In Chattanooga for the weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Chattanooga for the weekend

Helping our daughter move near Hixon from off Brainerd. Looking for good restaurants that aren't chains. Many choices but we want to find good places.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by tnjimbob; July 10, 2021, 08:55 AM.

Acropolis at Hamilton Place
    Portofino in East Ridge
    Epicurean in East Ridge

Comment

All of those places close by 6 since no one under 70 eats there. Honestly, there isn’t a lot of good choices in Hixson. Go downtown to Stir or State of Confusion.
      Elvis said find em young and Fred said old fashion girls are fun

Comment

Originally posted by autumnleafvol View Post
        Acropolis at Hamilton Place
        Portofino in East Ridge
        Epicurean in East Ridge
        Second Acropolis.

Awesome and authentic Greek cuisine.

Good people there, too.
        Pissin' in the wind, bettin' on a losing friend
        Makin' the same mistakes, we swore we'd never make again
        And we're pissin' in the wind, but it's blowing on all our friends
        We're gonna sit and grin and tell our grandchildren

Jerry Jeff Walker, RIP

I'm gonna live forever
        I'm gonna cross that river
        I'm gonna catch tomorrow now

Billy Joe Shaver, RIP

Comment

In that case, there is a little mom and pop place called Cracker Barrel. Tell em Taldo sent ya.
          Elvis said find em young and Fred said old fashion girls are fun

Comment

Originally posted by clintonaldo View Post
            In that case, there is a little mom and pop place called Cracker Barrel. Tell em Taldo sent ya.
            My wife loves Cracker Barrel. I'd rather take a sharp poke to the nuts..........
            Mine's Bigger

Comment

Originally posted by Orangebutt View Post

My wife loves Cracker Barrel. I'd rather take a sharp poke to the nuts..........
              Love Cracker Barrell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Boydog View Post

Love Cracker Barrell.

Awe Doggie…..you need to get out more.

Mine's Bigger

Comment

Originally posted by clintonaldo View Post
                  Cracker Barrel has gotten so expensive might as well go to First Watch. A little more expensive but twice as good food. Trifecta at 10 AM fills me up to dinnertime.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by autumnleafvol View Post
                    Cracker Barrel has gotten so expensive might as well go to First Watch. A little more expensive but twice as good food. Trifecta at 10 AM fills me up to dinnertime.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
                    Everywhere has gotten expensive, and in most cases have cut back on the portions and quality, while the price has risen post pandemic.

We've gotten where we are very picky about where we eat out these days.
                    Pissin' in the wind, bettin' on a losing friend
                    Makin' the same mistakes, we swore we'd never make again
                    And we're pissin' in the wind, but it's blowing on all our friends
                    We're gonna sit and grin and tell our grandchildren

Jerry Jeff Walker, RIP

I'm gonna live forever
                    I'm gonna cross that river
                    I'm gonna catch tomorrow now

Billy Joe Shaver, RIP

Comment

Originally posted by IncognitoDad View Post

Everywhere has gotten expensive, and in most cases have cut back on the portions and quality, while the price has risen post pandemic.

We've gotten where we are very picky about where we eat out these days.
                      No shit. Five Guys cheated me on fries. WTF? Thinking about opening up a Five Robots.

Comment

Originally posted by coachwatch View Post

No shit. Five Guys cheated me on fries. WTF? Thinking about opening up a Five Robots.
                        Ha! Five Guys did not just start this. They reduced the size of their fries orders a few years ago. I have pointed this out to my wife repeatedly and she thinks I am FOS.

A place we have frequented recently is Burger Fi. Great burgers and fries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by coachwatch View Post

Or maybe Five Crackheads

Comment

Originally posted by tnjimbob View Post
                            Helping our daughter move near Hixon from off Brainerd. Looking for good restaurants that aren't chains. Many choices but we want to find good places.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sorry I missed the post been running around all weekend but I live in Hixson area(actually Middle Valley area of Hixson close to Soddy Daisy), how old the daughter and is she single lol

i made a whole post and it disappeared except for the joke. Anyways 3 on the water that are pretty good Lakeshore Grille by the dam, Zois at Harbor lights marina in lakesite and Steve’s Landing in Soddy. Favorite Mexican is down past Chester frost park El Fogon, favorite Chinese is Panda across from Abbas House in Hixson. Getting closer to North Chatt is Sidetrack and it’s amazing, never had a bad meal there. We had a few more but they closed due to Covid so non chains are limited around here.

hope the move went well, I moved into new house in March and just yesterday brought in 2 new stoves and fridges, to old for that shit now almost being 40 lol. Next time in town message me, I would meet up with you all and enjoy a meal with a fellow Vol!
                            Last edited by Bigorangefaninga; July 11, 2021, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X