Welcome to OuterMonVolia! Is this your first visit?
Register

Default Today in Music History-7

On this day in 1924 at the Aeolian Hall in New York City Rhapsody In Blue, by George Gershwin, is performed for the first time.

I watched a cooking show and the host said, “You can use leftover beer to make battered chicken wings.”

All I want to know is...What the hell is leftover beer?

The Allman Brother release their third studio album (Eat a Peach) on this day in '72.

I watched a cooking show and the host said, “You can use leftover beer to make battered chicken wings.”

Ernest Jennings Ford (aka Tennessee Ernie Ford) was born on this day in 1919.

Dolly Parton's debut album (Hello, I'm Dolly) was released on this day in '67.

On this day in '70, The Who appeared at Leeds University, England. The show was recorded for the bands soon to be released 'Live At Leeds' album. Since its initial reception, Live at Leeds has been cited by several music critics as the best live rock recording of all time. The University of Leeds refectory, has now been named a national landmark in the UK, commemorated with a blue plaque.

On this day in 1867 Johann Strauss II's waltz The Blue Danube is first preformed in Vienna.

On this day in '62 Ray Charles records this classic.

On this day in '71 George Harrison releases this classic.

On this day in '72, Led Zeppelin released 'Rock and Roll/Four Sticks' as a 7 inch single in the US, peaking at No.47 on the chart. The song was written as a spontaneous jam session, while the band was trying to finish 'Four Sticks'. Drummer John Bonham played the introduction to Litte Richard's 'You Keep A-Knockin' and Page added a guitar riff; with the tapes rolling the basic song was finished fifteen minutes later.