Oven roasted sweet potatoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oven roasted sweet potatoes

If you haven't made these yet, you should. They aren't just for Thanksgiving any more!

- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
    - 2 tablespoons brown sugar
    - 2 tablespoons softened butter
    - 1 tablespoon olive oil
    - 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    - 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
    - 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

Combine all ingredients in medium/large bowl except potatoes. Add potatoes and stir to coat. Place in single layer on baking sheet. Cook @ 400° for 35-40 minutes, stirring after 20. Enjoy!

I made Old Bay shrimp and my wife made cheddar bay biscuits. Romaine salad not pictured. It was already gone.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Looks great!

Kroger had Argentinian Red shrimp on sale for $9/lb. if you haven’t tried it you should. I think they are similar to the Royal Reds we used to get in Florida that are deep (colder) water shrimp that when cooked produce a nice firm, sweet flavor reminiscent of poor man’s lobster. We usually peel and devein, place in a sheet pan, brush with butter, top with Old Bay or JO Seasoning and broil for 5-6 minutes….I recommend highly. I advise to pick them up frozen in 1 or 2 pound bags and put in the freezer until time to thaw.

Comment

Thanks for the note on the Red Shrimp.

I've heard of the deep water red shrimp offshore Connecticut that the scallop fishermen bring up with their scallops. They cooked some on board out of curiosity, and knew they had a winner, although fairly rare in their catches.

Comment

Made these last night with some pork chops and spinach maria. Good stuff jimbob.

Comment

Originally posted by Volgustus McCrae View Post
          Made these last night with some pork chops and spinach maria. Good stuff jimbob.
          Thanks! They are easy and delicious. One of our favorite sides.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have to have some dental work done tomorrow so I thought I’d eat good tonight. Made these and glazed them with a little apple bbq sauce I had. Turned out great, thanks for the recipe THB.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
            X