed Garlic, 1 teaspoon onion powder. Soak 5 hours. Blast on the Traeger….was very tasty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Mine's Bigger

Comment

Looks good....but. I cannot and will not eat salmon.....I've had it fixed and cooked every which way known and it's FISHY. If I take 1 bite of fish and it has a fishy tastes....I'm done. It's why I eat white fish and love sunfish and crappie.

Comment

Originally posted by tnjimbob View Post
          Publix had sockeye salmon on sale for $15/lb. about half price from what it usually costs. Trimmed and seasoned the fillets, and whirled up a quick Teriyaki glaze, knowing that my wife doesn't want any fish to taste remotely fishy.

It still did, but not bad to me. In the future, maybe I will stick to varieties that are less strongly flavored in deference to my wife.

Served with roasted sweet potatoes and her Cheddar Bay biscuits. A fantastic dinner!

Ironically we had it last night. From Publix.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Orangebutt View Post
            My last salmon…2/3 cup soy, 2/3 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup bourbon, 1/3 cup olive oil, 1 Table spoon crushed Garlic, 1 teaspoon onion powder. Soak 5 hours. Blast on the Traeger….was very tasty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            This sounds great and thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Tnphil View Post
              Looks good....but. I cannot and will not eat salmon.....I've had it fixed and cooked every which way known and it's FISHY. If I take 1 bite of fish and it has a fishy tastes....I'm done. It's why I eat white fish and love sunfish and crappie.
              I don’t mind salmon, but, catfish is one I can’t stand. Way too fishy. I love snapper and orange roughy, but trying to catch them on sale is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Comment

Working...
              X