Welcome to OuterMonVolia! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Oh my

Blog Entries

Zach Stripe, director of Football communications. 865-974-4167. let Mr. Stripe know how much you disapprove of Hyamms having media access to Vols
    TIG, Lane never put it there before. Thanks for a great night, Layla

Quote Originally Posted by Mallon Faircloth View Post
    Hyams deserves all the shit he gets over this.
    I don't care if it was in a police report. I don't care if "details" would have eventually surfaced. I don't care if it's true.
    There are some things you don't broadcast to the world, because the world's need to know is outweighed by TKJr and his family's need for privacy at this moment.
    What good has come from Hyams reporting this?
    None.
    Fuck you, Jimmy.
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by wagee12 View Post
    Be careful my friend. I have a buddy here who once called his ex up on the phone and said, "Sometimes you make me so mad I could just kill you." Now this boy wouldn't hurt a fly, but he spent an entire weekend in the county jail after she called the Sheriff's Dept.
    Thanks Warner but Im not that dumb. I know better than to give her evidence of pending mortal doom by me. Im moving on and waiting and hoping I get to see Karma kick her in the twat with a steel toed boot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "But resist we much. We must, and we will much- about that- be committed." Al Sharpton
    "The white man is our mortal enemy, and we cannot accept him. I will fight to see that vicious beast go down into the lake of fire prepared for him from the beginning, that he never rise again to give any innocent black man, woman or child the hell that he has delighted in pouring on us for 400 years." - Louis Farrakhan

Quote Originally Posted by tebowisgay View Post
    Zach Stripe, director of Football communications. 865-974-4167. let Mr. Stripe know how much you disapprove of Hyamms having media access to Vols
    Good info

Fuk Jimmy Hyams and his goats. If he reported everything that he heard or knew when he first heard it, I might cut him some slack but he suddenly knows things after people are gone. Pretty low rent move on the part of Hyams. No need to report all that. My thoughts are with TK Jr.

I think Hyams is as big an idiot as anyone. But he didn't do anything wrong here. The police report apparently classified it as attempted suicide based on eye witness accounts. It's not like Hyams was spreading unsubstantiated rumors about it. The police report is public record and Hyams is merely reporting the facts of the event based on official public record.

If it turns out the attempted suicide is false, then that's on KPD for classifying that way. But I don't see how that would happen if their assertion is based on eye witnesses immediately after the incident.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gunga Galunga View Post
    I think Hyams is as big an idiot as anyone. But he didn't do anything wrong here. The police report apparently classified it as attempted suicide based on eye witness accounts. It's not like Hyams was spreading unsubstantiated rumors about it. The police report is public record and Hyams is merely reporting the facts of the event based on official public record.

If it turns out the attempted suicide is false, then that's on KPD for classifying that way. But I don't see how that would happen if their assertion is based on eye witnesses immediately after the incident.
    My thinking is if the cops classified this as a suicide attempt, they would have had to Baker Act Kelly, and he would be in a facility somewhere and not twittering the next day
    TIG, Lane never put it there before. Thanks for a great night, Layla

since it's not coming from UT HIPPA didn't apply?

Quote Originally Posted by rocketcityvol View Post
    Don’t think HIPPA would apply since they are talking about the cause of the injury, not the treatment, injury, or prognosis.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketcityvol View Post
    My understanding of HIPAA is that it holds the medical community from releasing information regarding patients, unless they get the patient's consent. It, to my knowledge, has nothing to do with police / media reports.
    Mine's Bigger

Agreed. Hyams is a dick but this would have been reported even if he didn't exist. My problem with Hyams is that he doesn't apply the same "just the facts" attitude towards informing his readers/listeners of the crap that Phildo and his enablers were guilty of all those years.

That's too much of an easy button out. This is one of those things that may have been correct, but it wasn't right. It's an ethical dilemma that can't and shouldn't be force fitted into a convenient set of guidelines and platitudes in the journalism lexicon.

Some questions Hyams should have asked himself:

- Is it right for me to justify publishing this since I'm confident others will? IOW, it will come out anyway.
    - What is the motivation for me to include the word "Suicide" in the headline?
    - Is the suspicion that it was a suicide attempt something that readers need to know?
    - If he had been my son, relative or close friend, would I publish it?
    - What effects would this have on others considering to seek help for mental illnesses?

I could go on but if you have to answer that many questions about an ethical dilemma, chances are you should know what to do.